Recruit Boykin has 'narrowed' her list... | The Boneyard

Recruit Boykin has 'narrowed' her list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's the 6'2" forward from Maryland. She should be at the very very top of UCONN's wish list as size is desperately needed...

As a side note, 16 of the top 60 have already verbaled with Texas and North Carolina getting early verbals from 2 top players each. There are a bunch of forwards 6'2" and above in the top 20 and I hope the staff is looking at all (or at least most) of them...!

Reaction Score
She reminds me of Harper kid that ended up at MD.........Why does any kid want to list 14 plus schools?..........3 to 5 MAX.........

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
She reminds me of Harper kid that ended up at MD.........Why does any kid want to list 14 plus schools?..........3 to 5 MAX.........

Many non athletes have undergrad application lists of 7-10, or more...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I've wondered that too. Maybe this is about the recruit and her family trying to limit the contacts from the numerous schools that have been recruiting her. If you think of it that way, it makes sense. She can now focus (and hear from) this list of schools and reduce her list later on.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This approach makes perfectly good sense, presuming that she somehow conveys to the many (perhaps dozens) other schools, er, programs that have contacted her that there is no longer any interest in them by her.

Her next step will likely and logically to whittle this list of 14 down further, eventually to 5. Then plan 5 official visits and go from there.

Seems to me that she and her parents and coaches are taking a wise approach to what could become a nightmare experience.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll try to go watch De'Janae this winter. She's about 30-40 minutes away.

She'd be a great player for UConn. Geno could name a sandwich the De'Janaese. :)

Reaction Score
This approach makes perfectly good sense, presuming that she somehow conveys to the many (perhaps dozens) other schools, er, programs that have contacted her that there is no longer any interest in them by her.

Her next step will likely and logically to whittle this list of 14 down further, eventually to 5. Then plan 5 official visits and go from there.

Seems to me that she and her parents and coaches are taking a wise approach to what could become a nightmare experience.
The new recruiting rules allowed high school juniors to start receiving all types of communications from college coaches and home visits and she is a top 10 player(Staff says top 3), so she is being recruited by everyone receiving calls from 30-40 schools it can be overwhelming and time consuming, so I get the cut it down to 14 list to cut down on the calls etc.

She is at the very top of our list.

Reaction Score
She's the 6'2" forward from Maryland. She should be at the very very top of UCONN's wish list as size is desperately needed...

As a side note, 16 of the top 60 have already verbaled with Texas and North Carolina getting early verbals from 2 top players each. There are a bunch of forwards 6'2" and above in the top 20 and I hope the staff is looking at all (or at least most) of them...!
I heard she's 6'4" now.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised for her to stay within a few hours drive of her home. She seems like she is very family oriented.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised for her to stay within a few hours drive of her home. She seems like she is very family oriented.

So was Diana (family oriented). And Kaleena. And Maya. And Moriah.

Reaction Score
If she wants to play in front of family and friends she should go to play for MD. If she wants to be the best basketball player she can be than she should come to UConn (and have her family and friends be able to see all of her games either on TV/Internet or in person)!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
After ABreanna Stewart had 10 schools listed and then very quickly turned around and committed to UConn, I'm never worried about the number of schools being considered. I am, however, concerned that not everyone realizes how good at developing talent UConn is, or if kids like Diamond DeShields truly realize that UConn isn't necessarily THE best place to have all the experiences you dream of having in WCBB. It really is that simple.

Reaction Score
Basically all the kids that choose UConn say the same thing, that they believe that it's the place that will allow them to maximize their potential as basketball players and the results are shown clearly that if you come to UConn, work hard, play smart and have fun really good things happen to both player and team. This season to see the improvement year to year of Dolson or the wakeup performances of Kiah, the maturation of Jeffesrson and Banks, the multi facet game of Stewie, the leadership of Bria, the fear free show of skills by Chong and on and on is nothing but an amazing testament to the what the best coaching staff in WBB does!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So was Diana (family oriented). And Kaleena. And Maya. And Moriah.
But did any of those players switch their high school to be there for their blind brother and help him adjust?

I'm just saying distance may be a big factor as made apparent by her list of schools. The furthest school being U of Miami, which is in the ACC, and a lot of games would be played up the east coast.

Uconn is only 5 hours from where she is from anyways. That could be close enough for her.

Reaction Score
But did any of those players switch their high school to be there for their blind brother and help him adjust?

I'm just saying distance may be a big factor as made apparent by her list of schools. The furthest school being U of Miami, which is in the ACC, and a lot of games would be played up the east coast.

Uconn is only 5 hours from where she is from anyways. That could be close enough for her.
Brother is legally blind not totally blind, we very much in the mix, I'm hearing list will be trimmed down after high school season

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Brother is legally blind not totally blind, we very much in the mix, I'm hearing list will be trimmed down after high school season

I mean blind is blind. He could still qualify for a seeing eye dog so he's blind. I was never saying Uconn was out of the mix...I was merely stating an observation. As I've stated Uconn is only 5 hours away. That is an easy drive for the family.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have the same dilemma regarding Italian food.

I think that if the whole world ate nothing but Italian food, world peace would be at hand. Happy food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom