Remember Springfield's Bilquis-Abdul Qaadir...lil' Ali? | The Boneyard

Remember Springfield's Bilquis-Abdul Qaadir...lil' Ali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rf-muslim-rules-bilqis-abdul-qaadir/29605587/

I hope the link takes you to an article in USAToday...Monday edition. There is a lengthy article about lil' Ali and her hopes to play pro ball...it may not work out due to her headgear. She is from Springfield and I got to see her play once....a version of Lorin Dixon perhaps. She broke Lobo's career scoring record in Ma....went to memphis...transferred to Indiana State. Very smart young lady.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I looked her up recently... was curious to know what she was up these days

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rf-muslim-rules-bilqis-abdul-qaadir/29605587/

I hope the link takes you to an article in USAToday...Monday edition. There is a lengthy article about lil' Ali and her hopes to play pro ball...it may not work out due to her headgear. She is from Springfield and I got to see her play once....a version of Lorin Dixon perhaps. She broke Lobo's career scoring record in Ma....went to memphis...transferred to Indiana State. Very smart young lady.
Just saw that when I picked up a USA Today at lunch. I remember her name from when she played at Sabis, I believe.

HGN

Reaction Score
Very unfortunate............But I think if FIBA and the other professional leagues ( WNBA, NBA, etc.) opens the door just a crack , even for religious reasons, you will start to see guys and gals with scull caps; hoodies , tams , etc.... Just for the hell of it. People are just like that. Radicals. The old , give'em and inch and they will take a mile. And I think that is part of the reason the league made the decision it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom