Putting the Golden Era into perspective | The Boneyard

Putting the Golden Era into perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Let's talk about The Golden Era of UConn WBB. As of last year, I posited UConn's Golden Era from 2007-08 on was even more golden than from 2000-04. Of course now, things are all the more more golden now. Consider this:

• From the 2007-08 through the 2014-15 seasons, UConn has gone 296-14. That's an average season of 37 wins and 1.75 losses.
  • UConn's NCAA tournament record is 42-3, or a 93.33% winning percentage.
  • The Huskies have been to eight consecutive Final Fours when the previous record in WCBB was five.
  • Obviously, UConn has five NCs during this period. That's kind of a big deal, right? Even bigger? A three-peat and two consecutive championships, or FOUR successful title defenses.
  • This string of seasons has featured a 90-game winning streak, the longest in CBB history. Additionally, as of now, UConn has won 84 of its last 85 games.
  • UConn's current NCAA tournament winning streak is 18. The current record is Tennessee's. The LVs won 21 games in a row before falling to Duke in the 1999 regional finals. Should UConn get back to the Final Four in 2016, that streak will have been broken.
  • New names have adorned the Huskies of Honor wall: Renee Montgomery, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Bria Hartley, Stefanie Dolson, and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. Next year, Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson will follow suit.
  • UConn has had the NPOY winner in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, and 2015 seasons.
  • Meanwhile, the WNBA championships and Team USA gold medals have had an obvious UConn penumbra cast upon it.
  • On top of all of that, as hard as it is to bid adieu to KML and Kiah, I can't wait to say bonjour to Katie Lou, Napheesa, Dajanae, and Natalie. Add that quartet to the kids from this season who will be back for another year, and it's clear UConn will be an overwhelming favorite to four-peat.
Folks, if you can think of a way it gets any better than this, I'd like to know what it is. When Maya and Tina were on campus, they broke new ground. As Maya was departing, we knew KML was arriving soon, that Bria and Stef were only freshmen, that Stewie and Mo had already committed, and that Morgan was recovering very nicely from his ACL injury in 2009. We knew the wave of success Maya and Tina caused was going to become a tsunami. Everything has transpired as predicted. Everything is perfect.

Everything is golden.

Reaction Score
Let's talk about The Golden Era of UConn WBB. As of last year, I posited UConn's Golden Era from 2007-08 on was even more golden than from 2000-04. Of course now, things are all the more more golden now. Consider this:

• New names have adorned the Huskies of Honor wall: Renee Montgomery, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Bria Hartley, Stefanie Dolson, and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. Next year, Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson will follow suit.
....and I hope not Morgan Tuck.

Reaction Score
If only the men BB can returns to greatness and the FB team can win a few games and finally UConn can get an invite to one of the power conference, will I be at peace. Only then, everything is golden!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If only the men BB can returns to greatness and the FB team can win a few games and finally UConn can get an invite to one of the power conference, will I be at peace. Only then, everything is golden!!!!

That would be wonderful, but UConn WBB wouldn't win any more than it is now.

Reaction Score
  • Obviously, UConn has five NCs during this period. That's kind of a big deal, right? Even bigger? A three-peat and two consecutive championships, or FOUR successful title defenses.
Everything is golden.

I really worry about the status of American's ability to count. (I am not talking about math, just counting.) There are only successful THREE title defenses in a three-peat and two consecutive championships. Are we having problems even counting our five fingers in one hand?
I remember in another thread, the writer stated Geno won 10 titles in 20 years, that amounted to one title every 2 years. But in fact it was 10 titles in 21 years, not exactly one tile every two years. Are we going to lose out to the Chinese in math and science soon if we cannot even do simple countings?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah because it's been so long since the men won a championship.
1-rolling-eyes.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I really worry about the status of American's ability to count. (I am not talking about math, just counting.) There are only successful THREE title defenses in a three-peat and two consecutive championships. Are we having problems even counting our five fingers in one hand?
I remember in another thread, the writer stated Geno won 10 titles in 20 years, that amounted to one title every 2 years. But in fact it was 10 titles in 21 years, not exactly one tile every two years. Are we going to lose out to the Chinese in math and science soon if we cannot even do simple countings?
Yeah, you're right. It is three. And yet, I still have an MBA and structure 6-to-8-figure deals like they're nothing.

Conversely, I worry about your grammar/punctuation. "American's"?

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're right. It is three. And yet, I still have an MBA and structure 6-to-8-figure deals like they're nothing.

Conversely, I worry about your grammar/punctuation. "American's"?
Congratulations on your 6-8 figures deals and hope you don't get cheated out...:)
I sometimes am not very good in coordination with my two hands (ten fingers) and could type one hand sooner than the other. I did mean to type Americans' , but it came out as American's. My bet....Or maybe I just meant to direct that to you.:)

Reaction Score

• From the 2007-08 through the 2014-15 seasons, UConn has gone 296-14. That's an average season of 37 wins and 1.75 losses.
  • UConn's NCAA tournament record is 42-3, or a 93.33% winning percentage.
  • The Huskies have been to eight consecutive Final Fours when the previous record in WCBB was five.
  • This string of seasons has featured a 90-game winning streak, the longest in CBB history. Additionally, as of now, UConn has won 84 of its last 85 games.
  • UConn's current NCAA tournament winning streak is 18. The current record is Tennessee's. The LVs won 21 games in a row before falling to Duke in the 1999 regional finals. Should UConn get back to the Final Four in 2016, that streak will have been broken.
  • UConn has had the NPOY winner in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, and 2015 seasons.
  • Meanwhile, the WNBA championships and Team USA gold medals have had an obvious UConn penumbra cast upon it.
  • On top of all of that, as hard as it is to bid adieu to KML and Kiah, I can't wait to say bonjour to Katie Lou, Napheesa, Dajanae, and Natalie. Add that quartet to the kids from this season who will be back for another year, and it's clear UConn will be an overwhelming favorite to four-peat.
Folks, if you can think of a way it gets any better than this, I'd like to know what it is. When Maya and Tina were on campus, they broke new ground. As Maya was departing, we knew KML was arriving soon, that Bria and Stef were only freshmen, that Stewie and Mo had already committed, and that Morgan was recovering very nicely from his ACL injury in 2009. We knew the wave of success Maya and Tina caused was going to become a tsunami. Everything has transpired as predicted. Everything is perfect.

Everything is golden.
That 93.33% tournament winning percentage is interesting because to have a 50% chance of winning ten titles in a row your winning percentage in the final must be 93.30%. Of course, UConn currently has won 100% of its 10 NC finals.

Reaction Score
Everything is golden.

And ... all of those 18 games by double digits. Avg MoV in those games 31.0. Avg MoV in the six F4 games from 2013 thru 2015: 20.1!

Great post Alex--thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc