Rebecca On Geno's Show Tonight (WTIC @6pm) | The Boneyard

Rebecca On Geno's Show Tonight (WTIC @6pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Have any of you ever been to a taping? Tonight, due to scheduling, may be the only time I ever get to go, and it is a 2.5 hour trek. Thoughts on whether it is worth it? Is it mobbed with people? I suppose the motivation is a photo opp, but it would be cool. Much obliged for any opinions.

Reaction Score
Geno's last show on WTIC1080 was listed and cancelled for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
bschwartz - I wish I could go to one of his shows. Have fun!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Those of us in the wilderness need detailed re-caps please! Should be some pointed barbs flung back and forth. Rebecca is a worthy opponent for Geno.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Is this the streaming with these two guys talking? Does bob come on during this?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Okay, it's 7:05 as I write this.... So where's the comprehensive re-cap??????????

Reaction Score
Heard bits and pieces-

- Geno predicted this years Duke game will not be like the past ones, he'd put money on it in Vegas. Says they have 4-5 seniors who have been killed by UConn their whole careers and have got to be sick of it. Thinks Liston is a key to their team.

- Rebecca was at practice, Stewart was forced to do a defensive drill over and over again and it reminded Rebecca of her time in practice when she was forced to do the same thing.

- Rebecca saw Notre Dame up close and was surprised at how good they still are. No drop off from Diggins. May be better with Loyd being the focus of offense.

- KML met with a doctor yesterday and things are looking good. She could be cleared to start shooting sometime next week.

- Tuck is doing good and wants to get back on the court bad. She is progressing well.

- With both injured players Geno says we have the benefit of time. "The NCAA tournament doesn't start next week"

- Why are we playing UC Davis? It's located in wine country!

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
- With both injured players Geno says we have the benefit of time. "The NCAA tournament doesn't start next week" :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was cooking while listening so I'll go by memory:

Geno says:
  • There was a lot of standing around in the Ohio State game and part of that was OSU doing a lot of dribbling and slowing the game down. Things changed when they were able to get out in transition.
  • Geno raved about the play of Briana Banks and how she has taken advantage of the opportunity to play more (and start) with the injuries. He thought she passed up some open shots on Sunday. He wants her to continue to be more aggressive and to attack (he's willing to live with mistakes as long as she is aggressive).
  • Geno thinks Stef is the best center in the country, although he hears from other parts of the country that there are better centers (no names mentioned). He doesn't think any center is as skilled at as many things as Stef.
  • KML saw a Dr on Monday and the report was "great." She will be starting individual workouts next week. Morgan claims she's ready to start playing, but Rosie and the Drs say not yet. It sounded to me like Morgan will return sooner than KML, but KML won't be far behind.
  • Geno says he'll put money on Duke playing completely different game than last year because of the 5 seniors. Rebecca chimed in and said a lot will depend on whether Duke can get out in transition. She says Duke tends to be predictable in its half-court offense. She thinks key will be whether Duke can force UConn to miss shots and get out in transition.
  • Geno made Stewie do a defensive drill over and over again; Rebecca laughed as it brought back memories. Geno said he's trying to get Breanna to play better defense, move her feet and stop fouling.
  • After last night's win by the UConn men, Rebecca asked Stewie, Stef and Bria about who they would want taking the last shot. Stewie and Stef named several players; Bria said "me."

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
After last night's win by the UConn men, Rebecca asked Stewie, Stef and Bria about who they would want taking the last shot. Stewie and Stef named several players; Bria said "me."

That's pretty telling... Good for her!

Reaction Score
After last night's win by the UConn men, Rebecca asked Stewie, Stef and Bria about who they would want taking the last shot. Stewie and Stef named several players; Bria said "me."
LOL that's so like Bria.

Reaction Score
Geno is priming the Duke pump that they have 5 seniors and too much experience for his your depleted team this season........Sit back and enjoy the PR job of Geno coming soon.

Liston is 1 of the keys......UCONN team pressure will spell trouble for DUKE...Mark it down...and The UCONN across the Jersey

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Sounds like WE'RE DOOOOOOMED!!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
bschwartz - I wish I could go to one of his shows. Have fun!

I was working then realized it was 3:30. By then it was too late to get there on time. Maybe some day. When it rains, I can some times pick up WTIC in my car from here...but not today.

Very much appreciate the recaps. Thank you!

Reaction Score
LOL that's so like Bria.
Great NBA analyst Hubie Brown always says there's a lot of players willing to take the last shot but not many willing to deal with the consequences of missing the shot. Bria has no fear.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I love Bria... and so does Geno, very similiar to Renee

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Rebecca made an interesting comment about the Duke game. She said they have an excellent transition offense -- much better than anyone UConn has played thus far. If UConn can control that and make it a half-court game, UConn will win (in her mind) without too much trouble, because Duke's half-court offense is very basic. But if Duke can get its transition game going, the game will be close.

Geno heard this and didn't specifically disagree, although he had previously expressed his conviction that the game will be more competitive than in previous years.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Rebecca made an interesting comment about the Duke game. She said they have an excellent transition offense -- much better than anyone UConn has played thus far. If UConn can control that and make it a half-court game, UConn will win (in her mind) without too much trouble, because Duke's half-court offense is very basic. But if Duke can get its transition game going, the game will be close.

Geno heard this and didn't specifically disagree, although he had previously expressed his conviction that the game will be more competitive than in previous years.
The past several years IMO Duke and Kentucky have had the same weakness. If they can't run and score off transition and are forced to play 1/2 court offense they're toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom