report: ville one vote away from acc | The Boneyard

report: ville one vote away from acc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see how you can pin it on Manuel if UConn doesn't get the invite. Nothing that would be pointed to as a reason to invite Louisville over UConn could possibly be pinned on Manuel.

Reaction Score
I don't see how you can pin it on Manuel if UConn doesn't get the invite. Nothing that would be pointed to as a reason to invite Louisville over UConn could possibly be pinned on Manuel.

The weight of this has to fall on someone

Reaction Score
What has he exactly been doing other than screwing around with our bball recruiting since he got here?
If we stay in the NBE the new slogan should be "Throw out the Manuel"

Reaction Score
Between the prez and AD who is in charge of application?

Reaction Score
The weight of this has to fall on someone

This is unbelievable. I think, if it is true, we have to acknowledge that the impact of the academic mess in the basketball program will have a bigger influence than we could have possibly imagined. The current quality of UConn football, despite the Louisville win, is an issue; but I think hoops and academics may be an ongoing deal breaker. I would think failure to gain ACC acceptance combined with the current state of Kevin Ollie's contract, we could be looking at a recruiting disaster. I know that the people doing the negotiating for us have kept their cards close to the vest; and I understand that. But in light of this news, it would really help for The Horde to ferret out some comforting information...or at least a realistic picture of where we stand.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!

Reaction Score
Where we stand is that we have Baby Huey trying to negotiate our future.

The question is what is that future and is he the man to get the job done.

Reaction Score
This is unbelievable. I think, if it is true, we have to acknowledge that the impact of the academic mess in the basketball program will have a bigger influence than we could have possibly imagined. The current quality of UConn football, despite the Louisville win, is an issue; but I think hoops and academics may be an ongoing deal breaker. I would think failure to gain ACC acceptance combined with the current state of Kevin Ollie's contract, we could be looking at a recruiting disaster. I know that the people doing the negotiating for us have kept their cards close to the vest; and I understand that. But in light of this news, it would really help for The Horde to ferret out some comforting information...or at least a realistic picture of where we stand.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!

Very possible.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We probably lost this one the second Pasqualoni was hired.

Instead of a young gun pushing the program, we have Gumby stumbling towards retirement.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ITS HIGH TIME WE HAD OURSELVES A HANGIN.

Reaction Score
Cincy and us should rule the new conference USA. Sweet!!!!

This sucks.

Reaction Score
I'm not getting to worked up over this, even though it sucks.. i have a feeling that some more acc schools are gonna get pouched, i.e. unc, va tech, ga-tech, uv..so we end up in acc regardless, it just what does the acc look like when we get into it. we sure picked a good time to be banned from ncaa\big east tourney... Gotta love it!! #sarcasm

Reaction Score
I'm not getting to worked up over this, even though it sucks.. i have a feeling that some more acc schools are gonna get pouched, i.e. unc, va tech, ga-tech, uv..so we end up in acc regardless, it just what does the acc look like when we get into it. we sure picked a good time to be banned from ncaa\big east tourney... Gotta love it!! #sarcasm
I'd agree that the ACC is not so stable. FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc. would bolt in a heartbeat. This will probably happen at some point.

While I'm partly not that upset about this because honestly going to the ACC doesn't feel that great, at this point it's much better than the alternative. UConn is basically stuck in a mid-major conference right now that could be disastrous for it's whole athletic department. At least the ACC wouldn't be a complete disaster.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'd agree that the ACC is not so stable. FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc. would bolt in a heartbeat. This will probably happen at some point.

While I'm partly not that upset about this because honestly going to the ACC doesn't feel that great, at this point it's much better than the alternative. UConn is basically stuck in a mid-major conference right now that could be disastrous for it's whole athletic department. At least the ACC wouldn't be a complete disaster.
Things looked good for the south until the Battles of Gettysburg and Vicksburg. The conference realignment is a dynamic process and not a static one. There are a lot of competing interests so I expect major changes to still occur and it won't surprise me one bit that present successes can turn into future disasters.

Reaction Score
I expect major changes to still occur and it won't surprise me one bit that present successes can turn into future disasters.

I would argue that possible future disasters are preferable to the definite present disaster.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would argue that possible future disasters are preferable to the definite present disaster.
Germany was pretty confident when they invaded Poland. At every moment in history there are lots of future unknowns. So today the news is really bad for UConn. And it can remain that way. But that isn't a given.

Ten years from now UConn fans might be in a much better position than fans from other universities or conferences that appear in great shape today. Or things may remain bad athletically for UConn. The point is no one knows how the future will play out. If people need to jump off the cliff over this lack of invite, they certainly can in my playbook. I'm just not going to join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom