Ray Donovan - season 3 | The Boneyard

Ray Donovan - season 3

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great start so far. Ian McShane makes anything better, and Ray losing control is more interesting than before. The father is flirting with being too out of control to be credible, but so far he hasn't jumped the shark.

I wish there would be a plot line about how Ray's wife ran off and was never seen again. That is the one area the show needs improvement.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great start so far. Ian McShane makes anything better, and Ray losing control is more interesting than before. The father is flirting with being too out of control to be credible, but so far he hasn't jumped the shark.

I wish there would be a plot line about how Ray's wife ran off and was never seen again. That is the one area the show needs improvement.

Seconded. I can't stand that woman. And it's not a "can't stand" as in 'I don't like this character because their acting is so good they make me hate them'. Her acting sucks. The Big Dog* does a better job.

*It's a Dogo Argentino apparently. Had to look that up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

She should be in a car that catches fire and somehow parks on top of Bunchy and explodes and sends shrapnel that decapitates Mickey.

And I'm passing a rule that no character in a cable series from this day forward is allowed to drink scotch straight from the bottle.

They're depressed. We get it.

This is a great show with a couple of pure crap plot lines constantly grafted onto it like a malformed twin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She should be in a car that catches fire and somehow parks on top of Bunchy and explodes and sends shrapnel that decapitates Mickey.

And I'm passing a rule that no character in a cable series from this day forward is allowed to drink scotch straight from the bottle.

This is a great show with a couple of pure crap plot lines constantly grafted onto it like a malformed twin.

LOFL so spot on I am dying

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I am fine with Mickey, although given his behavior, the show is going to have to kill him off to have any credibility.

How can you not like Bunchy as a pimp?

I actually have no idea what the arc with Ray's wife is because all I hear is nails on chalkboard when she speaks.

Reaction Score
I am fine with Mickey, although given his behavior, the show is going to have to kill him off to have any credibility.

How can you not like Bunchy as a pimp?

I actually have no idea what the arc with Ray's wife is because all I hear is nails on chalkboard when she speaks.
She is horrific. Good lord, you're from Southie. And you've been with a professional thug for, what ? 20 years. And he has you living in Beverly Hills, effectivelly. WTF do you have to bitch about, really ?!!?!? Unreal.

I honestly cannot imagine such a person actually existing.

Reaction Score
She is a dreadful character. Pick up, leave a few bucks and the kids fend for themselves both with issues that exist? Her sister already does better with the Southie lingo than her as well as the hot little niece nope.

Bunchy is solid although at times can be annoying as hell. Not sure I'm liking the direction with Tom Cruise's ex but we'll see. Jon V is getting a little out of control from reality but somehow he makes it alright. LOL

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just finished Season 4 (I don't watch much TV during basketball season). Season 4 doesn't deserve it's own thread.

This show has basically become a Starz or Cinemax show. The violence is beyond ridiculous and has completely undermined the credibility of the show. Each death is a little less emotionally jarring than the one before it, and after a while, they don't really matter. I lost track with how many people Ray killed in season 4, but I am betting it was at least 10.

If Ray Donovan wants to be a straight up action show, then cut out all the brooding and backstory, make it funnier, and go with the action. If it wants to be a serious TV show, it needs to reduce the body count. Trying to do both doesn't make sense.

Other thoughts:

Lisa Bonet was wasted in a really interesting story line that was kind of dulled by the insanity of the rest of the season. This should have been the core plotline of the season.

Why was some old American dude cast as the Russian crime boss?

Why don't Avi and Ray work for Lena, since she seems to be 10x smarter and more capable than either of them?

Bunchy is barely tolerable as a dark comic relief, but making him into a gangster is just annoying.

How many murders has Mickey committed with the full knowledge of the FBI and still gotten out of jail? What is the dramatic point of him getting arrested if he can just walk out of jail at least once a season.

The show has moments, like Mickey's ping pong game, that make it entertaining and worth watching, but there is a growing amount of silliness between those moments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom