Remember the Lubbock Christian Lady Chaps? | The Boneyard

Remember the Lubbock Christian Lady Chaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The feel-good story that was the first exhibition game last fall when Lubbock Christian came to Hartford? If not, then revisit this video they produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-FOPj-aZQ

Well, the Lady Chaps are now 32-0 and ranked #1 in Division 2. They will play Florida Southern in the Elite 8 next Tuesday/Wednesday in Sioux Falls, the winner to face the Alaska-Anchorage-Frances Marion winner for the right to play for the title in Indianapolis, April 4 at 3:00 pm.

Wouldn’t it be nice for them to make it to Indy and have the Huskies pay a visit to the team before their game to wish them well? After all, something about Uconn must have rubbed off on them while they were in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Really liked this team from their stop here and see no reason to change that now. Green Bay reminds me a little of them in that they are really excited, honored to be on the same floor with Tennessee.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
assuming that the Huskies will make it to Indy.
Are you asking about the men? I'm not sure that they will be in Indy to wish the women's team well. We will see if the men make the trip, though...

Reaction Score
The feel-good story that was the first exhibition game last fall when Lubbock Christian came to Hartford? If not, then revisit this video they produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-FOPj-aZQ

Well, the Lady Chaps are now 32-0 and ranked #1 in Division 2. They will play Florida Southern in the Elite 8 next Tuesday/Wednesday in Sioux Falls, the winner to face the Alaska-Anchorage-Frances Marion winner for the right to play for the title in Indianapolis, April 4 at 3:00 pm.

Wouldn’t it be nice for them to make it to Indy and have the Huskies pay a visit to the team before their game to wish them well? After all, something about Uconn must have rubbed off on them while they were in Hartford.
Great post, I especially like 0:39 in saying UConn is the face of women's basketball. A writer from SC thinks it should be their coach, LOL. Also @ 4:29 a couple of their players posing with Stewie, Mo & Geno, what a show of respect from both sides. Welcome dcdon nice way to bring your other foot in the door. :D

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
I'm thrilled for them. I'm very likely the only UConn fan and Connecticut resident who's also an LCU graduate married to a UConn graduate. I could be celebrating 2 national championships if all goes well.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And didn't Geno stop by recently during a recruiting trip?
The visit that got publicized was I think in Georgia to a team I don't think we have ever played.

Reaction Score
What a sweet piece. My eyes were misty watching this video. If only all of college athletics could be this pure,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom