Presenting UConn in Conference Realignment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Presenting UConn in Conference Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fair point. ESPN is the only media outlet that matters, and they hate UConn.
How do you figure ESPN hates UConn? They were very complimentary towards the school and programs during the championship games last April.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your smug post. Nobody gives a flying crap about the WCHA because IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! Hockey East is the SEC of college hockey currently. That is a true statement. You can now crawl back into the hole that you came out of. You'd be better off trolling UofM Gopher boards. Thanks for your interest in UCONN Hockey.

Incredibly impolite. Stop being such a damn brat. This is an expansion board. Facts are facts, and the WCHA still exists.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fair point. ESPN is the only media outlet that matters, and they hate UConn.

My department is reflective of the company...it's at least 35% UConn alums/fans, far larger than any other faction.

Get a new schtick.

zls44

Reaction Score
How do you figure ESPN hates UConn? They were very complimentary towards the school and programs during the championship games last April.

Stop using logic! We need MOAR RAGE

Reaction Score
GFunk- take it easy on Hockey East...WCHA "was" like you said historically great but just like all of UConns national championships, they seem to mean nothing now in this freaking conference reallignment game. I agree that the WCHA was the real deal but Hocky East is not just a 2 team league...there are these two schools called Maine and UNH that show up quite a bit in your Wikipedia stats. Hockey East is the real deal now and in the past.

I agree - Maine has a pair of NCs, New Hampshire not yet. I also get the WCHA is a shell of its former self. But in head-to-head NCG's, the WCHA really outperformed Hockey East by large margins.

There's no SEC of college hockey. Just not enough parity in college hockey and not enough d1 participation. When the WCHA really dominated, there weren't many conferences or d1 programs.

pj

Reaction Score
BIGOSU this is some crabby brat who's pissed UConn hasn't been selected to a P5 conference. Never mind you and I come on here endorsing UConn to the BIG & often. Someone stole his milk money.

Don't mind him. His wife left him, he got fired, and his dog got run over. He'll get over it.

Reaction Score
Stop using logic! We need MOAR RAGE
Apparently every single employee at the Bristol campus is a Syracuse alum. Seriously I figured that if anything ESPN would be biased towards UConn since most of its employees are from Connecticut. Also since UConn is the flagship school in the state, there's a good chance a lot of the employees are alumni, and if not fans of the Huskies as we don't have any pro teams of our own.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Apparently every single employee at the Bristol campus is a Syracuse alum. Seriously I figured that if anything ESPN would be biased towards UConn since most of its employees are from Connecticut. Also since UConn is the flagship school in the state, there's a good chance a lot of the employees are alumni, and if not fans of the Huskies as we don't have any pro teams of our own.
I thought I'd read on the BY that a good proportion of the higher ups were Syracuse people and I assume that's where the idea of the bias comes in. Well that and the premise that since ESPN told the ACC who to take in expanding and we weren't one of the chosen ones it must be because they hate us, which lends support to the higher ups being fruit grads. I don't buy it myself, but it is fun to play the "us against the world" card.

Reaction Score
BIGOSU this is some crabby brat who's pissed UConn hasn't been selected to a P5 conference. Never mind you and I come on here endorsing UConn to the BIG & often. Someone stole his milk money.
We don't need you endorsing UCONN. But thanks for the favor. You need to troll your own boards.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Gfunk,

"Hockey East's hype is a product of Boston media. No more, no less." [/QUOTE]

I suppose that's a fact as well. Nice pot-shot.

Last edited:

zls44

Reaction Score
Fairfield_1st said:
I thought I'd read on the BY that a good proportion of the higher ups were Syracuse people and I assume that's where the idea of the bias comes in. Well that and the premise that since ESPN told the ACC who to take in expanding and we weren't one of the chosen ones it must be because they hate us, which lends support to the higher ups being fruit grads. I don't buy it myself, but it is fun to play the "us against the world" card.

Untrue.

Reaction Score
Really? I never heard of upstate New Yorkers flocking to Bristol CT, but maybe you're on to something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My department is reflective of the company...it's at least 35% UConn alums/fans, far larger than any other faction.

Get a new schtick.
and yet ESPN financed the dismantling of the Big East leaving UConn essentially homeless. They then gave our remaining conference a media deal that resulted in us getting paid pretty much what SNY would pay for the right for our woman's basketball team. They can, at any moment, tell the ACC the B1G or the Big 12 that they will pay enough so that the addition of UConn will not dilute their current shares, but they haven't.

Why would any of your UConn co-workers allow that to happen? Wait. Perhaps those executive decisions are being made outside of your department. Then your 35% revelation really isn't relevant is it?

zls44

Reaction Score
and yet ESPN financed the dismantling of the Big East leaving UConn essentially homeless. They then gave our remaining conference a media deal that resulted in us getting paid pretty much what SNY would pay for the right for our woman's basketball team. They can, at any moment, tell the ACC the B1G or the Big 12 that they will pay enough so that the addition of UConn will not dilute their current shares, but they haven't.

Why would any of your UConn co-workers allow that to happen? Wait. Perhaps those executive decisions are being made outside of your department. Then your 35% revelation really isn't relevant is it?

The corporate structure is publicly available. Including their bios. Go ahead, look up where they went to school/worked and figure it out, chief.

Reaction Score
Busjness isn't a charity, you think anyone is going to suggest keeping UConn is some structure because they're alums?

Regardless of what everyone says about ESPN, if UConn made economic sense it would be a priority. If all of this is about football or a major college market UConn offers neither of these. Hopefully they find a nut somewhere, but it is a wish at this point.

The corporate structure is publicly available. Including their bios. Go ahead, look up where they went to school/worked and figure it out, chief.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Busjness isn't a charity, you think anyone is going to suggest keeping UConn is some structure because they're alums?

Regardless of what everyone says about ESPN, if UConn made economic sense it would be a priority. If all of this is about football or a major college market UConn offers neither of these. Hopefully they find a nut somewhere, but it is a wish at this point.

It's not charity, it's repayment. Without CT government money there was no ESPN.

zls44

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
It's not charity, it's repayment. Without CT government money there was no ESPN.

without Getty Oil and Budwiser there was no ESPN. Not CT govt. Hell, Bristol was the backup choice (really great call Southington).

CL82

Reaction Score
No need. Actions speak louder than bios....chief.

CL82

Reaction Score

It made economic sense to destroy the greatest basketball conference of all time to reduce the overall amount ESPN had to pay to maintain it's near monopoly and to prevent product being available to it's competition allowing them to begin to gain market share. UConn getting excluded form the P5 (an ESPN created term) and shunted off to the G5 (also an ESPN created term) was collateral damage.

download-1024x770.png

zls44

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
No need. Actions speak louder than bios....chief.

The Big East rejecting $1,000,000,000 says it all.

zls44

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
It made economic sense to destroy the greatest basketball conference of all time to reduce the overall amount ESPN had to pay to maintain it's near monopoly and to prevent product being available to it's competition allowing them to begin to gain market share.

No it didn't. It cost more and they split part of it with Fox.

It's why the entire argument is a joke.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
No it didn't. It cost more and they split part of it with Fox.

It's why the entire argument is a joke.

Retorting with logic...you like to play dirty...

Herd%20Mentality%20-Mind%20Control.%20-09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69