Rich: Geno compares DT to Babe Ruth | The Boneyard

Rich: Geno compares DT to Babe Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree...........They lost to Nova in the BE finals and the following year to BC and went on to win the NC.............DT was playing hurt against BC with back spasms..........Nobody better than DT.......I hope some how she can make it via Geno Surprise to her teammates and the fans............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She may not wear #4, but Maya is Lou Gehrig. She doesn't miss games, is likely to win another Chinese League championship, and is widely respected.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Would that make Breanna #2 Derek Jeter? Wins a championship in her first year as Jeter did as a rookie, has a diverse game, will develop into a leader/team captain when all is said and done, I'd bet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would that make Breanna #2 Derek Jeter? Wins a championship in her first year as Jeter did as a rookie, has a diverse game, will develop into a leader/team captain when all is said and done, I'd bet.

Red Sox fans are shaking their collective heads about now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've argued Geno's premise before, and people usually come to the defense of the supporting cast. Geno absolutely nails the context here.

Not only did she put an entire team on her shoulders, twice, but she did it while playing hurt and taking a pounding like I haven't seen in the women's game since. We acknowledge that Maya was beat up, but D was absolutely murdered.

DT's run still remains the most amazing thing I've seen in the women's game.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Red Sox fans are shaking their collective heads about now.
nah. Jeter on his last lap, Gehrig is dead, Ruth dead, Niedermeyer - Dead! (sorry: got carried away).

Comparison doesn't work. Next thing you know, somebody'll say that CD is channeling Joe D, and that Stef is the reincarnation of the Scooter!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I've argued Geno's premise before, and people usually come to the defense of the supporting cast. Geno absolutely nails the context here.

Not only did she put an entire team on her shoulders, twice, but she did it while playing hurt and taking a pounding like I haven't seen in the women's game since. We acknowledge that Maya was beat up, but D was absolutely murdered.

DT's run still remains the most amazing thing I've seen in the women's game.
She's the Michael Jordan of the womens game- and with a bigger personality---She used to get body blocked and hamerred without the ball- all the time.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
nah. Jeter on his last lap, Gehrig is dead, Ruth dead, Niedermeyer - Dead! (sorry: got carried away).

Comparison doesn't work. Next thing you know, somebody'll say that CD is channeling Joe D, and that Stef is the reincarnation of the Scooter!
They aren't?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I agree about Niedermayer. :)

But I'm going to compare Moriah Jefferson with Thomas Jefferson. Or maybe James Madison, because he was #4. :D

Reaction Score
Not the first time Geno has made this comparison:

From Geno's book "In Pursuit of Perfection"

When freshman Diana Taurasi asked him if she could wear No. 00 at UConn: "I ask Diana what number she wants to wear and she says 00. I tell her, you want to wear 00? Then you're an idiot. Nobody wears 00 in college. That's just a way of drawing attention to yourself. Pick a real number. "Then she thinks about it and says, 'I'll wear No. 1.' Now I'm getting upset. Nobody is wearing No. 1 here. You haven't done enough to earn the right to wear No. 1. Now she's ticked off. She's giving me some song and dance about why she's good enough for it and I'm not budging. "I tell her, 'Look at No. 3.' She asks why and I say because if you do this right, if you do what I tell you to do, then you are going to be the Babe Ruth of women's basketball."

- See more at: http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_wome...nts-top-10-auriemma.html#sthash.kjQqTuZ8.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom