Rewatched Ken./Wisc. Observations | The Boneyard

Rewatched Ken./Wisc. Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Randle is very good, but he uses the same darn move most of the time. Stop him from cutting across the lane to his left.
2. Wisconsin didn't impress me much. Took a lot of quick shots, not set. Many wasted opportunities. Didn't stay with their guys on D tightly.
3. W should have slowed the game down. We will. No sense running and gunning with a team that is clearly more comfortable in open floor, broken play action than are you.
4. Fairly inconsistent D on both sides.
5. Kentucky has too many alpha dogs. Not good. It seems like they don't feed the hot hand, because everybody wants to be the hot hand.
6. #25 on Kentucky only got about 12 minutes, but they may need him to D Boat and Bazz. Harrisons play soft D and give too much space. They rely on their length to get back to the guy they are guarding.
7. Kentucky doesn't really feed the post much. The announcers said as much. They drive the ball in and look for the dish or putback.
8. Stay with your man Huskies. Lots of alley oops to cutting big men whose defender left. They live on that play. Take it away by constantly harassing the ball and staying with your man.
9. Refs had two very obvious blown calls on the same guy in the 1st half (blocks), but otherwise didn't concern me too much.
10. K had 3 guys with 2 fouls in the 1st half, but nobody finished with more than 3 for them. Bad job by W pushing the ball.
11. I think we need to attach the rim mercilessly the whole game. Shorten the game. Use each possession all the way. Don't let them get rolling in the open court. Be in the X2 bonus by the 15 minute mark. It's doable.
12. I can see us playing small ball. Fact is, K plays off the ball and relies on their athleticism to make up for lack of tightness on D. We need to exploit that by going to the rim and drawing fouls.
13. I like our chances.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As long as we run intelligent offense, even if we don't score we will be in position to defend. It is when we get into a hectic, disorganized back and forth where we get ourselves into trouble. Fortunately we've broken the bad habits that hurt us early in the year.

I believe that we will be exceptionally well prepared for the game. Even with that however we are still

Doomed.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1. Randle is very good, but he uses the same darn move most of the time. Stop him from cutting across the lane to his left.
2. Wisconsin didn't impress me much. Took a lot of quick shots, not set. Many wasted opportunities. Didn't stay with their guys on D tightly.
3. W should have slowed the game down. We will. No sense running and gunning with a team that is clearly more comfortable in open floor, broken play action than are you.
4. Fairly inconsistent D on both sides.
5. Kentucky has too many alpha dogs. Not good. It seems like they don't feed the hot hand, because everybody wants to be the hot hand.
6. #25 on Kentucky only got about 12 minutes, but they may need him to D Boat and Bazz. Harrisons play soft D and give too much space. They rely on their length to get back to the guy they are guarding.
7. Kentucky doesn't really feed the post much. The announcers said as much. They drive the ball in and look for the dish or putback.
8. Stay with your man Huskies. Lots of alley oops to cutting big men whose defender left. They live on that play. Take it away by constantly harassing the ball and staying with your man.
9. Refs had two very obvious blown calls on the same guy in the 1st half (blocks), but otherwise didn't concern me too much.
10. K had 3 guys with 2 fouls in the 1st half, but nobody finished with more than 3 for them. Bad job by W pushing the ball.
11. I think we need to attach the rim mercilessly the whole game. Shorten the game. Use each possession all the way. Don't let them get rolling in the open court. Be in the X2 bonus by the 15 minute mark. It's doable.
12. I can see us playing small ball. Fact is, K plays off the ball and relies on their athleticism to make up for lack of tightness on D. We need to exploit that by going to the rim and drawing fouls.
13. I like our chances.

Wisconsin's D was terrible against Kentucky. They just couldn't stick with anyone on the perimeter. Our guys got this. Dooooomed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cal's offensive, the dibble drive motion relies on getting the ball in the lane vs. traditional post play. KO actually runs something similar, though it's more isolation than UK. Stay in front of them, rebound, and cover the kickout and I like our chances. Their D can be had, they're freshmen and rely too much on athleticism.

Reaction Score
Hawkins was the primary defender on Stauskas in the 2nd half in the Elite 8 when he went off for 18 in the 1st half….Hawkins held him to 4 in the 2nd……but 2 things here, Stauskas isn't Bazz handling the ball and it also makes them smaller and worst on O-side………

Pick your poison snake guy!

Reaction Score
Stop them from getting in the lane and we'll be in a good place. We stopped Wilbekin from getting into the lane and he is quicker than the Harrisons

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
We're doomed for sure. 13 unlucky points for #13!
He should have skipped 13 and gone straight to 14!
like the elavators in high rise buildings lol

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
we have so much Experience and they Don't.
I'm a Confident Uconn Fan :)

Reaction Score
Last night's game made it hard for me to think of Bo Ryan in the "elite" echelon of coaches. Just thought Wisconsin's gameplan and execution of it was terrible.

But maybe I'm being harder on other teams and coaches because we're so damn good at game-planning and execution.

Reaction Score
Lot of good observations here. Think UConn isin ok position -----anything can happen in a game....even Harrison hitting a 4th game winner.

Just listen to Vitale UK.............UConn is doomed....

Go UConn women

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Gotta hope for no cheap,early fouls.
I think THIS, more than anything else will determine how this game goes. If Shabazz and Boat can play the same D they have been playing and not getting called for ticky tack fouls, I'll feel better about our chances.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People be acting like UK hasn't lived and died by buzzerbeaters.

Ugh, look at that grammar must have been listening to KO!
Yeah I don't get why this is overlooked. Kentucky is beating good teams but could've lost four times. We've been in control at the end of every game since St. Joe's.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't get why this is overlooked. Kentucky is beating good teams but could've lost four times. We've been in control at the end of every game since St. Joe's.
If we rank the teams that were beaten by each, I think Michigan State and Florida are better than anyone they beat--although you can argue that Louisville is better than Michigan State.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If we rank the teams that were beaten by each, I think Michigan State and Florida are better than anyone they beat--although you can argue that Louisville is better than Michigan State.
Though tournament Louisville was for some reason underwhelming. Their St. Louis win was god-awful. It's like UConn and Louisville swapped personas right before the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Louisville was just weird.

We make them look like the best team in the country.

Than you remember they lost to UNC, Memphis (2 times right?), and Cincy. Came within a Russ Smith buzzer beater from losing 2 times to Cincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom