Renee Montgomery Joins Sue and KML in Seattle | The Boneyard

Renee Montgomery Joins Sue and KML in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Renee Montgomery Comments on Her Move

"After last season was over, you never really know what will happen next. I was prepared either way. I was ready to come back, but I was prepared if that wasn't going to be the case, too."

With the pick the Storm received in the Montgomery deal, they selected another UConn All-American, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, the NCAA's all-time three-point producer. And when training camp starts in three weeks, Montgomery, Mosqueda-Lewis and Sue Bird will form a core of former Huskies that will try to help Seattle rebuild.

For more: [LINK HERE] or [HERE] from John A.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Renee Montgomery Comments on Her Move

"After last season was over, you never really know what will happen next. I was prepared either way. I was ready to come back, but I was prepared if that wasn't going to be the case, too."

With the pick the Storm received in the Montgomery deal, they selected another UConn All-American, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, the NCAA's all-time three-point producer. And when training camp starts in three weeks, Montgomery, Mosqueda-Lewis and Sue Bird will form a core of former Huskies that will try to help Seattle rebuild.

For more: [LINK HERE] or [HERE] from John A.
Rene was one of my Favorites at Uconn I loved her driving to the side of the basket and scoring--Gabby does that well too. Rene developed a nifty 3 shot and became a clutch player. Nice that she will take Kaleena under her wing. Also nice how she gave credits to Kara Lawson and respect to Sue Bird. One thing that made the Sun Franchise successful was Uconn grads--what idiot decided that was a wrong approach??
JAVAMAN--again thanks for great stuff. Abt John A, is this his new gig or is this associated with the Courant???

Reaction Score
Abt John A, is this his new gig or is this associated with the Courant???
Not sure, but he has not left the Courant. This article appears on both. I think others of his do also.

Reaction Score
Rene was one of my Favorites at Uconn I loved her driving to the side of the basket and scoring--Gabby does that well too. Rene developed a nifty 3 shot and became a clutch player. Nice that she will take Kaleena under her wing. Also nice how she gave credits to Kara Lawson and respect to Sue Bird. One thing that made the Sun Franchise successful was Uconn grads--what idiot decided that was a wrong approach??
JAVAMAN--again thanks for great stuff. Abt John A, is this his new gig or is this associated with the Courant???
I remember her for her pull up jumper like Bria's.
Who's going to bring that back?

Reaction Score
I remember her for her pull up jumper like Bria's.
Who's going to bring that back?

No offense to Nurse and Collier (and they have 3 and 4 years respectively to prove me wrong), but the mid-range pull-up jumper of Montgomery (particularly) and Hartley were in another league. Especially in transition, going a million miles-an-hour. Man, if Jefferson could ever develop or utilize that shot, she would be (even more) unstoppable. I think the closest you are going to see to the Montgomery pull-up jumper in any UConn game this season will be USF's Courtney Williams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No offense to Nurse and Collier (and they have 3 and 4 years respectively to prove me wrong), but the mid-range pull-up jumper of Montgomery (particularly) and Hartley were in another league. Especially in transition, going a million miles-an-hour. Man, if Jefferson could ever develop or utilize that shot, she would be (even more) unstoppable. I think the closest you are going to see to the Montgomery pull-up jumper in any UConn game this season will be USF's Courtney Williams.

The pull-up jumper of both Montgomery and Hartley are beautiful shots. Too few women's players possess that shot these days and if more developed it they would make themselves much better players. But many of these girls are so good at getting to the rim in high school that they don't work on a shot that they don't need to use until they get to college.

Reaction Score
Bird at the buzzer!Great pullup also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34