Ray Donovan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray Donovan

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can't get past some of the idiotic story lines - the daughter and the budding rap kid, the wife, the father who miraculously does and says the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time every time, now the movie deal...

Reaction Score
I can't get past some of the idiotic story lines - the daughter and the budding rap kid, the wife, the father who miraculously does and says the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time every time, now the movie deal...

Yeah Fishy those are definitely tough story lines and take away from the real good drama surrounding it.........Abby needs to go away quite honestly........

The good news is with his daughter in the situation, he and Mr Brown are gonna cross paths now - that should bring some fireworks!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ray Donovan's wife might be the worst character in the history of television. The second worst is his brain-damaged brother. (Bunchy, not the other brain-damaged brother.)

Reaction Score
Ray Donovan's wife might be the worst character in the history of television. The second worst is his brain-damaged brother. (Bunchy, not the other brain-damaged brother.)

Yeah Bunchy is whacked and I knew which one you meant because Marsan's character is excellent - would like to see more of him! Agree omn his wife - pitiful. A couple of BJ's to a cop and she's bringing him home?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:

I haven watched ray Donovan yet bet as a benchmark for worst character I need to ask, worse than Laura Derns character in enlightened?

She made me want to throat punch myself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am still rooting for bunchy to be the first major character to be killed off, but the story line is interesting if maybe a little too disturbing for my tastes.

Abby is crossing into Sofia Coppola in Godfather III territory of one terrible actress ruining an otherwise great movie/show. Every scene with her is awkward.

The core story line with Ray and his daughter is awesome. As for old people causing chaos in the lives of their kids and grandkids, isn't that everyone's life?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just signed up for Showtime cuz the sister in law got duped by a documentary and she is pissed cuz she looks bad. So, looking forward to seeing that plus watching all the Ray Donovans and Homeland. Plus other stuff.

Last night saw a few minutes of Ray Donovan...enough to see a botched burglary and a propane explosion.

Reaction Score
Just signed up for Showtime cuz the sister in law got duped by a documentary and she is pissed cuz she looks bad. So, looking forward to seeing that plus watching all the Ray Donovans and Homeland. Plus other stuff.

Last night saw a few minutes of Ray Donovan...enough to see a botched burglary and a propane explosion.

tell me this isn't the first episode you have ever watched of RD Dove? You can't start here - just use the On Demand and binge watch or you won't understand!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
tell me this isn't the first episode you have ever watched of RD Dove? You can't start here - just use the On Demand and binge watch or you won't understand!
That's my intent. Got Showtime last night so tuned in at that moment.

Reaction Score
That's my intent. Got Showtime last night so tuned in at that moment.

Just a heads up, the second season is much better than the first. I almost gave up on watching the first season and am now glad I didn't.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just a heads up, the second season is much better than the first. I almost gave up on watching the first season and am now glad I didn't.

That is the case with most cable shows. The first season uses all the typical gimmicks to try and hook viewers, and then the second and especially the third season really hit their stride. Game of Thrones struggled through about 4 episodes before it got going. I thought Breaking Bad was just a good show well into Season 2 before it really gets going. Mad Men started at a higher level, but didn't really hit its stride until season 2. VEEP is night and day. Mediocre first season, awesome second season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great ending to the season. I would give the show a B+, almost an A-, for the season and would have given it an A/A+ if someone else was playing Ray's wife.

Reaction Score
Great ending to the season. I would give the show a B+, almost an A-, for the season and would have given it an A/A+ if someone else was playing Ray's wife.

Agreed. Also, I hope they never bring up the Bunchy dealing with kids story line again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

She's a terrible actress playing a terrible part.

I also agree about Bunchy - they can do themselves a favor by killing him off. There is simply nothing you can do with a guy who is being played like Lennie Small. The love interest deal was laughable.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
She's a terrible actress playing a terrible part.

I also agree about Bunchy - they can do themselves a favor by killing him off. There is simply nothing you can do with a guy who is being played like Lennie Small. The love interest deal was laughable.

I actually think Ray's wife could be a pretty good part in the hands of a marginally competent actress. I thought it was pretty cool how quickly she came running back when Ray went gangster. She likes Ray being a badass. Anna Gunn played a similar role in Breaking Bad and everyone thinks she is the next Edie Falco. Malcomsen just sucks.

I think Bunchie should be killed off too, but while his storyline is horrifyingly uncomfortable to watch, it is well written.

Reaction Score
Going to be interesting to see where the show goes next season. The characters were somewhat written into corners. Ray is spent, and alienated from Avi and Ezra, his best friend and surrogate "father," Terry seems to be headed to jail, Mickey has alienated everyone and is heading ... where?

Ann Biderman, who created the show and oversaw it, is leaving. (BTW, she also did Southland which was great). So it'll be someone else's vision next year.

BTW - didn't Bunchie get a settlement of a $million or so? Where's that money? He seems to be living in the gym. Couldn't he have given Terry a few bucks?

Reaction Score
I thought the finale was great. Excited to see where things go next season. I agree there are a lot of questions but I also think we saw a LOT happen within one finale which was nice.

To answer your question about Bunchie's settlement - he used the money to buy a house which ultimately ended up burning to the ground, if you recall. I think he spent most, if not all, the money on it because I remember Ray going after the real estate agent for selling him the run down house for such a ridiculous amount of money.

Reaction Score
I thought the finale was great. Excited to see where things go next season. I agree there are a lot of questions but I also think we saw a LOT happen within one finale which was nice.

To answer your question about Bunchie's settlement - he used the money to buy a house which ultimately ended up burning to the ground, if you recall. I think he spent most, if not all, the money on it because I remember Ray going after the real estate agent for selling him the run down house for such a ridiculous amount of money.

Thanks - completely forgot about Bunchie's house fiasco.

Reaction Score
I binge watched the first season over the long weekend. I actually liked the first season.

I noticed the phone placement, but it didn't bother me. These people seem to be prisoners of their own phones.

I don't mind the annoying wife. I kike that the actors are not model physical specimens. These people are supposed to be South Boston trash, and they look and sound like it.

My only issue is that for a realist sort of show, the cops and the FBI sure do seem incompetent. They aren't Sons of Anarchy incompetent, but they seem to be pretty bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom