Princeton @ Delaware | The Boneyard

Princeton @ Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to the game tonight to see the 10-0 Princeton WBB team play the Blue Hens. Have a seat right behind Delaware's bench.

Comments?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Michelle Miller, who plays for Princeton, was the leading scorer in the entire Southern Section of the California CIF during KML's senior year. I believe she averaged about 33 ppg as a junior back in 10/11 season(that was KML's senior year). The team she played for played in a much weaker division the KML's Mater Dei and never played Mater Dei.
Enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
Think they could go undefeated (at least until the post season)?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Princeton by 20?

Enjoy the game. At least you won't have the Princeton band. In one notorious RU game, they had a band member playing the duck (decoy that is), led by the mad hatter.

Reaction Score
Some Blue Hen scratchings: GO BLUE HENS!

» Delaware returns to the hard wood following an eight-day break for final exams.
» The Blue Hens have won three straight for the first time this season.
» Princeton is undefeated to begin the year and currently receiving votes in the AP Top 25. The Tigers
are No. 3 in the College Insider Mid-Major Poll.
THE SERIES
» Opponents since the 1983-84 season, Delaware leads the all-time series against Princeton, 16-8.
» The Blue Hens are 9-3 against the Tigers at home.
» UD had won two straight over Princeton before falling to the Tigers, 84-80, in OT last December.
» In the last matchup at the Bob Carpenter Center, Lauren Carra provided the heroics by knocking
down a running jumper with 2.1 seconds left to give the Hens an exciting 59-58 victory on Dec. 9,
2012. Carra finished the game with 15 points and six rebounds
before being named the CAA Player of the Week the next day.
THE COACHES
» UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 19th season at UD and
currently holds a 365-195 (.651) all-time record.
» The winningest coach in UD men’s and women’s basketball
history, Martin’s contract at Delaware is good through the 2016-
17 season.
» Martin is 8-3 against the Tigers.
» Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year
awards and led the Hens to 11 post-season appearances.
» Courtney Banghart is in her eighth season as the head coach
at Princeton. Banghart inherited a team that had never played
in the NCAA tournament and has led the squad there in four of
the last five years.
» Banghart is 148-66 (.645) since becoming a head coach during
the 2007-08 season.

Reaction Score
Going to the game tonight to see the 10-0 Princeton WBB team play the Blue Hens. Have a seat right behind Delaware's bench.

Comments?

Down in front.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Without Elena, UDel has little to no chance against Princeton.

Reaction Score
With wins already over Michigan, Pitt, Gtown, and Wake Forest, the Tigers will probably be favored in the rest of their games. I'm not sure they're good enough to maintain the discipline of an undefeated season, but tonight at @Delaware will be one of their toughest challenges. (Also the season finale at Penn.)

Reaction Score
It was the best/most competitive first half I've seen in awhile up until the last couple of minutes. Both teams were shooting well and Delaware was behind most of the half. Princeton started pulling away at the end of the 1st half and never let up after that.

I think this team is for real. Yeah, they don't have a dominant center or forward but they play great team basketball and team defense. It seems like they're pretty deep as well. #15 did a lot of scoring in the first half then the rest of the team took over. Michelle Miller is indeed a good player but none of them seems to need to hog the spotlight.

I'll be attending as many Princeton games as I can (I'm not too far away).

Look for them to go more than one round in the NCAA's...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Princeton will not be a 16 seed. I wonder how high they will go in the polls and seeds. Are they a top 15-20 team?

Reaction Score
Princeton will not be a 16 seed. I wonder how high they will go in the polls and seeds. Are they a top 15-20 team?

If they stay undefeated, I can see them in a 5-8 seed range. Perhaps sent to Storrs or College Park?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
They are at #7 in the Sagarin ratings ahead of such teams as MD, UTenn, Duke, Stanford, UNC, and KY. The pollsters will doubtless rate the Tigers well back of that during the season, but they will eventually get ranked. Maybe #15 in the polls eventually at best with their schedule and undefeated run, but they will get some attention if they remain high in the Sags and Massey ratings. Seedwise, #6 is the best that mid majors have gotten recently in a case like theirs that does not involve someone like EDD.

Reaction Score
Went to the game tonight against Portland State in Princeton. There was a sparse crowd so had my choice of seats. I sat up in some regular seats above the bleachers that were courtside. Great view to see how they ran their offense etc. It was awesome seeing Bill Bradley's banner up in the rafters also.

Princeton WBB team is on a roll! They look sharp as a tack with crisp passing, good screening and solid defense. They run a great fast break. #11 was the star tonight- she was everywhere in the first half. Stealing the ball then running fast breaks and making a lot of drives.

The starters sat out the final 15 minutes as Princeton had a huge lead. They didn't lose too much with the second team though. They had a 60 point lead at one point.

I got a free t-shirt!

I'm going to their game at Monmouth U. on Sunday...

Princeton 12-0.

They could...

go

all

the

way!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I
I think this team is for real. Yeah, they don't have a dominant center or forward but they play great team basketball and team defense...
Do they run the Princeton Offense? ;)

Reaction Score
STRIP: Awesome seeing Bradley's banner? You didn't spot mine? Could be very tiny....or maybe it's over in the old Dillon Gym? Or maybe you were confused by seeing a banner with no number? They never gave me a shirt. :rolleyes:

The Princeton women have a VERY strong Junior class...not so sure about the other three. If you check their sched, you'll see that they play teams from all over the country, so they don't duck much; they're very well coached, I believe. At least one of the other Ivies was very strong last year, if memory serves, which is usually doesn't. Don't know about this year's conference competition.

Reaction Score
Princeton 13-0.

Went to the game at Monmouth U. yesterday (my alma mater). They have a state of the art venue which was just being built when I attended the school so I never went to any games there. I think all their games are televised on local tv too. What's great about WCBB is that you can still go to great games for cheap and get great seats!

Princeton continued their dominating ways this day. Very balanced team (maybe ten or eleven players deep). Someone gets in foul trouble? No problem- they have somone who can fill right in. Very well coached and well disciplined team. I think the key is that they don't let up until the game is safely in hand.

They are a Top 25 team.

Reaction Score
At least one of the other Ivies was very strong last year, if memory serves, which is usually doesn't. Don't know about this year's conference competition.

Penn won the Ivy last year, with Princeton and Harvard tying for 2nd. Penn and Princeton tied for 1st in the Ivy preseason poll, although based on the returning talent I think Princeton should have been 1st.

Reaction Score
Penn won the Ivy last year, with Princeton and Harvard tying for 2nd. Penn and Princeton tied for 1st in the Ivy preseason poll, although based on the returning talent I think Princeton should have been 1st.

SH: thanks for that. Did a little research while away (just back on Sunday) and looks like the three you mention are the top three again this year. (I had thought Princeton won last year; perhaps they won a couple of other times very recently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom