Recruiting Name - Kyla Irwin State College Pa. | The Boneyard

Recruiting Name - Kyla Irwin State College Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"Penn State, Pittsburgh, St. Joseph’s, St. John’s, George Washington, DePaul and Michigan"

To be honest, that's not that impressive of a list of other schools (for a UConn recruit). But Geno knows talent so I'm sure she's a good player.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Okay, IceBear, where should Kyla accept a scholarship with? :)

Reaction Score
What ever happened to the women's recruiting site?

Reaction Score
What ever happened to the women's recruiting site?

SON: ditto. I miss that as well and have been wondering about it. The hey day was when it also showed picture of all the kids who had committed so we could begin to recognize them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
SON: ditto. I miss that as well and have been wondering about it. The hey day was when it also showed picture of all the kids who had committed so we could begin to recognize them.
Like this?

10302419.jpeg
Ekmark.jpg

Accept being able to size them. :confused:

Reaction Score
MEYER: VERY nice of you to gather and send those (and like I said elsewhere, l.l. these kids could win a Miss America pageant along with a bunch of ball games). Appreciated the pix; sometimes I think I love you. :eek::)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some evaluations from Blue Star:

There seems to be a new wave of big, strong and physical post players on the way. One of the young standouts fitting that build in Hershey was Kyla Irwin of the Blue Thunder. She’s solid and plays an aggressive game at 6-1. There’s no hesitancy about putting to work her physical tools and the State College, Pa. native is offering up some play that’s going to impress more college coaches than the ones already aware of her potential. In addition to being effective down low she’s got some ballhandling in place and one of the best outlet passes in club or high school basketball. Not many players still throw the baseball pass but Irwin will pull a defensive board and throw it to halfcourt on a line that triggers a fast break that’s a challenge to contain. Obviously at her age there’s plenty to work on but this is someone to keep a close watch on the next several years.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/268-unrwapping-hershey

Kyla Irwin – 2016 – 6-1 – Forward – Central Pa. Elite – Lemont, Pa. – Has been on the map for some time and proves her elite status by the continual refinement of her game. Beyond the skills and tools we’ve written of before you have to take notice of her work ethic and approach. Go a step further and watch her on the bench and you know that all the intangibles are in place to go with a text book skill set. Reads defenders on the catch and makes good choices in her attack or passing decisions. She appears physically stronger these days and is more than willing to put it to use defensively and on the boards. Hard to imagine but Irwin is an elite player showing an even greater upside.

http://www.bluestarmedia.us/index.php/component/k2/item/927-usjn-washington-dc

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"Penn State, Pittsburgh, St. Joseph’s, St. John’s, George Washington, DePaul and Michigan"

To be honest, that's not that impressive of a list of other schools (for a UConn recruit). But Geno knows talent so I'm sure she's a good player.
I tend to agree with you. Wow. This one is really surprising to me. But the staff must have really liked what they saw in her - and given that she has an amazing work ethic and a ton of intangibles, good for UCONN and welcome aboard Kyla!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I see that the recent reports indicate she has improved her strength. When I saw her her got pushed around a good bit.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Obviously UConn was on her list somewhere and nothing is more impressive than that.

NOTHING!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Doug giving her a vote of confidence is also a positive - he may not get the top echelon of talent, but he recruits smart players.
Sounds like Uconn was her dream and for someone who wants to be a coach I can't imagine a better tutorial than 4 years working with Geno.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan explained last week that she is just entirely too busy with her full-time job and her HS senior son's band activities, among other things, to maintain the site at this time. Maybe someone with time and some skills could, not take over that site, but maybe start another similar site. Would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom