Quintuple double...has it ever happened? | The Boneyard

Quintuple double...has it ever happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Points/rebounds/assists/blocks/steals: has anyone ever achieved this...men/women/college/ pro?

A guard might get 4 of 'em but would have trouble getting 10 blocks. A Dolson might get 4 but
would have trouble getting 10 steals.

What type of player might get all 5? Just looking at 'our own', I would say Breanna would be the most likely to get this improbable feat. Conceivably Maya...but I would doubt she ever had close to 10 blocks in a game.

Reaction Score
Interesting to speculate but the odds of it actually happening are infinitessimal. Getting either 10 blocks or 10 steals is extremely rare. Both in one game is one in a billion type odds. Then throw a conventional triple double on top of that?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
According to Wikipedia, Kelly Faris had a quadruple double in HS.

Quintuple-double
A quintuple-double is defined as a performance in which a player accumulates a double-digit number total in all five statistical categories—points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots—in a single game.[117] There are only two known quintuple-doubles, both at the girls' high-school level. The first was recorded by Tamika Catchings of Duncanville High School (Duncanville, Texas) with 25 points, 18 rebounds, 11 assists, 10 steals and 10 blocks in 1997.[118] The second was by Aimee Oertner of Northern Lehigh High School (Slatington, Pennsylvania), who had 26 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals, and 11 blocks on January 7, 2012.[119]

I suppose there would be more quadruple doubles if you include turnvers.

LINK

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to Wikipedia, Kelly Faris had a quadruple double in HS.

Quintuple-double
A quintuple-double is defined as a performance in which a player accumulates a double-digit number total in all five statistical categories—points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots—in a single game.[117] There are only two known quintuple-doubles, both at the girls' high-school level. The first was recorded by Tamika Catchings of Duncanville High School (Duncanville, Texas) with 25 points, 18 rebounds, 11 assists, 10 steals and 10 blocks in 1997.[118] The second was by Aimee Oertner of Northern Lehigh High School (Slatington, Pennsylvania), who had 26 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals, and 11 blocks on January 7, 2012.[119]

I suppose there would be more quadruple doubles if you include turnvers.

LINK
Have to admit I'm surprised it happened even in high school. Although I still think the odds in college are infinitessimal. Like the odds of an MLB pitcher getting 27 Ks in a game. Just won't happen.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Have to admit I'm surprised it happened even in high school. Although I still think the odds in college are infinitessimal. Like the odds of an MLB pitcher getting 27 Ks in a game. Just won't happen.
HS would be the place because you have some really frightful match-ups with scores like 100 - 10 and coaches and players who are too immature to put the breaks on.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
One way to look at the question for WCBB D1 is in the 3,000 games played this season, how many times has a double digit for steals or blocks been done this season, as they are the three categories that are hardest to get the big numbers in?

As of the last posted NCAA stats, only one player has even reached 10 steals, and the high for blocks is 13 for an Iona player and two others with 10. There is no overlap or anything close to it for those players. Among those four, Amanda Zahui of Minnesota has come the closest as she got double-digit points and rebound to go with her 10 blocks for a triple double, and she's had as many as 5 assists in a game but her high in steals is 3. She has piled up 9 other double-doubles to go with the triple-double. But overall, no player has really come at all close in the tens of thousands of opportunities this year.

One other player who I've heard could maybe do it is BYU's Jen Hamson. She has had 10 double-doubles this year and gotten 9 blocks in one game, though her high in both assists and steals is 2. However, if as noted above turnovers were included, she did get up to 7 in a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also I've seen many HS coaches pad stats. I remember an FCIAC coach who gave her point guard 13 assists enven though the rest of the team only hit 12 FGs.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly's quadruple double was the second game I ever saw her play. I was immediately hooked. She did in a blowout, and only played sparingly in the 2nd half. 6 days later Geno was in the gym as Trish Liston's (DUKE) Fenwick team came to Indy. Kelly had 17 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks in that game. I think Geno was also hooked rather quickly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom