question: Who gets the bs calls when they play each other?? | The Boneyard

question: Who gets the bs calls when they play each other??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I swear, whenever I see Coach K in tournament mode, as in angry faced and yelling at his team/refs (same thing), he looks like Master Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

coachkcurl.jpg

Reaction Score
Its not so much getting calls for those two, as not getting called for all the shoving, the "blocks" across the arms, traveling, holding, hand checking, etc.

Reaction Score
^^^^^

200%. It's the no calls that drive me crazy. duke can hack a way, put 2 hands on every ball handler, block, lower the shoulder on offense, etc. etc. it's nots just the calls, but the no calls that allow them to keep playing that way for 40 minutes. No other teams get that latitude.

Reaction Score
Most circumstances Duke, but with an undefeated season/history on the line it would go to UK

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
One thing's for certain. If they play each other, all the bs calls will go against UConn. Is there a way they can both lose???

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I swear, whenever I see Coach K in tournament mode, as in angry faced and yelling at his team/refs (same thing), he looks like Master Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

coachkcurl.jpg

That picture is what happens when Coach K says "TAKE HIM, TRAJAN!"

Reaction Score
Okafor gets away with more than any player I can remember college or pro

It's awful. In one sequence late 2nd half (huge no calls) he barreled into the defender, should have been a charge wasn't, shot it missed and Kanowski had the rebound he went over his back and knocked him OOB's no call Duke ball. OOB's play a pass into him, he changes pivot feet on a travel then throws one in. I mean he literally committed 3 obvious TO's and nothing was called. This is just the tip of the iceberg with him. How can you beat that? Can you believe K had the audacity to argue about the charge call on him in the first half when Sabots too it? Quite honestly the way he's been handled all year is a joke, really an awful joke!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Duke is gonna win cause the refs will make sure WCS and KAT will be in foul trouble all game. Ok4 gets away with so much it's funny, anyone remember the bs calls on brima? That's what we're gonna see all game.

I'm gonna put on my scouting cap for a second. There's a part of me that worries ok4 is led down the wrong path at Duke. In the NBA he won't get away with all the bull he does now, so I hope he can adjust when that change is made. Also for a guy his size, he can't play any defense/post defense(like every dukie). He's clearly talented and doesn't seem like a bad kid, so best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
Duke is gonna win cause the refs will make sure WCS and KAT will be in foul trouble all game. Ok4 gets away with so much it's funny, anyone remember the bs calls on brima? That's what we're gonna see all game.

I'm gonna put on my scouting cap for a second. There's a part of me that worries ok4 is led down the wrong path at Duke. In the NBA he won't get away with all the bull he does now, so I hope he can adjust when that change is made. Also for a guy his size, he can't play any defense/post defense(like every dukie). He's clearly talented and doesn't seem like a bad kid, so best of luck to him.

He's a bit overrated but could be a nice player. He's given the red carpet treatment as you say and I agree, could hurt him. For this Knicks fans hoping to get him I'd be weighing much more heavily towards Towns myself.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Coach K. is the reigning king of college basketball and Cal is the usurping prince. Long live the King! He will get the calls.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Winslow is the absolute worst in terms of out of control hacking that I have seen in the tournament. He just wails on people on defense, and nothing is called. Just a word of warning, if you tried to play like that in a pickup game, you would get the living spit beat out of you.

I think the officiating in games between P5 schools has been excellent. Yes, Towns was committing a lot of offensive fouls for Kentucky, but Auguste was getting the same calls on the other end. I don't like to see a game called that way, but the refs were calling it the same on both ends.

That was not the case in Duke/Gonzaga. Winslow and Okafor are clutching, slapping and grabbing on defense, and the refs don't so much as even think about calling a foul, but if Gonzaga so much as gave Winslow a dirty look, Winslow was shooting 2.

If I was a P5 assistant recruiting against a non-P5 school for a player, I would just show them clips from this year's tournament and ask them if they want to try and win with the refs helping them or hurting them? Seems like an easy answer for most players.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think they'll choose to eject Jim Calhoun from his court side seat for smiling sarcastically

Reaction Score
It's awful. In one sequence late 2nd half (huge no calls) he barreled into the defender, should have been a charge wasn't, shot it missed and Kanowski had the rebound he went over his back and knocked him OOB's no call Duke ball. OOB's play a pass into him, he changes pivot feet on a travel then throws one in. I mean he literally committed 3 obvious TO's and nothing was called. This is just the tip of the iceberg with him. How can you beat that? Can you believe K had the audacity to argue about the charge call on him in the first half when Sabots too it? Quite honestly the way he's been handled all year is a joke, really an awful joke!

Watching him play made me think the difference between a great college big man and an average one is simply getting calls or no calls to go your way.

Reaction Score
Watching him play made me think the difference between a great college big man and an average one is simply getting calls or no calls to go your way.

Also Kanowski played Tyus Jones straight up on a lay up near the end of the game, Jones had already lost the ball and then ran into Kanowski and they made yet another pitiful call for K. It gets so painful to watch sometime. HUGE advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom