Quick Survey - Connecticut Sports Radio | The Boneyard

Quick Survey - Connecticut Sports Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Takes only a couple minutes to complete, please do!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DT5V3MC

Fairfield County and UConn athletics on the radio are like oil and vinegar. I know this subject has been covered ad nauseam on this board, but would be nice to see a survey asking about coverage in your part of state.

On a separate note I went to two different bars Friday night to grab a bite in Fairfield and catch the game and at both places they did not have the UConn Bball game on. ACC and Big East tourney games were all over the TVs and it seemed like no one even knew UConn was playing. One more indication how poor our current conference situation is. I had to help both places find ESPNU and both times the bartender said oh I had no idea they were on.

Reaction Score
Totally different situation for me on Sunday afternoon. Was in New York City to see the opening of "Finding Neverland". Watched the afternoon game at a sports bar in Hell's Kitchen. A "regular" sports know-it-all asked WHY we wanted to watch UConn lose when "everyone" knows that they haven't been any good for the last 5 years." My wife immediately put him in his place, educating him that UConn was barred 2 year's ago & won the National Championship last season? The "expert" was clueless.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If a radio show ends up being produced. There should also be an easily accessible on-demand feature.

Reaction Score
Totally different situation for me on Sunday afternoon. Was in New York City to see the opening of "Finding Neverland". Watched the afternoon game at a sports bar in Hell's Kitchen. A "regular" sports know-it-all asked WHY we wanted to watch UConn lose when "everyone" knows that they haven't been any good for the last 5 years." My wife immediately put him in his place, educating him that UConn was barred 2 year's ago & won the National Championship last season? The "expert" was clueless.
Coach what bar were you in? My firehouse is in Hell's Kitchen

Reaction Score
If a radio show ends up being produced. There should also be an easily accessible on-demand feature.

This. I'm not going out of my way to listen to a radio show. I listen to the radio when I'm in my car.

Reaction Score
This. I'm not going out of my way to listen to a radio show. I listen to the radio when I'm in my car.
I agree, but i'm the opposite. I listen to the radio at home, not in the car.

Reaction Score

He said five years? We've won two titles in the last five years. That's only happened 4 times in the last four decades. Kudos to your wife.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn needs it's own broadcasting capabilities beyond WHUS. TV and radio.

While they are at it, they should build a world class school for media and broadcasting with a focus on sports broadcasting and spokesmodeling.

It would improve our lot in the media coverage and help recruiting all at the same time.

Reaction Score
I listen to ESPN radio during both commutes (door to door is roughly 1 hour). Fan of Mike & Mike in the morning, but the Rob Dibble show is terrible and I can't stand listening to it. Now I stream LeBatard's show during the evening commute.

If we had a station committed to UConn sports, I'd gladly listen to that in a heartbeat

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I listen to ESPN radio during both commutes (door to door is roughly 1 hour). Fan of Mike & Mike in the morning, but the Rob Dibble show is terrible and I can't stand listening to it. Now I stream LeBatard's show during the evening commute.

If we had a station committed to UConn sports, I'd gladly listen to that in a heartbeat
I've mostly turned away from ESPN radio, unless I've downloaded a fantasy baseball/football or Bill Simmons podcast. Too many commercials and too little listener participation. I live in Eastern CT and work out of SE CT so I get WEEI my entire commute, though about half the time, I have a podcast (those listed above or comedy) or on-demand radio chambered and ready to go.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'd be more likely to listen regularly to a podcast / on demand show than a radio only show. Don't know what format other folks prefer but I like the soundcloud app on my smartphone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Local sports radio for the most part is horrible. I've gotten sick of Mike and Mike in the morning and have found a kindred spirit in the Steve Czaban show on Yahoo sports radio.

Reaction Score
Landsdown Road.
Right around the corner from my firehouse...they are a big NFL, Red Sox, and English Premier league place. Bartenders and table servers are kind of aloof, and usually you wait for another beer. Mr Bigg's right across the Street is the only bar in that neighborhood that advertises college sports..they hang Rutgers banners on football Saturdays (we used to go there all the time...then stopped when the Rutty banners came out). We now either go to Dalton's which is up on 9th Ave or McMenamins which is on 10th between 42 & 43. Much better about what's on tv sports wise...both places have much better wings than Landsdown Road.

Reaction Score

I haven't listened to Dibble...what bad about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom