Ranking #3 Mike Nebrich | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ranking #3 Mike Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Anybody remember Richard Lagow? Of course not, because he transferred before the season even started last year as a Freshman. He went to Oklahoma State because, in his own words, UConn was "adequately stocked" at his position. Pasqualoni sure knew how to keep 'em around, didn't he? I better not see him light up SportsCenter within the next couple of years.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye...lagow-transferring-to-oklahoma-state?v=1&vc=1

Reaction Score
Anybody remember Richard Lagow? Of course not, because he transferred before the season even started last year as a Freshman. He went to Oklahoma State because, in his own words, UConn was "adequately stocked" at his position. Pasqualoni sure knew how to keep 'em around, didn't he? I better not see him light up SportsCenter within the next couple of years.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye...lagow-transferring-to-oklahoma-state?v=1&vc=1

He has since landed at a Juco somewhere.

http://www.cisco.edu/s/926/athletics/athletics.aspx?pgid=509&gid=1

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He already left Oklahoma State.

And not to speak out of turn but that's not why he left.

Reaction Score
He already left Oklahoma State.

And not to speak out of turn but that's not why he left.

He left because they favored Tim Boyle, and ironically, Boyle might be out the door next because his college career is apparently on the verge of extinction here at UConn. Any other reason I don't know about (no really, I'm asking)?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He left because they favored Tim Boyle, and ironically, Boyle might be out the door next because his college career is apparently on the verge of extinction here at UConn. Any other reason I don't know about (no really, I'm asking)?

It wasn't merely that the (then) staff favored Boyle, the staff parked Lagow behind every other QB on the depth chart for summer practice (while Des Connor, one of the few who had access to practice stated that Lagow was clearly the most advanced of QB's in camp).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If one was inclined they could find videos of Lagow tearing it up at the Juco.

I don't know much about Juco recruiting but I think he could go back to a FBS program in 2015 with 3 years of eligibility left.

It would be pretty entertaining if he came back.

Reaction Score
It wasn't merely that the (then) staff favored Boyle, the staff parked Lagow behind every other QB on the depth chart for summer practice (while Des Connor, one of the few who had access to practice stated that Lagow was clearly the most advanced of QB's in camp).

They must have been the only coaching staff in America that didn't know what to do with a three-star quarterback from a football mecca like the state of Texas. Because guys like that just fall in our lap everyday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They must have been the only coaching staff in America that didn't know what to do with a three-star quarterback from a football mecca like the state of Texas. Because guys like that just fall in our lap everyday.

Had Lagow been more patient he would have gotten a shot. Now when you don't need the scholarship it puts you in a different position. I'm sure many others would have bailed on P if they had that opportunity.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Of all the QB's that came through since DO, Nebrich was the one who best met my eye test. Moved well in the pocket & threw a decent ball. I do not recall overwhelming arm strenght/zip, but he threw a nice ball.

TB has the arm strength & tools to be a good D1 QB, from what I have seen. The decision making & accuracy have not been seen on game day consistently, but I hesitate to judge any QB too harshly based on the lack of protection. TB needs to get reps until it 'clicks'.

TB should be getting 50% of the reps in practice & 30% of the reps in the game - with opportunity to stay on the field if he & the team compete well. There will be no December practice.

Reaction Score
Exactly. It's not like these dudes are leaving and ripping it up in the SEC or even CUSA.

Didn't exactly tear it up in his one year try.

2011: Spent the 2011 fall semester at Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas ... Was 180 for 316 in the air for 3,022 yards this past season with 25 TDs and 14 interceptions ... Was named All-Kansas Junior College Conference first team honors ... Named National Junior College Athletic Association All-American honorable mention ... Butler was the second-ranked junior college team nationally.

56% completion percentage and a 1.6 to 1 TD to turnover ratio. Not exactly stellar in my eyes. He also recorded 83 rushing yards and 2 TD's according to this site:

http://njcaa.org/colleges_college_p...amid=118921&athleteid=340750&seasonselect=547

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Of all the QB's that came through since DO, Nebrich was the one who best met my eye test. Moved well in the pocket & threw a decent ball. I do not recall overwhelming arm strenght/zip, but he threw a nice ball.

TB has the arm strength & tools to be a good D1 QB, from what I have seen. The decision making & accuracy have not been seen on game day consistently, but I hesitate to judge any QB too harshly based on the lack of protection. TB needs to get reps until it 'clicks'.

TB should be getting 50% of the reps in practice & 30% of the reps in the game - with opportunity to stay on the field if he & the team compete well. There will be no December practice.

I remember him being able to scramble in the pocket (almost immediately) which wouldn't be a bad skill to have this season, but I also remember him not being able to throw the ball very well standing still. For the last ten years, we've had a never ending QB controversy, because we've never had a clear #1 QB. Lorenzen was the closest and that was a power running team. Frazer was up close as well but he was flawed in the INT department. Anyone else you can name wasn't good enough to convince a professional coach that they should be playing a position that was always in desparate need of an upgrade. You guys make is seem as if they buried a HoF'er on the bench. It's absurd. Glad Mike is excelling, but to think he would do that here mistakes the correlation between divisions.

G Comp/Att/INT TD Yds Long Avg/G

NEBRICH, Mike 8 62.8 5-14-1 35.7 69 0 21 8.6

Reaction Score
If one was inclined they could find videos of Lagow tearing it up at the Juco.

I don't know much about Juco recruiting but I think he could go back to a FBS program in 2015 with 3 years of eligibility left.

It would be pretty entertaining if he came back.
This

Reaction Score

TB looks the part....thats all...image doesnt cut itnat this level...

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
TB looks the part....thats all...image doesnt cut itnat this level...
90% of the NFL QB's struggle to adjust to the next level. Hell half of the 1st rounders end up out fail to be anywhere near a legit starter let alone a 'franchise' QB. But folks can make the call after a few quarters of play. That is why all scholarships should be for 1 year, so if a QB does not complete 60% of his passes & have a 3TD/1Int ratio we can start looking elsewhere.

How many QB's have we had that had similar tools as TB coming in? Not many to my eyes. Get some big uglies & start coaching & putting the kid in position to use his talents.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Exactly. It's not like these dudes are leaving and ripping it up in the SEC or even CUSA.

Yup, did anyone even transfer to an FBS program? If one did I can't think of him.

Reaction Score
Cundiff wasn't a whiff. He was the one who got "homesick". Even still, the list of QBs that have departed is pretty damn stunning. Some couldn't cut it, some probably could but they needed to watch, mature and develop.

These QBs are their own worst enemy. Even a kid a that gets a scholarship for D-II (Not FCS) program as a QB is an elite athlete from where he comes from. I can't even begin to imagine the BS that gets pumped into the heads of a QB headed to an FBS program. Friends and family must look at these guys like they are the next Peyton Manning.

I think that these kids are their own worst enemy. In my humble opinion, the only types of QBs that should be starting as a RS Fr. or earlier are the type that will be a future All Conference selection, at a minimum! Lagow is probably a decent QB, but there was no way he should be seeing the field until his third season.

Everyone think that it is such a great thing to have a 4 year starter. But I think that we have only had one guy that was good enough for that and he has been gone for quite some time. I think we started guys like Boyle, Cochran, Nebrich and Box out of neccesity, but it put these guys in terrible positions. Football isn't a sport where you get better as long as you are playing. I think that playing a QB too early can really hurt a guy's future not only mentally, but as we have seen, physically as well.

Reaction Score
Boyle's operating under his 3rd HC and 3rd OC since arriving 15 months ago. Before lableling a teenager a failure, which is what some here take great pride in, you might want to see if he can develop in ONE system.

And I never understood the fixation with the laundry list of QBs that quit. If they found a better place to play and go to school, good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom