Results matter ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Results matter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know Ldandy. I've had this discussion with Ldandy on the Penn State Board a couple of times. But they have a poster over there from Purdue that takes over the threads and makes it hard to have civil conversation. He's almost worse than buckaineer. He spends the whole time insulting the south, and he has a bug up his arse for Wake Forest for some reason. A couple of Penn State fans who also went to Duke engage him. I'm glad he hasn't surface here yet. It's easier to converse with Ldandy here.

Jesus man don't mention his name. Speak of the devil and he might appear. He'll permanently park himself here in order to free UCONN from the invasion of all your snake handling bible thumping brethren. :)

Reaction Score
Do you honestly think it will be hard for RU and UMD to sell tickets? RU has been doing alright in Football playing the likes of USF and Temple. UMD does pretty well in BBall, and will improve with a steady diet of B1G East Opponents on the home schedule. For crispes sakes PSU alone brought over 50,000 to Fed Ex to play a game against IU. If it were a regional opponent or a bigger name the place likely sells out.

We are within a decade of Rutgers having multiple games drawing less than 20,000 people. I like the RU ... and all the red ... and the hoohah that Greg Schiano raised. But, it was yesterday that they truly had a collapse. And, I feel they are this AD away from more & more laughter for us here in NutmegLand.

Reaction Score
We are within a decade of Rutgers having multiple games drawing less than 20,000 people. I like the RU ... and all the red ... and the hoohah that Greg Schiano raised. But, it was yesterday that they truly had a collapse. And, I feel they are this AD away from more & more laughter for us here in NutmegLand.

I think their AD and HC are big time negatives for their school, but perhaps with an influx of real cash for the first time ever they can bring in better. Even if they are terrible, Delany will have gotten what he truly wants anyway in access to NJ Cable Subscribers and a toe into the NYC Market.

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers athletics has been out of the spotlight for decades, and in a place like New Jersey, that means crooks and cronies are around to skim off the fruits of any success, and demoralize any decent people who happen to have landed in the neighborhood. But creepy crawly things flourish in dark places under rocks; when the rocks are pulled away and the light shined, they scatter. In the B1G the spotlight will be on Rutgers and I expect they'll start making an effort, if not for excellence, at least for competence. Heaven knows with their huge state population and media markets, they are a sleeping giant. Bare competence alone could bring them to the upper half of B1G football. The Rutgers addition will work out well for the B1G in the long run. It just may take a decade or two to complete a cultural makeover.

Reaction Score
Rutgers athletics has been out of the spotlight for decades, and in a place like New Jersey, that means crooks and cronies are around to skim off the fruits of any success, and demoralize any decent people who happen to have landed in the neighborhood. But creepy crawly things flourish in dark places under rocks; when the rocks are pulled away and the light shined, they scatter. In the B1G the spotlight will be on Rutgers and I expect they'll start making an effort, if not for excellence, at least for competence. Heaven knows with their huge state population and media markets, they are a sleeping giant. Bare competence alone could bring them to the upper half of B1G football. The Rutgers addition will work out well for the B1G in the long run. It just may take a decade or two to complete a cultural makeover.

I feel similarly about the AAC basketball programs that got beat by 30 to 60 by Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati and mostly Louisville. There is a shellacking that most University presidents just can't fathom. These schools PUT money into Athletics - USF, UCF, Rutgers (yeah ... they got beat by 61), Houston and (unfortunately) the good Temple folks. I think change comes from this first year. Houston has Kelvin Sampson and that promises to be an upgrade. And Antigua. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom