Recruits, 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Look at the game BYU gave us! Also, A&M gave us a Gd game w6'5" post presence.
A & M has all their young talent back with a 6'7" soph post next yr. they r a team to watch also!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do not see any "imperatives" or "must haves" here ... the interactive concoction of ingredients all the women possess will be simmered and boiled by Geno and the coaches into a unique mix that will be unique only to itself ... and yet ... rival all those of the past ... the cup is already full even if more should be added to it - the cup will change its shape to accommodate the new contents ... no worry at all here ...

FOLL: at once profound, and yet strangely mouth-watering. Time for a snack.

Reaction Score
Using some of the straight forward grade school math employed on a different thread, the answer at this point to the question posed by this thread is: HALF EMPTY. One recruit for us and one for the other guys, with the temporal trend flowing against us tilting things toward half-empty.
(More seriously, am not liking the fact that the other two Easter visitors have not committed despite their happy tweets, quotes by parents, whatever. What else do they have to know? And what reservations could they have? )
By the way, I do think that Gorecki was probably thinking she might not be able to crack the line-up here....not sour grapes......just that she was the lowest rated of the visiting group and knows who is already on board.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Using some of the straight forward grade school math employed on a different thread, the answer at this point to the question posed by this thread is: HALF EMPTY. One recruit for us and one for the other guys, with the temporal trend flowing against us tilting things toward half-empty.
(More seriously, am not liking the fact that the other two Easter visitors have not committed despite their happy tweets, quotes by parents, whatever. What else do they have to know? And what reservations could they have? )
By the way, I do think that Gorecki was probably thinking she might not be able to crack the line-up here....not sour grapes.just that she was the lowest rated of the visiting group and knows who is already on board.
That is a definite possibility. we have 3 top recruits/guards and a wing coming in----we have a much better shot at bigs, power forwards and possible posts for sure. that is probably or possibly why she went elsewhere- much of this is just the nature of timing and what other prior recruits have decided, injuries and needs.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Is the glass half empty, half full, just starting to fill, or otherwise? Your take and why????

How big is the glass? Is it a shot glass, brandy snifter, or banquet gobler.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's full. It's not only full, it's overflowing.

It's overflowing so much, my shoes are saturated.

I don't need a reason why. It just is.

From your overly optimistic friend, DD.

Reaction Score

ADE: aaaahhhhhh......wonderful new dimension, and provocative for sure. And it also triggers a very precious memory. In her last years, my mom came to live with us. She was legally blind from macular degeneration, and had broken both shoulders in a fall. Her physician said we should only give her one shot a night of her "martini." When I'd bring it to her, with my own substantial Manhattan in hand, she would look out thru her peripheral vision and say, "How come I only get a thimble and you get a tankard?" So, I'd say, pick whatever container works for you.

Reaction Score
It's full. It's not only full, it's overflowing.

It's overflowing so much, my shoes are saturated.

I don't need a reason why. It just is.

From your overly optimistic friend, DD.

DOG: you are much too modest, Sir. You are not only optimistic and a friend, but connected/informed as well! You just added an ounce or two to my glass, and I thank you.

Reaction Score

ADE: tried to respond to your keen post earlier, but seem to have pushed some wrong buttons in the attempt. Here is my next try:
Your provocative/philosophical query brought to mind a very personal recollection for me. My mom, who was legally blind from macular degeneration, moved in with us after falling and breaking both shoulders. Her physician said we should limit her to a "one shot" martini at our evening cocktail time. Mom still had some peripheral vision, and when I'd bring her drink to her, with my hefty Manhattan in my other hand, she would say: "How come I only get a thimble and you get a tankard?"

In her memory and in her honor, I'll answer your good question in this fashion: The glass is a tankard. Can we fill it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom