Remember Norwich Free Academy RB Marcus Outlow? | The Boneyard

Remember Norwich Free Academy RB Marcus Outlow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry - couldn't resist title.

BCgenius 2:36pm via Twitter for iPhone
Marcus Outlow to transfer from Boston College, saying "I wasn't given an opportunity"

http://www.bceagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4115

HIGH SCHOOL
Earned All-America and first-team All-Eastern Connecticut Conference Large as well as Connecticut High School Coaches Association All-State honors after he rushed for 1,546 yards and 26 touchdowns as a senior in 2013... garnered All-State honors three times as well as the National Underclassmen Combine (NUC) Overall MVP three times ... accumulated 1,483 yards and 15 touchdowns as a junior in 2012 ... ranked the No. 1 recruit in Connecticut by ESPN ... also excelled on the basketball court, earning Class LL first-team all-state honors after averaging 17.6 points per game as a senior.

Same class year as Newsome and Erv Phillips (Cuse RB). Had a UConn offer but we were only going to get one of the 3.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Marcus Outlow to transfer from Boston College, saying "I wasn't given an opportunity"

HIGH SCHOOL
Earned All-America and first-team All-Eastern Connecticut Conference Large as well as Connecticut High School Coaches Association All-State honors after he rushed for 1,546 yards and 26 touchdowns as a senior in 2013... garnered All-State honors three times as well as the National Underclassmen Combine (NUC) Overall MVP three times ... accumulated 1,483 yards and 15 touchdowns as a junior in 2012 ... ranked the No. 1 recruit in Connecticut by ESPN ... also excelled on the basketball court, earning Class LL first-team all-state honors after averaging 17.6 points per game as a senior.

Same class year as Newsome and Erv Phillips (Cuse RB).
Come on home and sit of the year and get in the next grad class?

Reaction Score
I hope things work out for him where ever he decides to continue his education.

Reaction Score
I remember people proclaiming he was better than Newsome. Meanwhile people whose opinion I trusted told me they personally doubted his toughness to be a RB in college.

Best of luck to him. Doesn't feel he got a chance....hmm Addazio taking care of them CT kids.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would welcome him back home with open arms!

Reaction Score

HIGH SCHOOL

Same class year as Newsome and Erv Phillips (Cuse RB). Had a UConn offer but we were only going to get one of the 3.

Think he'd be a good fit here, no?

Reaction Score
BC lost 3 players today, sounds like a mutiny...All the young dudes, carry the news...

Jordin Gowins, Sherman Alston also announce transfers

Reaction Score
BC lost 3 players today, sounds like a mutiny...All the young dudes, carry the news...

Jordin Gowins, Sherman Alston also announce transfers
Sherman Alston had a GREAT game vs USC last yr...extremely fast..suffered a soph slump. Also returns kicks and punts. NYC kid from Harlem. Gowins is from LI and played as a true Freshman...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
every kid gets a chance, what they do with it is up to them

Reaction Score
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20151130/SPORTS/151139944

See page 2.

>> Outlow spoke with his family and it was agreed that there were probably greener pastures. The communications major will finish out the semester at Boston College and get back into the recruiting fray.“I’m back on the market,” Outlow said. “I’m not sure where I’m going. I just want to go to a program that will give me my best shot at pursuing my dream and fulfilling my goals.”

Because of his closeness to his family, Outlow said he hopes he can remain in New England. His sister, Cebria, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Central Connecticut State University and play basketball for the Blue Devils.

If he signs with a Division-I program, he will have to sit out for a year because of transfer rules. For Outlow, that may not be a bad thing.“I played as a true freshman, lots of guys don’t and I didn’t have a chance to sit down and really dissect the playbook, really go into detail, improve my body and focus on my academics. Plus, it will give me an extra year in school, so that’s where I’m leaning,” he said.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20151130/SPORTS/151139944

See page 2.

>> Outlow spoke with his family and it was agreed that there were probably greener pastures. The communications major will finish out the semester at Boston College and get back into the recruiting fray.“I’m back on the market,” Outlow said. “I’m not sure where I’m going. I just want to go to a program that will give me my best shot at pursuing my dream and fulfilling my goals.”

Because of his closeness to his family, Outlow said he hopes he can remain in New England. His sister, Cebria, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Central Connecticut State University and play basketball for the Blue Devils.

If he signs with a Division-I program, he will have to sit out for a year because of transfer rules. For Outlow, that may not be a bad thing.“I played as a true freshman, lots of guys don’t and I didn’t have a chance to sit down and really dissect the playbook, really go into detail, improve my body and focus on my academics. Plus, it will give me an extra year in school, so that’s where I’m leaning,” he said.<<

The stats and his story seem to be pretty consistent. I don't necessarily see his disappointment and wanting to play as a disqualifier. It would be one thing if the offense did well and was loaded at the position. I don't know the personnel well enough to comment but further evaluation might be worthwhile.

Reaction Score
If there are no reports of him getting in trouble off the field and his academics are in order why do we care if he thinks he didn't get a fair deal?

If he accepts that nothing is guaranteed and he wants the chance to earn some carries, you give him a scholarship and hope for the best.

He wants to sit a year to focus on the playbook, academics, and working out.

Sign him up.

Reaction Score
I'd take Alston today just to return punts. On Outaw they would have to look at film and decide if he can help.

that having been said, I doubt BC is releasing any transfers to play for us now that we are playing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom