Quote of the Day from FIBA Announcers | The Boneyard

Quote of the Day from FIBA Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Great fundamentals" is not an attribute that would immediately spring to mind when discussing NC players... Wonder where that came from.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I heard that, and figured SOMEONE would comment. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Which player is that?

North Carolina has been a premier program, but fundamentals? Please! They have won on athleticism.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Which player is that?

North Carolina has been a premier program, but fundamentals? Please! They have won on athleticism.

It might be Latoya Pringle (now Lara Sanders) who plays for Turkey.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That was a heck of a game - Turkey/France - France dominant in the first half, and then Turkey came storming back.

Reaction Score
Since I am not aware of this players skills I must ask the simple question. Why does it seem that some from the BY feel that only UCONN players have fundamental skills? Just curious. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
reno tony said:
Since I am not aware of this players skills I must ask the simple question. Why does it seem that some from the BY feel that only UCONN players have fundamental skills? Just curious. :)

Honestly I don't think that was the intent. it's just that North Carolina, if you ever watch the women play, have a run and gun kind of style. that's all

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think that was the intent. it's just that North Carolina, if you ever watch the women play, have a run and gun kind of style. that's all
Exactly, Rady, there are many teams that teach solid fundamentals. UNC is not among the ones I would list. I would immediately list Stanford, DePaul, WVU, Louisville, Baylor (to a point), Texas A&M, ND, and others. UNC not so much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn players generally have better fundamentals than most. Why? First, Geno recruits that type of kid; second, he teaches fundamentals very well; third, in order to get off the bench, you have to display fundamentals in practices and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom