Rawle Alkins | The Boneyard

Rawle Alkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anybody know if we are recruiting this kid? He's a 6'4" SF from Brooklyn and played at the same school as Omar Calhoun, Christ the King, ranked #28 in the 2016 ESPN 60. If we could get Omar to recruit this kid and Daniel Hamilton to recruit #27 Vance Jackson from St. John Bosco then that's at least a good start.

Reaction Score
St. John's is now all over this kid. I think Cincinatti has been on him hard too. For whatever reason, it doesn't look like we're going after him. If so, we'd be very late to the game with a lot of ground to make up. He reminds me of a former NYC product, "Born Ready" - Lance Stephenson, perhaps without the crazy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Does anybody know if we are recruiting this kid? He's a 6'4" SF from Brooklyn and played at the same school as Omar Calhoun, Christ the King, ranked #28 in the 2016 ESPN 60. If we could get Omar to recruit this kid and Daniel Hamilton to recruit #27 Vance Jackson from St. John Bosco then that's at least a good start.

2 Top 30 kids is "at least a good start"? Jesus. That would be a hands-down phenomenal class in and of itself. I can probably count on Bart Simpson's hand the number of times this university has gotten two kids of that nature.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We never targeted him and likely won't.

Reaction Score
I marvel at how you all keep up with these all these recruits. There has got to be over 100 names passed around on the Yard the past couple of seasons. I just wish there was a 'one stop shopping' location where the memory challenged/retention folks like me can keep up.

Some of you college kids have to have some free time, no? Perhaps maybe the professors will give you extra credit if you suggest it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I marvel at how you all keep up with these all these recruits. There has got to be over 100 names passed around on the Yard the past couple of seasons. I just wish there was a 'one stop shopping' location where the memory challenged/retention folks like me can keep up.

Some of you college kids have to have some free time, no? Perhaps maybe the professors will give you extra credit if you suggest it.

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/connecticut

College kid-tested and approved.

Reaction Score
2 Top 30 kids is "at least a good start"? Jesus. That would be a hands-down phenomenal class in and of itself. I can probably count on Bart Simpson's hand the number of times this university has gotten two kids of that nature.

You misconstrued what I was trying to say. I was trying to indicate that Omar Calhoun reaching out to him and DHam reaching out to Vance Jackson would be good starts in regards to recruiting them and getting them to give UCONN a look. I agree with you, getting these two in one recruiting class would be enormous.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You misconstrued what I was trying to say. I was trying to indicate that Omar Calhoun reaching out to him and DHam reaching out to Vance Jackson would be good starts in regards to recruiting them and getting them to give UCONN a look. I agree with you, getting these two in one recruiting class would be enormous.

Obviously I would love for that to happen. But as others above me have said I doubt that Alkins will give us a look.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I saw Rawle perform with Dolly Parton at the Grand Ole Opry. He has a deep voice and towered over Dolly but more than held his own. ,

Reaction Score
Saw him play against Mustapha Heron earlier this season. Alkins is active on the boards, but not a great perimeter shooter. He's college ready physically, but at 6'4, he's an undersized SF.

Reaction Score

Alkins said he plans to commit in the spring of 2016.

“Oh yea, I’m late, real late,” Alkins stated. “I feel like I am going to commit real late. I want to be one of those guys where, ‘I’m Rawle Alkins and this year I will committing to …’ on like national television.”

Reaction Score
“Oh yea, I’m late, real late,” Alkins stated. “I feel like I am going to commit real late. I want to be one of those guys where, ‘I’m Rawle Alkins and this year I will committing to …’ on like national television.”
This just has UK written all over it. Kid is all about his own hype.

Reaction Score
Made it clear he is all about waiting for Duke and Kentucky offers. There are certain kids that putting in the effort for the kid is worth it don't think he is one of them.

Reaction Score
Made it clear he is all about waiting for Duke and Kentucky offers. There are certain kids that putting in the effort for the kid is worth it don't think he is one of them.

His coach and father are a promotional machine no doubt. I think Lovett was at 6 high schools in 5 years due to good ole pops. I do think he is the most exciting player in the class though. So just watching him would be a lot of fun. I don't think the kid expects Duke or Kentucky offers (which he won't get).

Reaction Score
His coach and father are a promotional machine no doubt. I think Lovett was at 6 high schools in 5 years due to good ole pops. I do think he is the most exciting player in the class though. So just watching him would be a lot of fun. I don't think the kid expects Duke or Kentucky offers (which he won't get).
I believe he's referring to Alkins, not Lovett

Reaction Score
U
Saw him play against Mustapha Heron earlier this season. Alkins is active on the boards, but not a great perimeter shooter. He's college ready physically, but at 6'4, he's an undersized SF.

Undersized at 6'4" and not a great perimeter shooter? I want outside points from that position. I can see why we passed.

Reaction Score
Not only lame and corny but that's disrespectful to Buffalo. What a db. What, Buffalo isn't good enough for you, kid?

He says his friends did it while he wasn't paying attention to his phone and that there's nothing wrong with Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom