Rebecca Lobo On Her Childhood, Her Mother, and WBB | The Boneyard

Rebecca Lobo On Her Childhood, Her Mother, and WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lobo, the daughter of two teachers, recalled during her speech being told by her fifth grade that her teacher that she was not dressing or acting enough "like a girl." She had a tendency to wear jeans and sneakers and playing sports with the boys at recess.

Upon hearing about the exchange, Lobo's mother, RuthAnn, took her directly back to the school and gave the principal a piece of her mind. Lobo said her mother's reaction sent her a power message at the age of 10.

[LINK] to article titled: Lobo encourages female athletes to dream at BU luncheon

Reaction Score
Lobo, the daughter of two teachers, recalled during her speech being told by her fifth grade that her teacher that she was not dressing or acting enough "like a girl." She had a tendency to wear jeans and sneakers and playing sports with the boys at recess.

Upon hearing about the exchange, Lobo's mother, RuthAnn, took her directly back to the school and gave the principal a piece of her mind. Lobo said her mother's reaction sent her a power message at the age of 10.

[LINK] to article titled: Lobo encourages female athletes to dream at BU luncheon
Rebecca Lobo's mother was an old fashioned mother--like my wife. My daughter was caught eating a cat food packet, she was new to the school and making a statement in 2nd grade (Arkansas). Wife got a call about this "issue" and asked the teacher the salient question: Will it hurt her? Answer: No! Wifes retort: " I guess lunches at school aren't very good if she has to eat cat food!!"

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo's mother was an old fashioned mother--like my wife. My daughter was caught eating a cat food packet, she was new to the school and making a statement in 2nd grade (Arkansas). Wife got a call about this "issue" and asked the teacher the salient question: Will it hurt her? Answer: No! Wifes retort: " I guess lunches at school aren't very good if she has to eat cat food!!"

I was lamenting to my parents that I couldn't keep the baby (now 38) out of the dog food, and was wondering if it would harm him, and my father said"Are you kidding? Put him in a commercial 'My kid thrives of Gainesburgers'". They'll pay you a fortune!

Reaction Score
I was lamenting to my parents that I couldn't keep the baby (now 38) out of the dog food, and was wondering if it would harm him, and my father said"Are you kidding? Put him in a commercial 'My kid thrives of Gainesburgers'". They'll pay you a fortune!
He and my wife must have gone to the same --if it won't hurt them school, I like your
Dad, he's intelligent, common sense, makes chocolate pudding out of what other may make a huge issue. Thanks.

Reaction Score
RuthAnn Lobo was one of the most important recruits in UConn WCBB history.
Oh God Bless you for that--that's a positive way of looking at Ruth Ann Lobo--I bet Rebecca loves it to -- you know Rebecca didn't lose her mother she is with her in her head and in her heart--always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom