Princeton wins, now 26 -0; losing 3pt shooting touch | The Boneyard

Princeton wins, now 26 -0; losing 3pt shooting touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even as Princeton wins its 26th game in a row (over Yale) and after leading all of DIWBB in three point shooting percentage this season, they are now shooting under 30% in the last couple of games. Currently 40.8 %; UConn 40.7 %. UConn can take over the lead with good 3 point shooting on senior night. That will give UConn the ninth #1 of the 20 categories the NCAA tracks.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It is only open to subscribers on the internet but Carl Adamec has a lengthy article
on Princeton in Saturday's JI. Himself declares that they are dangerous. Some service has them slotted for a #6 seed.
Move up to #5 and it is at least possible that we would meet them in the sweet 16 in Albany come March 28.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If the Tigers do pick up a few wins it will take a little bit of the romance and legendary status away from that lone Ivy win back in 1998, but after 17 years the Ivies are due again.

And top sharpshooters Dietrick and Tarakchian went 3-6 on threes for the Tigers last night while the rest of the players went 0-7. That could be an issue come Tournament time if the trend continues.

Reaction Score
I was at both games this weekend.

Things were pretty much back to normal on Friday night. So much that I don't remember much about the game except that they won handily.

Saturday night was Senior Night so they let the seniors start the game and it threw them off for awhile. Combine that with the defensive effort that Brown was giving made it a slow start. You know that every team they meet from now on is going to want to be the one that upsets them and will be giving maximun effort to do that.

They just need to make it to the Big Dance without any injuries and they'll be OK. Charlie Creme's Bracketology this week puts them in a position to meet UCONN in the NC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom