Remaining Games | The Boneyard

Remaining Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
are pretty much against higher scoring offenses. Pitt put up 40, USF 36, and Louisville / Cincy both have high flying offenses.

Unfortunately, I just don't see UConn being able to score enough points to stay in these games.

Hoping I'm wrong and the Huskies come out hitting on all cylinders next weekend. (which would be a first this year)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't see the problem. If we play fabulous defense, get a tremendous effort from the kicking game and the offense is complimentary to this we have the best chance of winning.

Reaction Score
I don't see the problem. If we play fabulous defense, get a tremendous effort from the kicking game and the offense is complimentary to this we have the best chance of winning.

ooooohhhhh...i see what you did there ;)

Reaction Score

This is the post of the year.

Reaction Score

I just hope the other defenses stop running around all over the place and making tackles. That would be nice.

Reaction Score
There are many teams that do successfully run it up the middle. We need to just make our blocks

I get the sarcasm and obviously balanced offenses tend to be the most successful. But, what many here fail to realize is that you do need to be able to run the football to keep defenses honest, just as you need to pass the football to keep them honest against the run. The Cuse DEs teed off against us because they felt (or knew) that they did not have to hold the edge against the run. They feared nothing of our running game - no speed to get outside or break a long run and no power inside. That's fully out their now and we can expect more of the same the rest of the way. Whitmer won't be in one piece by the end of the season if we don't find a way to run the ball again.

I am very surprised that we are getting solid QB play and have an excellent defense (except for the group impersonating our guys at Syracuse) and we are 3-5. To me it is an absolute indictment of this staff that a program that has been very successful running the football for a decade is now near the bottom of the country in that statistic. GDL is trying to make this rocket science. It would really help if he realized he's a duck'n footbal coach. P has to fix this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom