Random Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How does UConn get the 7?
Hmm, I'll play. My guesses are pick 6, kick return fumble recovery or at TD drive in the last 2:30.

Reaction Score
ECU will get up 35-7 at halftime, and the second half will essentially be continuous clock with ECU just trying to end the game without any injuries. I don't think you will see anything like what they did today because a) UNC is a rival for fans and recruits and there is history between the programs, and b) UConn is not a threat to score, unlike UNC, so McNeil will have no reason to keep scoring once he gets a big lead on us.
Absolutely. Add in the disrespect factor. UNC has no regard for ECU at all. ECU wanted to say, Hey, don't look away . . . I'm talking to you ... Yeah, you.

Reaction Score
We haven't had a FBS offense in a decade. Someone else made this point, but every week you can find FCS and Ivy teams on tv that can sling the ball around. It's mystifying that we have never been able to put a modern offense on the field.
Yeah. I'm starting to believe we should have hired Whipple when RE packed up in the middle of the night. Anyone who's been a winner at some level has the idea of how to win. We just don't get skill QB's or wideouts. Just don't want to come here. Occasional exception, surprise player: Marcus Easley, came out of nowhere. DannyO. Hopefully Boyle. I'd be afraid to put Boyle in behind this line. Look what happened to Casey. Casey would still be playing if he had some kind of offense in front of him. Instead he tried to do it all himself and got clocked play after play. Now he's out. Yeah, we have a real problem with FBS level offense and have for a long, long time. Even with Todman that was not a good offense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We lack talent, but we have enough talent to win the games on our schedule. Or at least not be embarrassed. Buffalo's team last year was better than the USF team we played on Friday. I recall a lot of people being pizzed at that loss. Is Stockholm Syndrome setting in?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We lack talent, but we have enough talent to win the games on our schedule. Or at least not be embarrassed. Buffalo's team last year was better than the USF team we played on Friday. I recall a lot of people being pizzed at that loss. Is Stockholm Syndrome setting in?

Buffalo 2013 was light years better than USF 2014. It was obvious they were going to get killed there - an all time let down spot. Same as when they beat Pitt coming off the blown game to ND.

Can you imagine this season if they played even a 2006 Big East schedule. Bloodbath.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Add in the disrespect factor. UNC has no regard for ECU at all. ECU wanted to say, Hey, don't look away . . . I'm talking to you ... Yeah, you.

ECU may be playing for the Sympathy Bowl and getting a shot to dismantle a team on National TV on a weeknight will give them plenty of motivation.

Reaction Score
1. I'm trying to think of a game worse than what we saw last night. Striking out.

How about Randy Edsall vs. Rutgers at Rutgers? 2010. Painful. We saw a lot of these kinds of games during the Edsall era.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about Randy Edsall vs. Rutgers at Rutgers? 2010. Painful. We saw a lot of these kinds of games during the Edsall era.

From an overall quality of play from both teams? That's not even close.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
well i'm just focusing on our play. we've been beneath mediocre for a while now.

Even so they should have won that game against a much better team than USF.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Critical, some of you guys are off your rocker.What do you want 4 games in with a hurting lack of talent. 2 years from now you would have some justification not now, not yet. You can't have Filet mignon out of hamburger.

You can't argue with those who think they are smarter than the coaching staff.
It takes time to turn around a team after what the last coaching staff did.

Go Huskies!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can't argue with those who think they are smarter than the coaching staff.
It takes time to turn around a team after what the last coaching staff did.

Go Huskies!

I remember when I couldn't argue with the last staff either.

Everyone just have blind faith and check back in 2017 to see how it turned out.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I remember when I couldn't argue with the last staff either.

Everyone just have blind faith and check back in 2017 to see how it turned out.

Complaining about four games when the last staff left the place way worse than when they took it over. This is the problem in today's society we expect instant gratification

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Complaining about four games when the last staff left the place way worse than when they took it over. This is the problem in today's society we expect instant gratification

Buddy the guy got 10 million dollars.

Asking him to at least attempt to beat South Florida isn't exactly asking him to part the sea or walk on water.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Since you keep posting random coaches what the heck is your point?

I'm at the Pats game. Their offense, with Tom Brady, looks pretty much as bad as ours.

And people here are calling for Garapolo to play.

Sometimes the players aren't good enough.

Reaction Score
McCarthy can't figure out how to score more than 7 with Aaron Rodgers at QB. Against Detroit. Me must be a coach also.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm at the Pats game. Their offense, with Tom Brady, looks pretty much as bad as ours.

And people here are calling for Garapolo to play.

Sometimes the players aren't good enough.

And is anyone was being critical of the fact they lost games that would be similiar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
McCarthy can't figure out how to score more than 7 with Aaron Rodgers at QB. Against Detroit. Me must be a ty coach also.

You have built a strawman so far away from reality it's impressive.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying this:

They play AC/DC a lot. They play welcome to the jungle on 3rd down. The offense can't score with Tom Brady as QB against a terrible team. And everyone here complains incessantly. If I had my eyes closed I would think I was at the Rent.

(And there are at least 5k empty seats for the home opener)

Reaction Score
In a thread that is called "random thoughts" I need censorship for my "random thoughts"?

Give me a break.

Reaction Score
Buddy the guy got 10 million dollars.

Asking him to at least attempt to beat South Florida isn't exactly asking him to part the sea or walk on water.
The score was 14-17. He believed he stopped it from being 35-0. So he was trying to win. He is going to look like n idiot until results come in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In a thread that is called "random thoughts" I need censorship for my "random thoughts"?

Give me a ing break.

Hey if you want to compare criticism of some Diaco decisions to criticizing coaches who have won Super Bowls knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom