PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is..Post Pasqualoni Traumatic Stress Disorder. Symptoms:
1. Bouts of Elation about a new coach
2. Recurrent visions of returning to days of old
3. Unusual anxiety when the offense has the ball, and sense of impending doom
4. A lingering belief that our Defense can save us, even though it's been 3 years since they have been dominant.
5. Deep depression after another loss
6. Saying "I can't believe this " and WTF repeatedly.
7. Assuming one loss means we are in for a long season, even though I know better.

Reaction Score
Here's a little salt in the wound....... Central CT State just beat Towson on a game winning drive for a TD. 31-27

Reaction Score
Here's a little salt in the wound.. Central CT State just beat Towson on a game winning drive for a TD. 31-27
Ambrose built that team last yr with a LOT of BCS transfers from places like MD and Va Tech. They lost a fair amount of offense too. Congrats to Central and new HC Pete Rossomondo!!!!!

Reaction Score
That is..Post Pasqualoni Traumatic Stress Disorder. Symptoms:
1. Bouts of Elation about a new coach
2. Recurrent visions of returning to days of old
3. Unusual anxiety when the offense has the ball, and sense of impending doom
4. A lingering belief that our Defense can save us, even though it's been 3 years since they have been dominant.
5. Deep depression after another loss
6. Saying "I can't believe this " and WTF repeatedly.
7. Assuming one loss means we are in for a long season, even though I know better.

I will chalk it up to first game jitters, rookie head coach, lots of young players, new systems, etc. Few things stood out most to me. Our offense was so slow between snaps and breaking huddles, subs, and getting set at the line that it gave byu D all the time in the world to recognize who we had out there and what we were doing. Uphill battle all day. New coaches new offense, fine. They need to get a lot snappier in the play clock. Second is the positive yardage. When a receiver gets the ball, or a back gets some daylight, turn up field, get low and go. Way too much trying to run around the D I saw last night. Defense had some breakdowns, for sure, but I liked our team speed and size on D.

Easy fixes.

Concerns are: Penalties. Penalties. Penalties. Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

You don't win much with those obstacles in your way.

Bottom line is this team came out, got punched hard, and tripped all over themselves, but they came back and played hard and stayed together. Adversity hit and they didn't fold like a cheap suit.

Next week is the real measuring stick. We need to beat on Stony Brook like a rental car. 1-1 & some momentum going into Boise game

Reaction Score
I will chalk it up to first game jitters, rookie head coach, lots of young players, new systems, etc. Few things stood out most to me. Our offense was so slow between snaps and breaking huddles, subs, and getting set at the line that it gave byu D all the time in the world to recognize who we had out there and what we were doing. Uphill battle all day. New coaches new offense, fine. They need to get a lot snappier in the play clock. Second is the positive yardage. When a receiver gets the ball, or a back gets some daylight, turn up field, get low and go. Way too much trying to run around the D I saw last night. Defense had some breakdowns, for sure, but I liked our team speed and size on D.

Easy fixes.

Concerns are: Penalties. Penalties. Penalties. Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

You don't win much with those obstacles in your way.

Bottom line is this team came out, got punched hard, and tripped all over themselves, but they came back and played hard and stayed together. Adversity hit and they didn't fold like a cheap suit.

Next week is the real measuring stick. We need to beat on Stony Brook like a rental car. 1-1 & some momentum going into Boise game

If we are going to measure ourselves against the Stony Brook's of the world then we may as well stop the CR talk & accept our fate.

If we really believe that we should be in a P5 conference then games against FCS teams are not measuring sticks unless the measurement is trying to decide if we should score 50 or 60 against them

Reaction Score
Next week should be the glorified scrimmage. This week and Boise are measuring sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom