Quick question about UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick question about UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if the stat is "50%" or "above 50%," but I think it's correct. A couple of other teams were within a basket or so. I think that BC shot over 50% in the 2004 BE semifinals, knocking Diana and the Huskies out. Since then, Baylor MAY have shot 50%.

Meanwhile, UConn shoots better than 50% over 20x per year.
This is the picture I took of the screen at last years's Final Four:

Attachments

• DEFENSE.JPG
    DEFENSE.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score
Faquirs is in the Scrabble Dictonary and that is the Bible to play scrabble.

Untrue. The "Official Scrabble Players Dictionary" is not used in Scrabble tournaments. Did you know that?

Obviously not.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I've never had the pleasure of participating in or witnessing a Scrabble Tournament. What DO they use?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is the picture I took of the screen at last years's Final Four:
Sounds correct. I think it was one opponent since the BC loss, probably Baylor.

In a semi-competitive UConn game, the shooting percentages are often: UConn 50%, opponent 38%.

In the noncompetitive games, we've been close to UConn 65%, opponent 25%.

Reaction Score
I've never had the pleasure of participating in or witnessing a Scrabble Tournament. What DO they use?

For tournament play they use a superset of the OSPD, plus all the politically incorrect words like FATSO that were banned from the OSPD. Also, words that are 9 letters or longer in their basic form are checked against Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary if that word is challenged.

There's more to be said, but I'll just add this to show you how the Official Scrabble Idiots have effed up this whole thing. If you won an official tournament in London and then flew to New York to play for the North American Championship, you would have to remove 40,000 word forms from you brain or risk losing a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom