Predictions for next year...how far? | The Boneyard

Predictions for next year...how far?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Assuming we're done with the 2013 recruiting class, and assuming bazz and boat return, next year could be pretty special. But how special do you think?

1. Boat /Terrence
2. Bazz /Omar
3. DeAndre/ Niels / Leon
4. Kentan/ Tyler / Phil
5. Enosch/ Amida

(Give or take...this starting lineup has serious potential.

In my opinion, I think this could be a final four team. We have the #1 and #2 guys from NYC coming in (one of which is an exceptional shot blocker), and a guy with a 7-6 wingspan from Ghana. That should be enough to get enough boards and blocks to win the close games we lost this year. Bazz and boat will be top 5 backcourts in the nation, and deandre Daniels has his 5 star athleticism. And not to mention, we will have 4 seniors on the team who won a national championship their freshman year. If we're not a top 15 team preseason I'd be shocked.

Reaction Score
Fringe top 25 team, probably a 5-7 seed in the Tournament, decent chance to make it to the second weekend and put a scare into a top seed.

I think results will be similar to 2002-03, 2007-08, except, unfortunately, instead of being a young team on the upswing preparing for a Final Four run, they'll be a veteran team about to lose its two playmakers.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Fringe top 25 team, probably a 5-7 seed in the Tournament, decent chance to make it to the second weekend and put a scare into a top seed.

I think results will be similar to 2002-03, 2007-08, except, unfortunately, instead of being a young team on the upswing preparing for a Final Four run, they'll be a veteran team about to lose its two playmakers.

I think this will happen as well. We don't have the muscle down low to contend for a title.

Reaction Score
I'm hopeful for an S16/E8 if Facey is the instant impact kind of recruit that I hope he is.

J

JustHusky

I think we would be happy to just get an elite 8 out of that team. The year after though is when we really start to come out of our shells. I think we're looking at a potential championship contender the year after. I know what i'm going to hear, we don't have boat and bazz that year. Personally with the recruiting of big name players and the progression of the current lineup minus the two of them would be a kick- team in my opinion.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
dream season III

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I think this will happen as well. We don't have the muscle down low to contend for a title.

Muscle can grow a lot between now and next October. Sweet 16 .

Reaction Score
True, a video was posted in which a player added 20 lbs. of muscle in about a 3 month span before the Season..

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Wolf, Tyler, Giffey, Leon ,Shabazz and Boat will all look more muscular next year . DD , Nolan , Facey , Brimah are a mystery because of their body type. Who knows? Jeremy was a stick like those guys but got his" joe weider / cross fit" going for his 2nd year.

Reaction Score
Way too early...save it for after the Providence game in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom