Rich: Stewart, Dolson looking to cut down on the fouls | The Boneyard

Rich: Stewart, Dolson looking to cut down on the fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“That whole new interpretation of the rules, that doesn’t apply in the post it seems like,’’ Auriemma said. “Because to me there’s a lot more movement on the perimeter, but I think the post play is just as out of control I think as it’s been in previous years. And I think that’s the next step that I think we have to take with the officials is there’s got to be a consistency on how you can and how you can’t defend in the post. We already know what you can do on the perimeter. I think the next step is you’ve got to be clear on what you can and what you can’t do in the post.’’

as Geno said, the refs are now calling the touch fouls on the perimeter, as the rules state, but IMO it's still an MMA Free-for-all in the post at times. It seems like the post calls are arbitrary, with no rhyme or reason. Of course, I love watching Stef's "What? Me? What did I do?"...

Reaction Score
Stef seemed to be was annoyed at being asked about her excessive fouling, by the answer she gave.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef seemed to be was annoyed at being asked about her excessive fouling, by the answer she gave.
Probably believed she was giving as she was getting.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
All the foul trouble Stef and Stewie have been in makes the "other senior" look pretty smart/mature. Consider these results for Bria Hartley:
1. Played 117 of 120 minutes in last three games.
2. Only 4 personal fouls..!!
3. Scored 59 points w/ only 6 turnovers.
4. Has 18 rebounds, 19 assists and 8 steals for the season.

Bria is taking the Senior leadership role to heart...:) Go Bria..!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
All the foul trouble Stef and Stewie have been in makes the "other senior" look pretty smart/mature. Consider these results for Bria Hartley:
1. Played 117 of 120 minutes in last three games.
2. Only 4 personal fouls..!!
3. Scored 59 points w/ only 6 turnovers.
4. Has 18 rebounds, 19 assists and 8 steals for the season.

Bria is taking the Senior leadership role to heart...:) Go Bria..!!!
One cannot compare post play and guard play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Stef's trouble is her use of her arms away from her body - she just can seem to stop extending them to push or shield. They seem to be calling touch fouls in the paint but allowing a lot of bodying up which I think to some degree you have to allow. Those are big bodies both trying for to occupy the same space.
My biggest complaint (and Stef got one of these fouls in the PSU game) is the shoulder to shoulder contact going after loose balls or errant passes or rebounds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I liked Stef's response. She's funny:

“I don’t want to talk about that,’’ Dolson said. “Alright, so I fouled a little bit. I think some were questionable. Although after watching the tape maybe not so questionable. I’m working on it. I’m working on it. I just get a little overzealous sometimes. A, with my screens because I really want to get my teammates open. But I move sometimes. But I’ve just got to work on keeping my arms straight up. I can’t do anything about it.’’

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
One cannot compare post play and guard play.

I wasn't trying to compare the two. Bria played 117 minutes, covering ball handlers much of the time. If anything, she had MORE opportunity to foul. My main point is simple. Stef and Stewie have had "dumb" fouls. Bria hasn't.:)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Not to mention that Bria's 3.16-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio is one that anyone would be proud of, including Kelly Faris.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Dolson has always had trouble setting screens. My guess is that she's been called for moving screens as much or more than any other foul.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dolson has always had trouble setting screens. My guess is that she's been called for moving screens as much or more than any other foul.
Stef's problems setting screens is as much a problem of her making up for bad cuts by the guards as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom