Prospects Nation unveils 2017 Elite 25 | The Boneyard

Prospects Nation unveils 2017 Elite 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Obviously, this is very preliminary, but there are some oddities here including the fact that about 90% of the players come from a half dozen states including five from Georgia. I'm personally shocked that Rellah Boothe, a powerful, low-post scoring machine from Florida isn't on here much less in the top ten. What isn't shocking is that Megan Walker is #1. UConn has reportedly already shown interest in Walker, #12 Kushkituah, and #21 Williams.

http://www.prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2017

http://prospectsnation.com/story/ranking-release-2017-elite-25

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How many have signed with UCONN? We need to extend our strength through 2021.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation is affiliated with Peach State Basketball. No surprise that they have a lot Georgia players.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How many have signed with UCONN we need to extend our strength through 2021.
Probably none have even been offered, but Megan Walker looks like a future Wall of Honor player. That other Walker--Kemba--did pretty well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks. They show Walker as the only 5-star. Strange.

I've noticed that the scouting services' star/rating systems are usually irrelevant until the sophomore or junior years. If you look at Hoopgurlz', they number their sophomores in groups of five. In other words, the top five all get the same number (98), then 6-10 get the same(97), and so on. My guess is that PN doesn't feel comfortable enough differentiating between them to put numbers on them yet. With the possible exception of Walker who seems to clearly stand out amongst the crowd right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've noticed that the scouting services' star/rating systems are usually irrelevant until the sophomore or junior years. If you look at Hoopgurlz', they number their sophomores in groups of five. In other words, the top five all get the same number (98), then 6-10 get the same(97), and so on. My guess is that PN doesn't feel comfortable enough differentiating between them to put numbers on them yet. With the possible exception of Walker who seems to clearly stand out amongst the crowd right now.
Thanks. That makes sense. I'm eager to see Meghan play. It's about a 100-mile drive to her school for me.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FullCourt's Bob Corwin just wrote a long recap of a recent AAU tourney in Atlanta. There are some names to store for later plus one on everyone's radar.

Megan Walker, 6-1, small forward, BWSL 16U (Monacan High School, Va.)

This Walker (quite a few in the sport) was probably the best prospect in the tournament and is already being talked of as top ten nationally in the 2017 class. Athletic with a highly advanced basketball IQ for her age, she has all the skill tools. She just needs some time to become more consistent at the game. This is a "fill-in-the-blanks" prospect who any college will likely be thrilled to get.

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/24945/capital-cool-2014-atlanta-area-teams-dominate-montgomery

Reaction Score
Durrless GA Pistols beat a Boykinless Boo Williams how did Walker play in that game

Reaction Score
got word of a showdown it Hampton today of PN 2017s #1 Meagan Walker(BWSL) and #5 Mikayla Boykin(Carolina Flames) in the Boo Williams Elite 64

CFlames 70-(#5 Mikayla Boykin had 21 points) BWSL 46-(#1 Meagan Walker had 5 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom