Ray Leaning Towards Playing Next Year | The Boneyard

Ray Leaning Towards Playing Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Ray Allen is leaning toward returning for 19th season and joining LeBron James with Cavaliers. (via @BostonGlobe)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought he was supposed to get his knees MRI'd before deciding what to do.

Reaction Score
I am all for this if he thinks he can still perform....is there any downside to this? He will get his minutes, no? It seems like other than LeBron whose pretty much every position they don't have a shooting guard besides Mike Miller who is kind of in the same boat as Ray....older, not as much in the tank...so if he thinks he is up for it for one more year...go for it. God Bless Ray Allen. UConn's greatest ambassador to the league.

Reaction Score
Love Ray and hope this works to. I'm in the "it's time Ray" boat quite honestly but hey, he's the only one that feels it.

Reaction Score
ray will play forever until all pro teams say no; he has bills to pay to keep all mansions & charitable endeavors flowing

it seemed when UCONN had a pivotal game ray ray shot 2-11, 3-14, 1-9 . ..

Reaction Score
I am all for this if he thinks he can still perform....is there any downside to this? He will get his minutes, no? It seems like other than LeBron whose pretty much every position they don't have a shooting guard besides Mike Miller who is kind of in the same boat as Ray....older, not as much in the tank...so if he thinks he is up for it for one more year...go for it. God Bless Ray Allen. UConn's greatest ambassador to the league.
Dion Waiters is the Cavs shooting guard, but he would definitely benefit maturity and work ethic-wise from having Ray on team as his backup/mentor.

Also Wiggins is projected as a SG, but likely plays both SF and SG depending on if LeBron is playing SF or PF. What the Cavs need most though is a competent center. Haywood is a backup and Varejo is a PF.

They sure have a glut of forwards though when you include Anthony Bennett (SF or PF?) and Tristan Thompson (PF). Someone is going to get NO playing time even if LeBron plays <35mpg which would be a dropoff for him

Reaction Score
ray will play forever until all pro teams say no; he has bills to pay to keep all mansions & charitable endeavors flowing

Your first coherent post and it's to diss a Uconn legend. You were better off when you were pretending to be special ed. Your act has grown tired, it's now time to leave.

Reaction Score

I skip your threads now but you snuck into something I looked at. Would think being and would lose some of its orgasmic value after a bit, but guess maybe not.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Your first coherent post and it's to diss a Uconn legend. You were better off when you were pretending to be special ed. Your act has grown tired, it's now time to leave.
And he's laughably wrong: 1995 Elite Eight, Rays' last game in a Huskies uniform, lead all scorers with 36.

Reaction Score

Do you ever stop drinking and shooting up?

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thought he was supposed to get his knees MRI'd before deciding what to do.
That's what I read too...MRI first. Had no idea he was having knee issues. Surgery twice on the ankles.

Reaction Score

Seriously go see doc. You're displaying several signs of legit dementia.

I assume "72" is in dude's name because that's when he graduated from college

Reaction Score
Ray didn't even play that bad against Mississippi State - kept us in it in the first half (maybe 16 points at the half). He went cold second half, but didn't get any help and MSU was able to load up their D to stop him. He also was our best guy on D - guarded Dontae Jones at the beginning and switched on to Wilson after he was killing us (Rudy just couldn't stay with him around screens). Not a legendary performance, but not a scapegoat one either.

He had some trouble with Georgetown and Boubacar Aw, who defended him better than anyone ever did, but Ray had the last laugh. Other than that, he was pretty reliable. Shooters go cold from time to time, but I remember him beating Villlanova on the road with 25 or so on a day he couldn't buy a three-pointer.

Reaction Score
Ray didn't even play that bad against Mississippi State - kept us in it in the first half (maybe 16 points at the half). He went cold second half, but didn't get any help and MSU was able to load up their D to stop him. He also was our best guy on D - guarded Dontae Jones at the beginning and switched on to Wilson after he was killing us (Rudy just couldn't stay with him around screens). Not a legendary performance, but not a scapegoat one either.

He had some trouble with Georgetown and Boubacar Aw, who defended him better than anyone ever did, but Ray had the last laugh. Other than that, he was pretty reliable. Shooters go cold from time to time, but I remember him beating Villlanova on the road with 25 or so on a day he couldn't buy a three-pointer.

Spot on Gurley on all accounts…….

THC

Reaction Score
Seriously go see doc. You're displaying several signs of legit dementia.

I assume "72" is in dude's name because that's when he graduated from college
No, it was the year he became eligible for social security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom