Rakim Lubin---our versiono f Dejuan Blair? | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin---our versiono f Dejuan Blair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he really is 6-8 265 athletic and all muscle--hes going to be a Dejuan Blair type right out of the bat. Sorry but 6-8 265 is as beastly as it gets in college. Its easy to see from watching he can play--now add in the size and his ability to play I can only think of one guy that size Blair. We have (hopefully) 4 years of a monster like that on our team!!

Reaction Score
I hope so, I already love his rebound 1st, 2nd, and 3rd mentality. Haven't you made this thread a few times already though? I hope that you don't bash him if he doesn't immediately meet your lofty expectations.

Reaction Score
You are really banging the drum hard for this kid. Didn't you already compare him to Charles Oakley and say he'd only be around for a couple seasons? All this for a dude who really got no big school attention to speak of. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but you might want to temper your expectations a tiny bit. DeJuan Blair was a top 30 kid coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
NO!!!!!! We don't compare our players to any other team, shame on you!

Reaction Score
dude, you got a chubby for the rock, or what? I hope he's half of what you and his boys who showed up last spring say he is. Also it's easy to see what from watching him play? The games and clips I saw were absolutely painful in that he hardly ever saw the ball b/c his guards were terrible and Lubin didn't even consider playing hard most of the time. Obviously, high school games so it means very little. But there's no way you saw a guy who's going to average 11 and 9 (Blair's frosh stats) from those games/clips.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
I hope so, I already love his rebound 1st, 2nd, and 3rd mentality. Haven't you made this thread a few times already though? I hope that you don't bash him if he doesn't immediately meet your lofty expectations.

Seriously.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How can he have expectations? The kid wasn't even top 100. If anything, I'm hoping to be suprised

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He needs to master the arm bar and hip toss. Maybe we can hire Rhonda Rouse as our big man coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he really is 6-8 265 athletic and all muscle--hes going to be a Dejuan Blair type right out of the bat. Sorry but 6-8 265 is as beastly as it gets in college. Its easy to see from watching he can play--now add in the size and his ability to play I can only think of one guy that size Blair. We have (hopefully) 4 years of a monster like that on our team!!
Is Right out of the bat from the Mike Tyson lexicon? Most on here seem to think comparing Rock to Blair is ludicrisp!

Reaction Score
I hate these threads! kid has not played one college game and he is compared to a rebounding monster!

Not to mention co-Big East Player of the Year.

It's great that he understands that he needs to rebound, but how about we wait and see how many actual rebounds he gets.

Reaction Score
The Blair comments are not so far off base, but more optimistic. I don't see him playing Center like Blair did, but he will have a very solid base from the legs down. It's going to be difficult to move a 6'7", 265 lb. Dude out of the paint. He seems to have that mean streak Blair had & has said he wants to rebound. Hopefully Lubin is somewhere between Blain & Adrien. I'd take that every day. Hopefully he'll learn the offense & defense, so he can get on the court to prove it. :)

Reaction Score
Let's just hope the football team doesn't snap him up right from under KO's nose...hoops players with that size plus great hands, footwork, and know how to box out... Perfect TE for Diaco ;)

Reaction Score
If he's Jeff Adrien with that frame, I will thank our lucky stars. Honestly if he is an early success, this team is going to be pretty damn dangerous if they get that patented UConn end of season hot streak

Reaction Score
They may have similar builds but you can't compare him to Adrien. Adrien was a top 50 player coming in. Lubin was once rated fairly high and then fell totally off the radar. I think the only "rating" I saw with Lubin was 247s ranking of 346. PLEASE temper any expectations and stop comparing him to two guys who are pros. It's just silly at this point.

Reaction Score
I read on a Slovenian paid recruiting site in 7th grade lubin cared a vw bus 8 meters

Reaction Score
Rakim has not played a minute of Div. 1 college ball. Its a much different game, with stronger, savvy and experienced players. He may not even see the court as much as people are saying. Give the dude some time, hell I'd be happy if he just spelled our bigs without many problems, especially if foul problems warrant it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom