P's wiki | The Boneyard

P's wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
link

go ahead and have a ball, my ip isnt allowed to make changes.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
C'mon, HFD. A little far, don't you think? I feel your pain, but....a little far...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
having fun on wiki in a living room with a balck lab, comfy couch and bud watching the yankee game is going to far

but running the ball up the middle after telling the d you are going to so that this team doesn't make a bowl game and $$ in the post season for the school is not to far

got it

beat writers have been warned of a backlash media wise by fans. craigslist wanted adds have been posted in the hartford area and every time they get flagged they get reposted for some off reason. etc media stuff ppl will see this week... me and the fire p army will not stop now.

Reaction Score
link

go ahead and have a ball, my ip isnt allowed to make changes.

Out of control... Just saying. There is a point in all things when one goes overboard and begins to lose "credibility" even on an Internet message board. I think you are nearing that point quickly. I realize you can tell me to STFU and hey - maybe you should but...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Out of control... Just saying. There is a point in all things when one goes overboard and begins to lose "credibility" even on an Internet message board. I think you are nearing that point quickly. I realize you can tell me to STFU and hey - maybe you should but...

im fine being out of control. hell i hope u think so. until bc fans got this out of control with things nothing happened. it took them years of crazy stuff to get gene to say by and spaz will be soon enough now. i'm trying to prevent those next 4 years of sorrow and death to uconn and cutting the head of the problem off right now. unless u want a couple more years of this current uconn football u should join me to some degree.

taking things to random media doesn't hurt the kids on the field or the school money wise. but if things go past this week/december then other measures should be taken for the good of the team and this fan base.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Haha Is that because you wikibomb people when you are unhappy with them?

i only did it once and that was the leach page as a joke. i have never been allowed to change a page since. i think they somehow mark your ip down as not trustworthy or something.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The reason that I'm saying you are going too far is that Wikipedia is trying to be a legit encyclopedia. This is where school kids now go to learn (for better or for worse). I'm not saying that your anger is going too far. Hell, I'm not even saying that your emails to Warde and Susan are going to far. But screwing with an encyclopedia, to me, is going too far.

There's a lot of other ways to channel your anger, and this in my opinion, is not a healthy one...

Reaction Score
Rather than spamming Wikipedia, I think people would be better off writing in a bunch of letters to the editor to the Courant and all the other local newspapers. If they get a bunch of them, at least one should be published. They had no problem posting JC editorials during the "not a dime back" time

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Rather than spamming Wikipedia, I think people would be better off writing in a bunch of letters to the editor to the Courant and all the other local newspapers. If they get a bunch of them, at least one should be published. They had no problem posting JC editorials during the "not a dime back" time

consider it done. actually i will challenege u. if u do a writeup and send it to dc papers, i'll do one to every paper in the state.

Reaction Score
i only did it once and that was the leach page as a joke. i have never been allowed to change a page since. i think they somehow mark your ip down as not trustworthy or something.

Use a proxy server... Look it up.

Reaction Score
im fine being out of control. hell i hope u think so. until bc fans got this out of control with things nothing happened. it took them years of crazy stuff to get gene to say by and spaz will be soon enough now. i'm trying to prevent those next 4 years of sorrow and death to uconn and cutting the head of the problem off right now. unless u want a couple more years of this current uconn football u should join me to some degree.

taking things to random media doesn't hurt the kids on the field or the school money wise. but if things go past this week/december then other measures should be taken for the good of the team and this fan base.

Maybe get an egging and rolling campaign similar to what happened the the Georgia players after they got beat down by USCe. Just kidding, but seriously how far is too far? It's a game! One that we are not good at right now, be mad, be disappointed, there are certainly enough things wrong for that, but don't do foolish acts that in the end are only going to make you and the program we claim to love look bad. And yes that is regardless of what progress or lack thereof that we see.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The reason that I'm saying you are going too far is that Wikipedia is trying to be a legit encyclopedia. This is where school kids now go to learn (for better or for worse). I'm not saying that your anger is going too far. Hell, I'm not even saying that your emails to Warde and Susan are going to far. But screwing with an encyclopedia, to me, is going too far.

There's a lot of other ways to channel your anger, and this in my opinion, is not a healthy one...

Eh, Wikipedia is not "a legit encyclopedia" and can't ever be, but it has morphed into a useful compilation site. That's more than I thought it would ever be when I invented it. What, you don't believe that I invented Wikipedia? Just look up my handle, it says it right there...just wait about 15 minutes before you check.

Reaction Score
Eh, Wikipedia is not "a legit encyclopedia" and can't ever be, but it has morphed into a useful compilation site. That's more than I thought it would ever be when I invented it. What, you don't believe that I invented Wikipedia? Just look up my handle, it says it right there...just wait about 15 minutes before you check.
don't blame the source, blame the douches who abuse it for their own amusement

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
don't blame the source, blame the douches who abuse it for their own amusement

The fact that "douches (can) abuse it for their own amusement" is exactly why it's not a credible source. It is useful, though, as a compilation source but people, particularly students, need to few it with considerable skeptism.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if i could i would be a right now. i would start a new section under P's football acomplishments.

P's UConn Offense
run up the middle
run up the middle
false start OL
playclock running down time out, then yell at players
3rd and long force whitmer to throw a pass with the d knowing its coming
punt

Reaction Score
The fact that "douches (can) abuse it for their own amusement" is exactly why it's not a credible source. It is useful, though, as a compilation source but people, particularly students, need to few it with considerable skeptism.

We'll have to disagree, I am of the belief that just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do it. I would expect that response from my 7 and 3 year old not an adult. The anonimity that the internet provides makes people feel that its okay to do and say anything. If you don't have anyting factual to add to a wiki page that can be substantiated why would you do it? It's the ones who add to it just because they "can" that ruined it.

And we have all been a on occasion so don't take it personal Dan.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We'll have to disagree, I am of the belief that just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should" do it. I would expect that response from my 7 and 3 year old not an adult. The anonimity that the internet provides makes people feel that its okay to do and say anything. If you don't have anyting factual to add to a wiki page that can be substantiated why would you do it? It's the ones who add to it just because they "can" that ruined it.

what i would add if i could would be factual. the leach stuff years ago was just for fun and not factual. my opinion of p would be factual.

Reaction Score

Nothing personal about Dan, but this is as good a simple statement about the dangers of an e-society as I've seen. There is something about the internet that makes people think that because they can do something, it must not be wrong to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom