RB Joe Williams reporting to campus next week | The Boneyard

RB Joe Williams reporting to campus next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry if old news... Williams is a 5'11, 190 lb RB. article

Williams, who finished his senior year with 1,234 yards rushing, then went on to win the 100 and 200-meter sprints at the Lehigh Valley Conference track championships last spring.
But Williams vanished from sight for a while, spending this past fall at Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia where said he worked on his grades and honed his football skills.
Now Williams is set to fulfill his dream and become a Division I student-athlete. He has accepted a full scholarship from the University of Connecticut and will report to the campus in Storrs next week.
Williams said he was recruited by several other schools, including Clemson, Temple and Oregon, but UConn was always his favorite.

Reaction Score
This is awesome. I think this kid will be a huge addition to the back field next year. Has home run type straight away speed, and pretty good size. Could make for a nice 1-2 punch in the backfield. Also excited to see what Foxx (heard he's got 4.4 speed as well) and DeLorenzo can add as well.

Reaction Score
I heard from some of max delorezo's old coaches that he's afraid to get hit,Williams on the other hand with a little more beef could be like shoemate, less the fumbles.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good news !

I heard from some of max delorezo's old coaches that he's afraid to get hit,Williams on the other hand with a little more beef could be like shoemate, less the fumbles.

i like the juco add for depth and hopefully he has a good 3 years here. no reason to down max no matter what you heard..

Reaction Score
Williams said he was recruited by several other schools, including Clemson, Temple and Oregon, but UConn was always his favorite.

Love quotes like that! Welcome Joe, hope to see you around campus!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Williams will receive a full scholarship and said he believes he will have a chance to compete right away for a starting position. Lyle McCombs, who goes only 5-foot-8 and 172 pounds, was the team's leading rusher last season as a redshirt freshman. Two other of the team's top backs have graduated.

?

Reaction Score
Impressive that Oregon wanted him, they are always one of the best offenses in the country so they know offensive talent. This takes alot of the sting away from the loss of Dobbs for next season.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Williams will receive a full scholarship and said he believes he will have a chance to compete right away for a starting position. Lyle McCombs, who goes only 5-foot-8 and 172 pounds, was the team's leading rusher last season as a redshirt freshman. Two other of the team's top backs have graduated.

?

Jean Louis and Shoemate.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Jean Louis and Shoemate.
so shoemate didn't get the extra season from the ncaa? is that news i missed? i though this was a grad year for him and when he got hurt they planned to get a 6th year from the ncaa for the injury.

or am i having a brain fart?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Impressive that Oregon wanted him, they are always one of the best offenses in the country so they know offensive talent. This takes alot of the sting away from the loss of Dobbs for next season.
the question is did he have offers or interest

Reaction Score
good news !

i like the juco add for depth and hopefully he has a good 3 years here. no reason to down max no matter what you heard..

Williams isn't a JUCO add... He's coming from a prep school which means he'll have the same amount of eligibility as a kid coming out of high school...( 4 to play 5 )

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Williams isn't a JUCO add... He's coming from a prep school which means he'll have the same amount of eligibility as a kid coming out of high school...( 4 to play 5 )
for some reason i kepp messing that up. i thunk i get fuma in my head and think juco gor some strange reason. good looks ktuck.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Cool another kid from my area on UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads