Recruiting Spotlight: Xavier Rathan Mayes | The Boneyard

Recruiting Spotlight: Xavier Rathan Mayes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy again.

Recruiting Spotlight: Xavier Rathan Mayes

Another rousing endorsement of Kevin Ollie.

Due to a busy summer schedule that has taken him from Brazil to Chicago to Los Angeles — he’s visiting UCLA on Friday — Rathan Mayes won’t trim his list until the end of summer. He has no official favorites today, with the exception of UConn assistant Kevin Ollie, who drew the grandest of reviews from the rising senior.

“He’s just a great guy,” Rathan Mayes said. “He cares about the program and stuff, but he cares about you as a person. That’s a really good feeling for me and my family. He’s just a great guy at heart, somebody that I can talk to about basketball, but things off the court, my personal life, and that’s special to be able to have that with the coach of a school…There’s not too many like coach Ollie.”

Rathan Mayes continued: “If (Ollie) became the head coach, that would be really special, just seeing the relationship that we have together. I think it would impact (my decision) a little bit more if he was the head coach.”

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Duffy is the man.

“If (Ollie) became the head coach, that would be really special, just seeing the relationship that we have together. I think it would impact (my decision) a little bit more if he was the head coach.”

Wow... that's BIG to hear from the 21st ranked player in the class. Especially with the list of other school recruiting him. Nothing but good things about Ollie. Great to hear. Wonder if Herbst/Warde are listening to things like this.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
By the way, that cross-over in the article was disgusting

Reaction Score
I just noticed that RayRay19 had posted this earlier today. I looked and didn't see it when I went to post it. I hate double posts but since people already commented here I'll leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom