Results matter ... | The Boneyard

Results matter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"A year ago, the Rutgers athletic department’s deficit was nearly $28 million, bringing the hole it has dug since 2005 to $190 million. To offset the losses, student fees have been raised and state funds reallocated. Last summer, Maryland’s athletic department cut seven varsity sports in trying to patch a $21 million shortfall."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/business/the-big-tens-bigger-footprint.html

For our visiting friends ...

I think we get that why we didn't get picked by either the ACC or the B1G. We just think that both Conferences in their criteria - wildly different, it seems, at their core - made a big mistake. BIG.

On the B1G front, you cannot overlook how awful the Maryland and Rutgers Athletic Departments have been. They have these huge deficits because ... they suck. They cannot do most anything right. And YES, it is the SUNJ that is the outlier far more than the Terps. They both lost money; but, Rutgers has a simply horrible (except maybe for a season or 2 of Football) track record in sports across the entire spectrum. And thus they cut sports. (Maryland too obviously)

Seemingly (what upstate is also referring to) we don't fit the AAU criteria. We are a smaller state - though I would argue that WE do have a greater potential Brand in NYC metro - and we won't have the number of TV sets. And YES, there are far more Football recruits out of NJ. But, they cannot do anything right down there. Would you take Piggly Wiggly if you could get Wegmans? Because it is in a choicer demo to start. We see the criteria; we just think it is crazy. Why? Because we have watched Rutgers for 2 decades.

And the ACC is even more idiotic - IMHO -

I get Louisville. They have a fanbase; they win; they have a dynamic AD and select solid coaches (each of whom can't zip it up). But, Syracuse & BC & Pitt ???? For the long term? That, to me, says they are selecting form a set of SI covers from the 1980s and not looking with any foresight. They let Clemson & John Swofford sway around with his hairpiece. That is a recipe of spending lots of years in the mausoleum in Central NY - which is a long way from Times Square btw.

I get you want to bug us ... and make fun of our ECU game. We just will keep hiring great coaches ... and kicking ass.

Reaction Score
The issue with The B1G is that the current overall quality of both new additions' Athletic Depts had very little to do with their selection. This was a move driven by the economic structure of The BTN, the desire of land locked Midwestern Schools to have better access to recruiting, and the idea of capturing a portion of The NYC and Beltway Media Markets. UCONN runs circles around both results wise, although in fairness to UMD their problem was mostly poor financial mgmt not necessarily results.

IMO the ADs at the other B1G Schools probably believe that the major influx of cash both newcomers will see can likely get them both to be at least serviceable, while the rest of the conference schools reap the renegotiated contract windfalls. I believe that for this plan to truly be realized there are two more teams needed. UCONN and UVA.

The combo of RU, UCONN, PSU, and UM/OSU gets you on the radar in NYC. It justifies their having an office in Manhattan to conduct business. The combo of PSU, UMD, and UVA delivers The DMV in a real way.(cue Stimpy's retort). So much so that the conference would have major pull in Chicago, NYC, and DC, not to mention Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Indy, Detroit, etc.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's really so easy - people keep bringing up the finances at Maryland and Rutgers.

It doesn't matter.

Rutgers and Maryland are in the Big Ten because they are in New Jersey and Maryland. Period.

The Big Ten was cutting a path to the sea and staking claim to a bazillion television sets in the process.

Reaction Score
The issue with The B1G is that the current overall quality of both new additions' Athletic Depts had very little to do with their selection. This was a move driven by the economic structure of The BTN, the desire of land locked Midwestern Schools to have better access to recruiting, and the idea of capturing a portion of The NYC and Beltway Media Markets. UCONN runs circles around both results wise, although in fairness to UMD their problem was mostly poor financial mgmt not necessarily results.

IMO the ADs at the other B1G Schools probably believe that the major influx of cash both newcomers will see can likely get them both to be at least serviceable, while the rest of the conference schools reap the renegotiated contract windfalls. I believe that for this plan to truly be realized there are two more teams needed. UCONN and UVA.

The combo of RU, UCONN, PSU, and UM/OSU gets you on the radar in NYC. It justifies their having an office in Manhattan to conduct business. The combo of PSU, UMD, and UVA delivers The DMV in a real way.(cue Stimpy's retort). So much so that the conference would have major pull in Chicago, NYC, and DC, not to mention Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Indy, Detroit, etc.

I would like to have UVA in a conference with Penn State, and I've expained that on Penn State boards. I just don't want to do so in the Big Ten. I don't want to see UVA give up presence in Georgia and Florida to pick up Michigan and Ohio. And UVA has a very long history of association with the North Carolina Tobacco Road Schools. I like the idea of the ACC spanning the entire east coast. I'm not enamoured with the midwest, and most UVA fans and alumni aren't either. For this same reson, I'm not too excited to have Cincinnati join the ACC, and Cincinnati is under consideration. I like UConn much better, and even Temple.

Reaction Score
It's really so easy - people keep bringing up the finances at Maryland and Rutgers.

It doesn't matter.

Rutgers and Maryland are in the Big Ten because they are in New Jersey and Maryland. Period.

The Big Ten was cutting a path to the sea and staking claim to a bazillion television sets in the process.

It's no secret. The Big Ten was thinking like a television network and not an athletic conference. They will get the TV sets, and they will water down the quality of what they broadcast on it with the additions. But they are into fleecing subcribers to cable with their current model and not selling tickets or even ratings really. It is the strategy, and if it is successful the Big Ten will make more money from the subscriber fees.

Reaction Score
It's no secret. The Big Ten was thinking like a television network and not an athletic conference. They will get the TV sets, and they will water down the quality of what they broadcast on it with the additions. But they are into fleecing subcribers to cable with their current model and not selling tickets or even ratings really. It is the strategy, and if it is successful the Big Ten will make more money from the subscriber fees.
The Big Ten's move into NYC fails without UConn. If they were more interested in UVA, we'd probably be hearing about an office in Washington, DC. That city is growing VERY fast.

Reaction Score

And if the B1G adds Uconn they will have all that AND win championships too.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten's move into NYC fails without UConn. If they were more interested in UVA, we'd probably be hearing about an office in Washington, DC. That city is growing VERY fast.

UVA isn't interested. I thought the Big Ten was putting an office in Washington, DC. I'm not sure why they think they need to sprinkle offices everywhere, but I did read about a DC office. They should put one in Philadelphia too.

Reaction Score
"A year ago, the Rutgers athletic department’s deficit was nearly $28 million, bringing the hole it has dug since 2005 to $190 million. To offset the losses, student fees have been raised and state funds reallocated. Last summer, Maryland’s athletic department cut seven varsity sports in trying to patch a $21 million shortfall."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/business/the-big-tens-bigger-footprint.html

For our visiting friends ...

I think we get that why we didn't get picked by either the ACC or the B1G. We just think that both Conferences in their criteria - wildly different, it seems, at their core - made a big mistake. BIG.

On the B1G front, you cannot overlook how awful the Maryland and Rutgers Athletic Departments have been. They have these huge deficits because ... they suck. They cannot do most anything right. And YES, it is the SUNJ that is the outlier far more than the Terps. They both lost money; but, Rutgers has a simply horrible (except maybe for a season or 2 of Football) track record in sports across the entire spectrum. And thus they cut sports. (Maryland too obviously)

Seemingly (what upstate is also referring to) we don't fit the AAU criteria. We are a smaller state - though I would argue that WE do have a greater potential Brand in NYC metro - and we won't have the number of TV sets. And YES, there are far more Football recruits out of NJ. But, they cannot do anything right down there. Would you take Piggly Wiggly if you could get Wegmans? Because it is in a choicer demo to start. We see the criteria; we just think it is crazy. Why? Because we have watched Rutgers for 2 decades.

And the ACC is even more idiotic - IMHO -

I get Louisville. They have a fanbase; they win; they have a dynamic AD and select solid coaches (each of whom can't zip it up). But, Syracuse & BC & Pitt ???? For the long term? That, to me, says they are selecting form a set of SI covers from the 1980s and not looking with any foresight. They let Clemson & John Swofford sway around with his hairpiece. That is a recipe of spending lots of years in the mausoleum in Central NY - which is a long way from Times Square btw.

I get you want to bug us ... and make fun of our ECU game. We just will keep hiring great coaches ... and kicking ass.

You're simply clueless about expansion and what is driving the bus.

It's football and money, and in football, UCONN sucks. Period. You have finished in the bottom half of the Big East/American in 8 of the last 10 years. Just think about how imcompetent that is.

You have had three straight losing seasons, and your attendance figures are horrible, and falling like a rock. If it wasn't for your Michigan game, which was 40 percent UMich fans, it would hae been much worse.

RU has finished in the top half of the league in 7 of the last 10 years, averaged 46,000 last year which was DOWN 4,000 from the previous year, and RU has been in the top 20 at some point in 3 of the last 8 years, and top 10 in 2 of the last 8 years.

We also BLOW you away in TV ratings on ESPN. 4 out of the top 5 (including #1) NYC DMA highest rated games, and in ALL of the top 5 highest rated ESPN2 games in the NYC DMA.

UCONN has not been in ANY of the top 10 games on ESPN or ESPN2 in the NYC DMA. None

You can say RU has sucked outside of one or two seasons, but in football, UCONN, outside of 1 season, has sucked even more.

The fact that you think your basketball championships mean something to the Big Ten show just how little you know about expansion.

But keep bashing Rutgers....we'll cry all the way to great fall weekends in the BIG while you're laughing at us at your home games against Tulsa and Temple.

Reaction Score

You know your BS just gets old. Md has defeated you, head-to-head, more times in football & basketball - the two that matter most in terms of perception (see the Cavaliers website for proof). So in reality, they leave the ACC pretty much owning you in these two sports. They have more NCAA titles than you (25 to 20), they have more bowl wins than you (11 to 7). Lordy, you're full of non-facts and bitter opinions towards a former rival who again left the conference beating you, VT and NCSt on the gridiron. That's gotta sting a little. You're the second option, at most, for all the football talent in your state. I'll grant you your success in other Olympic sports, but there are plenty of peers that have between 15-20 NCAA titles, but not Maryland, as stated they're above you.

Your best damn year in basketball since the Ralph Sampson years (man I'm getting old) goes down in flames to a MSU team that was overstated in terms of health - they beat you without a healthy PG. Anyways.

What do you have? Perhaps your inflated undergraduate rankings, oh the myth of Thomas Jefferson rages on - please cite your US News Rankings now. But stay with US News, and switch over to Graduate School Rankings: Md not only keeps pace with UVa, they have twice as many top 25 graduate programs. I don't think it's undergraduate degrees that are moving and shaking the world, I'll bet on graduate professionals here

You're truly stupid if you think BIG fans don't show up at sports events and tune into their teams, win or lose. You must be oblivious to objective, actual facts - the kind of facts that produce annual attendance numbers per colleges and conferences. So keep on buying into the BTN conspiracy & ask yourself why ESPN will continue to covet BIG content. BIG fans care about their teams, they may not win the symbolic NCs in basketball and football as often as the SEC or ACC (basketball), but they care and stay loyal.

Check your drool, leave it for the pastries. You're FOS.

Reaction Score

It's football and money, and in football, UCONN sucks. Period. You have finished in the bottom half of the Big East/American in 8 of the last 10 years. Just think about how imcompetent that is.

You have had three straight losing seasons, and your attendance figures are horrible, and falling like a rock. If it wasn't for your Michigan game, which was 40 percent UMich fans, it would hae been much worse.

RU has finished in the top half of the league in 7 of the last 10 years, averaged 46,000 last year which was DOWN 4,000 from the previous year, and RU has been in the top 20 at some point in 3 of the last 8 years, and top 10 in 2 of the last 8 years.

We also BLOW you away in TV ratings on ESPN. 4 out of the top 5 (including #1) NYC DMA highest rated games, and in ALL of the top 5 highest rated ESPN2 games in the NYC DMA.

UCONN has not been in ANY of the top 10 games on ESPN or ESPN2 in the NYC DMA. None

You can say RU has sucked outside of one or two seasons, but in football, UCONN, outside of 1 season, has sucked even more.

The fact that you think your basketball championships mean something to the Big Ten show just how little you know about expansion.

But keep bashing Rutgers....we'll cry all the way to great fall weekends in the BIG while you're laughing at us at your home games against Tulsa and Temple.
UConn is 2-1 v Rutgers the last 3 years during our worst 3 year stretch ever, UConn is 6-6 v RU since making the commitment to upgrade (one of those six UConn wins was while still 1-AA), UConn has more BE FB titles than RU in a significantly shorter period of time in the league, UConn has played in 1 BCS bowl to 0 for Rugers. I'm not claiming UConn FB is great (it's not), but if you say UConn FB sucks, then what does that say about RU FB . But hey, congrats on that Thurs night win over UL in 2006. RU's invite to the B1G was 100% about proximity to NYC, and that is it. It's great for RU, and i hope UConn can join, but don't come here claiming FB results is what got RU an invite.

pj

Reaction Score

The NYC DMA contains all of northern New Jersey (>5 million people), but only a small piece of Connecticut (< 1 million people). It's no wonder Rutgers wins the DMA it's located in and UConn is not. If you want to compare ratings, you have to use national ratings.

Reaction Score
You came back! Thank God, it was getting boring without you here!

I never thought I would see the day where you thought you could insult someone else's intelligence.

Well, there you have it everyone. UConn sucks. Period. Just to emphasize the point you are going try and make. How incompetent is it? Not sure, but I can play with facts too! In those same ten seasons, Rutgers' average final position in the conference standings was 4.6. UConn's? 5.0. So, is Rutgers just a little bit more competent? Are they less competent, considering they have access to a recruiting area that produces a litany of high end talent? Are they less competent considering that in that same ten year span, Rutgers' average recruiting class is ranked 47.9 (6 top 50; 1 top 25) compared to UConn's average, which is 80.6? [according to Rivals] Considering the inherent advantages you have, shouldn't your team have won a title instead of us?

You have had three straight losing seasons and your attendance figures are horrible, and falling like a rock. You can actually form a simile? Are you sure this is the buggsy I know? If it wasn't for your Michigan game, which was 40 percent UMich fans, [oh, you're just guessing the number now!] it would hae been much worse.

RU has finished in the top half of the league in 7 of the last 10 years, averaged 46,000 last year which was DOWN 4,000 from the previous year [well, 2,600 actually, but ehh, close enough], and RU has been in the top 20 at some point in 3 of the last 8 years, and top 10 in 2 of the last 8 years.

Well actually six times, but I'm sure that time you finished in 8th place in the conference felt so right, that you might have mixed that up. By the way, is it any less competent that for as bad as you are trying so desperately hard to pretend UConn is, that we never finished last in the conference, but you managed (sorry, you "achieved") it?

UCONN has not been in ANY of the top 10 games on ESPN or ESPN2 in the NYC DMA. None When your team isn't having one of those miracle runs, and is taking salt blasts to the eyes for a season, what are those numbers then?

You can say RU has sucked outside of one or two seasons, but in football, UCONN, outside of 1 season, has sucked even more. All things considered, the fact that UConn didn't suck even more than you claim is fairly remarkable.

The fact that you think your basketball championships mean something to the Big Ten show just how little you know about expansion. Describe the feeling you get when Rutgers wins a championship. I'll wait.

Enjoy those games in the fall. I hope that the halftime show involves Jim Delany giving a golden shower to Rutgers athletic department personnel while throwing crumpled up singles on the field for them to crawl after. It would be fitting, because sadly, the only difference between Rutgers and a prost!tute, is that at least the latter understands what she is. You seem as though you are still fooling yourself.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I find the Rutgers' delusions of football grandeur endearing. You forget that we know you. We know that you're not particularly good at football - we beat you as often as not. We've been playing football for ten minutes and we've managed to fight you to a straight up draw. We know you're positively dreadful at basketball. We know that your true talent is showing up as the punchline.

There is no corner of this country where Rutgers' athletics is admired. There's not one accomplishment that would sway even the most easily impressed college sports fan. Nothing. Zero. Given the freaking massive pile of failure you stand on, it's a minor miracle you people are allowed to wear belts and shoelaces into games.

You are good at nothing. You've done nothing. You've won nothing. Replace the R with an N.

However, you have managed to build your houses really close together and relatively close to New York City, so congrats. You've bred often enough to populate your state to a density where the Big Ten can swallow hard and bring you in as Maryland's plus-one.

It's a victory of civil engineering and fortunate geography over athletic incompetence.

Enjoy the Big Ten. You've 'earned' it.

Reaction Score

Actually you cry on the field and the court, but I understand that you are laughing to the bank. Your lack of athletic success will continue. It's the Rutgers way. I will not say never, but I will long gone before your basketball team ever has a better season than ours. The big difference between our schools is commitment to success. We win, you don't. Enjoy your money and when we get into a P5 you will cry when we kick your a $ $ in every sport.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Rutgers was added because they are close to NYC and they play in good recruiting grounds for other B1G powerhouses to enter. Their contribution to the B1G conference is quite simple: cable subscription fees and recruiting grounds. That's it. Oh, and the talking. Midwestern B1G fans always love some good ol' fashioned smack talk from a fanbase that has literally won nothing in 120 years.

Reaction Score

NYC is The media capital of the world, as soon as there was a BTN, I imagined it was only a matter of time. A DC satellite is on the radar.

Reaction Score
I would like to have UVA in a conference with Penn State, and I've expained that on Penn State boards. I just don't want to do so in the Big Ten. I don't want to see UVA give up presence in Georgia and Florida to pick up Michigan and Ohio. And UVA has a very long history of association with the North Carolina Tobacco Road Schools. I like the idea of the ACC spanning the entire east coast. I'm not enamoured with the midwest, and most UVA fans and alumni aren't either. For this same reson, I'm not too excited to have Cincinnati join the ACC, and Cincinnati is under consideration. I like UConn much better, and even Temple.

What presence does UVA have in GA and FL? Not a recruiting one. Both of these states produce so much Div 1 Talent that you can recruit either from anywhere in The USA. I get that UVA has a long history with T Road, but that little group is its own entity. I have attended "The Oldest Rivalry in the South" and the atmosphere was anything but electric. Clearly it is a rivalry built on years of association, not on intensity. UNC cares about beating Dook in basketball and the Woofies in Football.

The programs you are clinging to as being ACC Representatives of The Northeast are limited at best. The only ones you could have taken that have potential are UCONN and RU. Syracuse is a hell hole in central NY. They have zero recruiting base, football facilities, and are 1 bad hire post Boheim from being in deep trouble in their signature sport. Pitt? Bwahaha. They are located in a town that cares about The Stillers first and foremost. After that you get to The Pens, Pirates, PSU, HS Football, and then Pitt Football. This is a program that canceled its Spring Game because there was zero local interest. Let that sink in. They are an above average Bball program, above average wrestling program, and then a whole lot of nothing. BC? LOL. They are 95% about hockey and then 5 percent everything else. If they dropped the rest of their AD, I bet half of their students would not even know.

I find it interesting that you always say you hate the B1G, and feel UVA is a poor match for it. This is not the 1970's B1G. You would be in an East Division with PSU, UMD, RU, UM, OSU, MSU, and possibly UCONN. All of these schools have similar academic missions, diverse and powerful athletic depts, and many are in reasonable driving distances. You love your Olympic Sports.? We have that in spades. Tradition? Check. Money and prestige? Check. Watching every Hoo Football Game on TV, with gobs of baseball, soccer, lacrosse, wrestling, and basketball as we'll? Check. Never having to worry about the future of UVA Athletics? Check.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Do you honestly think it will be hard for RU and UMD to sell tickets? RU has been doing alright in Football playing the likes of USF and Temple. UMD does pretty well in BBall, and will improve with a steady diet of B1G East Opponents on the home schedule. For crispes sakes PSU alone brought over 50,000 to Fed Ex to play a game against IU. If it were a regional opponent or a bigger name the place likely sells out.

Reaction Score
What presence does UVA have in GA and FL? Not a recruiting one. Both of these schools produce so much Div 1 Talent that you can recruit either from anywhere in The USA. I get that UVA has a long history with T Road, but that little group is its own entity. I have attended "The Oldest Rivalry in the South" and the atmosphere was anything but electric. Clearly it is a rivalry built on years of association, not on intensity. UNC cares about beating Dook in basketball and the Woofies in Football.

The programs you are clinging to as being ACC Representatives of The Northeast are limited at best. The only ones you could have taken that are not are UCONN and RU. Syracuse is a hell hole in central NY, with zero recruiting base, football facilities, and 1 bad hire post Boheim from being in deep trouble in their signature sport. Pitt bwahahahah. They are located in a town that cares about The Steelers first and foremost. After that you get to The Pens, Pirates, PSU, HS Football, and then Pitt Football. This is a program that canceled its Spring Game because there was zero local interest. Let that sink in. They are an above average Bball program, above average wrestling program, and then a whole lot of nothing. BC? LOL. They are 95% about hockey and then 5 percent everything else. If they dropped half of their AD, I bet half of their students would not even know.

I find it interesting that you always say you hate the B1G, and feel UVA is a poor match for it. This is not the 1970's B1G. You would be in an East Division with PSU, UMD, RU, UM, OSU, MSU, and possibly UCONN. All of these schools have similar academic missions, diverse and powerful athletic depts, and many are in reasonable driving distances. You love your Olympic Sports.? We have that in spades. Tradition? Check. Money and prestige? Check. Watching every Hoo Football Game on TV, with gobs of baseball, soccer, lacrosse, wrestling, and basketball as we'll? Check. Never having to worry about the future of UVA Athletics? Check.

I lived in Miami for 8 years, and I loved personally attending UVA games in Alex Rodriguez Park for baseball, Dolphins Stadium for football, and the Convocation Center for basketball. I'm in Atlanta often and like attending UVA games when I'm there. I went to Georgia Tech, and I like attending their games. I'm not interested in being in a league with Michigan or Ohio State in anything. And I'm not really interested in scheduling anyone from the Big Ten West in any sport. Last I read, the Big Ten East schools do have to play the Big Ten West in stuff.

UVA just played a baseball series in Pittsburgh last weekend. It was tough. UVA dropped the middle game. I was shocked that Pitt was as good as they are in baseball. I've been impressed with their football, basketball, and wrestling. Not so much with tennis, but that's for another day. You mention Syracuse being one bad hire away from basketball obscurity. Rutgers is in obscurity now. In everything.

Like I said, I'd like to play Penn State more. We do play often as it is in stuff like soccer and lacrosse. But I'm not a fan of joining the Big Ten. Since Penn State is not leaving the Big Ten, we'll just have to be in different leagues.

Reaction Score
Do you honestly think it will be hard for RU and UMD to sell tickets? RU has been doing alright in Football playing the likes of USF and Temple. UMD does pretty well in BBall, and will improve with a steady diet of B1G East Opponents on the home schedule. For crispes sakes PSU alone brought over 50,000 to Fed Ex to play a game against IU. If it were a regional opponent or a bigger name the place likely sells out.

To their own fans. Yes. It's no fun to go to a home game and be overwhelmed with the other team's fans. I went to a Miami-Dallas football game one time in Miami and couldn't find the Miami fans. That was no fun. The Romo jerseys may me sick. I have no doubt that Penn State fans will take over Maryland and Rutgers football stadiums. UVA did well to hold the Penn State fans to the upper deck of the endzone in 2012. Someone noted on this board a couple of months ago that Rugers was only selling 3-4 thousand tickets to basketball games. That's not selling tickets.

Reaction Score
I lived in Miami for 8 years, and I loved personally attending UVA games in Alex Rodriguez Park for baseball, Dolphins Stadium for football, and the Convocation Center for basketball. I'm in Atlanta often and like attending UVA games when I'm there. I went to Georgia Tech, and I like attending their games. I'm not interested in being in a league with Michigan or Ohio State in anything. And I'm not really interested in scheduling anyone from the Big Ten West in any sport. Last I read, the Big Ten East schools do have to play the Big Ten West in stuff.

UVA just played a baseball series in Pittsburgh last weekend. It was tough. UVA dropped the middle game. I was shocked that Pitt was as good as they are in baseball. I've been impressed with their football, basketball, and wrestling. Not so much with tennis, but that's for another day. You mention Syracuse being one bad hire away from basketball obscurity. Rutgers is in obscurity now. In everything.

Like I said, I'd like to play Penn State more. We do play often as it is in stuff like soccer and lacrosse. But I'm not a fan of joining the Big Ten. Since Penn State is not leaving the Big Ten, we'll just have to be in different leagues.

If you actually are impressed with Pitt Football or wrestling I'm not sure what retort I can make other than... Actually I'm speechless. RU is TBD, but they have nowhere to go but up. Syracuse not so much. Enjoy Miami, but you do realize you can go there w/o subjecting yourself to watching live football games there. God knows their own fans are smart enough not to.

Reaction Score
If you actually are impressed with Pitt Football or wrestling I'm not sure what retort I can make other than... Actually I'm speechless. RU is TBD, but they have nowhere to go but up. Syracuse not so much. Enjoy Miami, but you do realize you can go there w/o subjecting yourself to watching live football games there. God knows their own fans are smart enough not to.
Ldandy, stimp wears the rosiest of rose colored ACC glasses, so it's useless to try to rationalize. Gotta appreciate his passion for the ACC, but he lost credibility in defending UL academics. He keeps trying though, and it makes sense to him, I guess that's all that matters.

Reaction Score
Ldandy, stimp wears the rosiest of rose colored ACC glasses, so it's useless to try to rationalize. Gotta appreciate his passion for the ACC, but he lost credibility in defending UL academics. He keeps trying though, and it makes sense to him, I guess that's all that matters.

I know as I've gone round and round with him plenty. I'm just trying to break him in slowly, so he doesn't take the bridge should Delany ever show up at a podium in Charlottesville.:)

Reaction Score

I know Ldandy. I've had this discussion with Ldandy on the Penn State Board a couple of times. But they have a poster over there from Purdue that takes over the threads and makes it hard to have civil conversation. He's almost worse than buckaineer. He spends the whole time insulting the south, and he has a bug up his arse for Wake Forest for some reason. A couple of Penn State fans who also went to Duke engage him. I'm glad he hasn't surface here yet. It's easier to converse with Ldandy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom