Ranking tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Ranking tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#21 Cinci, #23 Wichita and #24 UNLV fell this week. Obviously still some teams that will move from unranked into the rankings (Marquette for sure) but it'd be nice to steal a spot coming into the Ville game.

Looking at our losses --NC State really looks legit now, New Mexico hanging around in top 25 and same with Michigan St and Marquette--it's pretty clear we're a top 25 team at this moment. . Hopefully that gets recognized.

Reaction Score
A bunch of teams are ahead of us, i'm hoping to be in the 25 to 30 group. With a win tomorrow and at Pitt we will be.

Reaction Score
The computers say.

Sagarin has us #28
Realtime RPI has us #23

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
#21 Cinci, #23 Wichita and #24 UNLV fell this week. Obviously still some teams that will move from unranked into the rankings (Marquette for sure) but it'd be nice to steal a spot coming into the Ville game.

Looking at our losses --NC State really looks legit now, New Mexico hanging around in top 25 and same with Michigan St and Marquette--it's pretty clear we're a top 25 team at this moment. . Hopefully that gets recognized.

We beat MSU! :)

Reaction Score
We definitely deserve to be ranked in the top 25, IMO. No bad losses, two wins over ranked teams (one on the road, one at a neutral venue), and three losses all to good teams (and we could have won all of them).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i've come to not care really about the rankings, just that we get the respect we deserve when they talk about us... but since louisville will most likely be number one, 2 top 25 teams from the big east on big monday makes for great ratings

Reaction Score
not even getting votes before this week. Let's beat Lousiville and then worrying about ranking won't be an issue :D

Right, but we just beat a pretty legit BE title contender on the road. I think it'll help a lot for our program to have a ranking coming into an ESPn game v #1. Really, the idea for me is that if we beat Louisville it shouldn't be much of an upset. Likewise, if we lose a close one it should be a disappointment just as much as its a moral victory. This team is quickly gaining the reputation that they're going to battle in BE games and having a ranking to back that up would be nice.

However, like to say the long-term ranking will ultimately hinge on tomorrow's game

Reaction Score
i've come to not care really about the rankings, just that we get the respect we deserve when they talk about us... but since louisville will most likely be number one, 2 top 25 teams from the big east on big monday makes for great ratings

The only problem, Swag11, is that the expectations were low this year, and we don't have a post season. I feel if we finish anywhere in the top 25, this will have been a very memorable season!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Beating Marquette would have helped for this week. But if we can knock off UL it'll make up for that!

Reaction Score
A bunch of teams are ahead of us, i'm hoping to be in the 25 to 30 group. With a win tomorrow and at Pitt we will be.

We are UConn. We have VIP passes to the club. We are bluebloods. We have the championships, tradition and the prestige to cut in line.

Reaction Score

I agree, but baby steps. They were ranked once already. I don't want another short lived ranking.

Reaction Score
Right, but we just beat a pretty legit BE title contender on the road. I think it'll help a lot for our program to have a ranking coming into an ESPn game v #1. Really, the idea for me is that if we beat Louisville it shouldn't be much of an upset. Likewise, if we lose a close one it should be a disappointment just as much as its a moral victory. This team is quickly gaining the reputation that they're going to battle in BE games and having a ranking to back that up would be nice.

However, like to say the long-term ranking will ultimately hinge on tomorrow's game

Louisville is opening -6 @ UConn. In the 2% chance Duke remains #1 in either poll someone shoot me.

Reaction Score
We are UConn. We have VIP passes to the club. We are bluebloods. We have the championships, tradition and the prestige to cut in line.[/quote
You have a good point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc