Purvis, and other newcomers this year | The Boneyard

Purvis, and other newcomers this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who do they compare to? Individually who do their styles and potential upsides compare to? Who might start right away? I know this is based on who stays but trying to see who we are putting on court against Florida, Duke and others.

Reaction Score
Purvis will start at the two. He's an attacking guard who's very athletic. He shoots a bit of a set shoot but hopefully that's changed in the season off.

Hamilton should start at the three as well. 6-6 wing scores at all levels. Good passer.

Cassell will get minutes had a great year at the juco. He will be a great pickup. At some point we will look back and say what a steal he was. Can really score and handle the ball. 6-4 combo guard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis is very similar to a player at NC State the season before last - I forgot his name, but really similar game. Both are about 6'4", 203 pounds.

Daniel Hamilton reminds me of Jordan Hamilton of the Rockets. They even look a little bit alike, but Jordan looks to be about 20 pounds heavier and probably five years older. Both are pretty good shooters.

Rakim Lubin reminds me of Dolph Lundgren. He's taller, less Swedish and probably better at basketball, but they're very similar in terms of the shadows I imagine they cast. I can also picture both of them developing some sort of go-to move like kissing each bicep every time they dunk or something.

Sam Cassell, Jr.? I cannot think of anyone on earth that he reminds me of. No one. And I've really thought about it. A lot of quiet reflection...and nothing. I think he is like a snowflake. A very large snowflake.

Most of Duke's incoming players remind me of small, weak children, so I don't think there's anything to worry about there.

Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis is very similar to a player at NC State the season before last . . . . .
Most of Duke's incoming players remind me of small, weak children, so I don't think there's anything to worry about there.
Hmm. With the substantial respect due I note that we probably need a water change in the fish tank.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Purvis will start at the two. He's an attacking guard who's very athletic. He shoots a bit of a set shoot but hopefully that's changed in the season off.

Hamilton should start at the three as well. 6-6 wing scores at all levels. Good passer.

Cassell will get minutes had a great year at the juco. He will be a great pickup. At some point we will look back and say what a steal he was. Can really score and handle the ball. 6-4 combo guard.

Depends on his defense, no? I've read that's a big knock on him (no idea myself, as I've never seen him play and barely follow recruiting). Still, we don't have any other wing like him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rakim Lubin reminds me of Dolph Lundgren.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also note, Lubin occasionally moonlights for the Washington Generals.

Lubin-Prospect-Eval.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just watched some more vids of Purvis, and he reminds me a LOT of Jerome Dyson. Slasher, very athletic, set shot from 3.

Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis is very similar to a player at NC State the season before last - I forgot his name, but really similar game. Both are about 6'4", 203 pounds.

Daniel Hamilton reminds me of Jordan Hamilton of the Rockets. They even look a little bit alike, but Jordan looks to be about 20 pounds heavier and probably five years older. Both are pretty good shooters.

Rakim Lubin reminds me of Dolph Lundgren. He's taller, less Swedish and probably better at basketball, but they're very similar in terms of the shadows I imagine they cast. I can also picture both of them developing some sort of go-to move like kissing each bicep every time they dunk or something.

Sam Cassell, Jr.? I cannot think of anyone on earth that he reminds me of. No one. And I've really thought about it. A lot of quiet reflection...and nothing. I think he is like a snowflake. A very large snowflake.

They "look a little bit alike" cause they're brothers.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

They "look a little bit alike" cause they're brothers.

2400458-5303700119-tumbl.png

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You're new around here, aren't you?

I found it funny that he apparently missed the part about Rodney Purvis reminding Fishy of Rodney Purvis and the part about Sam Cassell Jr. not reminding him of Sam Cassell Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom