Rich: Lots of recruits coming Friday... | The Boneyard

Rich: Lots of recruits coming Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A recruiting source has confirmed that UConn 2015 commit De’Janae Boykin, a 6-foot-3 forward from Springdale, Md., Class of 2016 targets Crystal Dangerfield, a 5-5 point guard from Murfreesboro, Tenn., and Jocelyn Willoughby, a 6-foot wing from Newark, N.J., and Class of 2017 targets Andra Espinoza-Hunter, a 5-11 guard from Ossining, N.Y., and Megan Walker, a 6-1 wing from Chesterfield, Va. will be in attendance at First Night Friday at Gampel Pavilion.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Give me the Latina!

UCONN's had great luck with those. Same program as Chong too.

A_6yIj0CEAAGsVc.jpg:large

BDb3fIcCMAAMdSa.jpg:large

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Megan Walker is a player I really really really want. She's supposed to be sensational. Like Maya Moore, but more athletic. Seriously.

I've seen Walker play several times and I wouldn't say that, but she's going to be an excellent player.

Reaction Score
SLU: would you tell some of the pluses and minuses you saw? Thank you.

Reaction Score
A recruiting source has confirmed that UConn 2015 commit De’Janae Boykin, a 6-foot-3 forward from Springdale, Md., Class of 2016 targets Crystal Dangerfield, a 5-5 point guard from Murfreesboro, Tenn., and Jocelyn Willoughby, a 6-foot wing from Newark, N.J., and Class of 2017 targets Andra Espinoza-Hunter, a 5-11 guard from Ossining, N.Y., and Megan Walker, a 6-1 wing from Chesterfield, Va. will be in attendance at First Night Friday at Gampel Pavilion.
I don't know if the bit about Walker was common knowledge (I kind of live under a rock until election day), but that is very good news.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't know if the bit about Walker was common knowledge (I kind of live under a rock until election day), but that is very good news.

Unfortunately, Megan Walker's favorite athlete is...Candace Parker.

Reaction Score
RICH and others: What about the girl from State College PA? Thought she was on board for First Night? Was that erroneous info -- or did something go off track with her?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
SLU: would you tell some of the pluses and minuses you saw? Thank you.

Yeah, Walker is very talented. That much was clear even in games in which she didn't shoot well. She's got nice athleticism and hops and a solid frame. She's got a smooth and deliberate shooting motion and likes to take jumpers from the foul-line area. She can work off screens for shots or create her own off the dribble. I saw her use her strength and frame to great effect when driving to the hoop. She really does everything well, and if you didn't know any better you'd think she was at least a couple years older than she is. Other than some youth-related TO's, not much to complain about with her game.

Here are some short highlights of her from AAU ball this year. I recommend watching them all.

Three:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/walker-connects-from-deep-180100

Angled layup off glass:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/megan-walker-gets-it-off-the-g-180302

Left-handed drive to the hoop for a 3-pt play:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/boo-williams-megan-walker-on-t-156286

Three:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/let-it-rain-180094

Three:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/walker-buries-the-triple-180091

Foul line jumper:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/megan-walker-putting-the-finis-176023

Misses two shots, then gets a putback:

http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/boo-williams-megan-walker-stay-176020

Reaction Score
SLU: Now THAT is putting something together, and I'm talkin 'bout both Walker AND you. Very kind of you to assemble that material, and I especially liked your own perceptions of her play. I have a hunch a lot of Yarders will go for your post in a big way.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks, winlots. Those whole games are available if you're interested. One of them is an entertaining matchup against Tori McCoy and Hayley Gorecki.

Reaction Score
RICH and others: What about the girl from State College PA? Thought she was on board for First Night? Was that erroneous info -- or did something go off track with her?

Kyla Irwin will be not be attending "First Night" this Friday but will make a visit to Storrs sometime on the weekend.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sounds good. I think they'll be impressed.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that Espinoza-Hunter is the same kid who was a frosh/maybe even an 8th grader on Ossining when Saniya
played there. I believe she transferred to Blair Academy in Jersey....and played with Sadie there.

Love the names I'm seeing here who will be in the house. Get Tori McCoy to come for one of our early home games???

Maybe the first exhibition game on Sunday Nov. 2?

Unofficial visits...on their own dime....yes!!

Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin will be not be attending "First Night" this Friday but will make a visit to Storrs sometime on the weekend.

SAWX: thank you for that. Actually, that rings one of my faint bells; believe I read earlier that she had a volleyball game or something and could not arrive until Sat. Probably they can show her good tape of the festivities????

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that Espinoza-Hunter is the same kid who was a frosh/maybe even an 8th grader on Ossining when Saniya
played there. I believe she transferred to Blair Academy in Jersey....and played with Sadie there.

Love the names I'm seeing here who will be in the house. Get Tori McCoy to come for one of our early home games???

Maybe the first exhibition game on Sunday Nov. 2?

Unofficial visits...on their own dime....yes!!

BLAKE: you are correct about the Ossining situation. Think the girl has moved thru three schools, ending up at Blair...and seems to be the real deal for sure with long-standing interest in UCONN. Also, great point about "own dime".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Slu - thanks for the post - I think I would use the word calm rather than deliberate - it is a pretty quick release, but with a natural flow. Deliberate just hints at slow to me.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
BLAKE: you are correct about the Ossining situation. Think the girl has moved thru three schools, ending up at Blair...and seems to be the real deal for sure with long-standing interest in UCONN. Also, great point about "own dime".

That's exactly what Sadie Edwards did too. Good thing she played with both Chong and Sadie.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Slu - thanks for the post - I think I would use the word calm rather than deliberate - it is a pretty quick release, but with a natural flow. Deliberate just hints at slow to me.

Exactly.

Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:
Thanks, winlots. Those whole games are available if you're interested. One of them is an entertaining matchup against Tori McCoy and Hayley Gorecki.

Just to clear up my own confusion... Is your handle SLuconn Husky? Or SI? Like in Sports Illustrated? With all the sensitivity around player names I want to make sure I have the BY "player" names right.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just to clear up my own confusion... Is your handle SLuconn Husky? Or SI? Like in Sports Illustrated? With all the sensitivity around player names I want to make sure I have the BY "player" names right.

Just copy paste. It's Sluconn Husky. So lowercase "l"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA