President Obama Picks Upset In The Women's Tournament | The Boneyard

President Obama Picks Upset In The Women's Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His upset pick(s) are: 12th seeds Albany over Florida, and South Dakota State over Miami. He also predicts that UConn will retain the women's national championship title.

The president, making his annual picks for ESPN, is choosing UConn to beat Notre Dame on April 5 in Indianapolis. It's the fifth time in seven years that Obama is selecting the Huskies. He correctly picked them in 2015, 2014 and 2010, and his selection of the Huskies in 2011 was wrong as Texas A&M won the national title.

MORE...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Two picks against Florida teams? (Although he did pick FSU to advance beyond expectations.)

Reaction Score
Those are near Gimmies. Nothing special; anyone with more than a passing interest can see that both Florida and Miami are suspect teams, and both Albany and San Diego State are solid programs. I am surprised he didn't pick Tennessee to lose to Green Bay, which is another popular upset.

Interesting that he didn't pick a disciplined Army team with a star offensive threat in Minato to beat the chuck-and-duck offense that Syracuse plays. THAT would be a gutsy call, and one that I would have expected from our Commander in Chief, if for no other reason that to provide some moral support.

FSU over Baylor is quite a pick, however. Not sure what that pick is based on. Baylor has only lost once, playing without their Star against a solid team. The best team FSU has beaten is Miami, who they beat twice, and Miami avenged that nicely, wiping the floor with them the last game, 74-56.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Prez picked Princeton again this year in a mild upset over WV. This will keep the peace at home again. At least this year we don't have to hear about how another mediocre PU team is underrated. FSU over Baylor? Nah. Louisville will take care of that.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I like the annual eight-year tradition of the POTUS filling out a bracket and hope the next one does the same thing starting March of 2017.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Those are near Gimmies. Nothing special; anyone with more than a passing interest can see that both Florida and Miami are suspect teams, and both Albany and San Diego State are solid programs. I am surprised he didn't pick Tennessee to lose to Green Bay, which is another popular upset.

Interesting that he didn't pick a disciplined Army team with a star offensive threat in Minato to beat the chuck-and-duck offense that Syracuse plays. THAT would be a gutsy call, and one that I would have expected from our Commander in Chief, if for no other reason that to provide some moral support.

FSU over Baylor is quite a pick, however. Not sure what that pick is based on. Baylor has only lost once, playing without their Star against a solid team. The best team FSU has beaten is Miami, who they beat twice, and Miami avenged that nicely, wiping the floor with them the last game, 74-56.

Miami is playing South Dakota State.

Reaction Score
The Prez picked Princeton again this year in a mild upset over WV. This will keep the peace at home again. At least this year we don't have to hear about how another mediocre PU team is underrated. FSU over Baylor? Nah. Louisville will take care of that.
I SOOOO want to pick that, as my gut has been thinking about another UConn-L'ville final for a couple of weeks now. A UConn-L'Ville Final Four matchup would be...nice...but not as much fun.

Is anyone else thinking that the OSU scheduling gamble may bear fruit, and have them knocking out South Carolina to get to the Final Four? That'd be Karma for the Buckeyes, but disastrous in Columbia.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

If Florida State is able to beat Texas A&M on its home floor, it will be FSU's best win of the season. For a team that returned every significant player from an Elite 8 team, they have badly underachieved this year. Romero missed some games early in the season with a hand injury, and their chemistry just seems off. They looked awful losing at Syracuse, and lackluster in losing in the ACC quarters to a Miami team they'd already beaten twice.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If Florida State is able to beat Texas A&M on its home floor, it will be FSU's best win of the season. For a team that returned every significant player from an Elite 8 team, they have badly underachieved this year. Romero missed some games early in the season with a hand injury, and their chemistry just seems off. They looked awful losing at Syracuse, and lackluster in losing in the ACC quarters to a Miami team they'd already beaten twice.
Exactly. The few games I watched (prolly the same ones you did) were quite lack-luster. And I too thought they just looked out-of-sinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom