predict: who will be our top scorer this season. | The Boneyard

predict: who will be our top scorer this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the easy answer is boat but I think Purvis will take the title by the end of the year

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
1. Boat
2. Purvis
3. Omar
4. Hamilton

Reaction Score
Boat. For better or worse, we've had about 5 years of our offense predicated on a single playmaking PG. I don't see that changing this year.

Reaction Score
Not sure I'm buying an Omar bounce back. Think Samuels passed him up last year. Think cassell might jump him this year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Rodney Puuuurrrrvvvviiissss

Reaction Score
Purvis . I hope it isn't boat

I think it will be Boat, mainly because I think Samuel and Cassell will take some pressure off of him running the point, but I also think we'll have a bunch of guys in that 12-13 ppg range this year (Purvis, Boat, and Hamilton being the most likely candidates).

Reaction Score
I believe it will be Rodney with either DHam or Boat close. Boat may be the easy prediction but his focus go being more of a PG will probably keep him down some games. It will be interesting and I know it's hard for a freshman to be a great scorer early on I think Daniels tremendous mid range game will continue to be tough to guard at this level too. His creativity is impressive……..

But Rodney will have some big games especially when the 3 ball is going in - because then how do you guard this guy?

Reaction Score
I want to say Boat because that would follow the trend but I think it'll be purvis in the end. Regardless of who it is, I definitely don't see one guy being way out in front of the pack.

pj

Reaction Score
The easy answer is Purvis. Boat has the primary distribution responsibilities and he won't score more than 15, probably less. Little scoring will come inside, so a lot of pressure will be on Purvis and Hamilton to score. I bet Purvis averages around 20, Boat 13, Hamilton 10, rest in single digits.

Reaction Score
The easy answer is Purvis. Boat has the primary distribution responsibilities and he won't score more than 15, probably less. Little scoring will come inside, so a lot of pressure will be on Purvis and Hamilton to score. I bet Purvis averages around 20, Boat 13, Hamilton 10, rest in single digits.

20? Napier averaged 18 on a team with fewer options. I think 20 a game for anyone on this squad is, um, optimistic.

If anyone emerges as a scoring leader by a wide margin, it will be Hamilton. I think that we will have a bunch of guys bunched together.

pj

Reaction Score
20? Napier averaged 18 on a team with fewer options. I think 20 a game for anyone on this squad is, um, optimistic.

If anyone emerges as a scoring leader by a wide margin, it will be Hamilton. I think that we will have a bunch of guys bunched together.

Deandre Daniels was a major scoring option and he's being replaced by Kentan Facey and Rakim Lubin - doubtful they will be scoring options. Unless Amida and Phil have made major strides, we'll be similar at C - not a scoring option. Hamilton as a frosh I expect to score similarly to Giffey as a senior. Boatright similarly to Boatright. So we've got Deandre's and Shabazz's points available to be picked up by Rodney.

We'll see but I think it will be like 2011, it will take time for other scoring options to emerge. Lamb came out in the 2011 postseason, we'll need Hamilton to do so as well to make noise in the 2015 tourney; also we'll need the interior players to step up. Boat and Purvis will be the scorers early.

Reaction Score
Purvis . I hope it isn't boat

I agree. I think the best possible incarnation of this year's team would feature Boat (and Samuel behind him) as a distributor feeding potent wings (Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell, Omar). If Boat's the leading scorer by any meaningful margin, that would probably mean that either Boat's trying to be exactly like Bazz (which wouldn't maximize our wing talent and would probably lead to big offensive chemistry issues with this roster) or our wings aren't getting it done.

In a post-Deandre world, it's crucial that our wings be a dominant scoring force.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. I think the best possible incarnation of this year's team would feature Boat (and Samuel behind him) as a distributor feeding potent wings (Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell, Omar). If Boat's the leading scorer by any meaningful margin, that would probably mean that either Boat's trying to be exactly like Bazz (which wouldn't maximize our wing talent and would probably lead to big offensive chemistry issues with this roster) or our wings aren't getting it done.

In a post-Deandre world, it's crucial that our wings be a dominant scoring force.
Yup he needs to distribute at a high level, and pick his points when he is attacking. he will always be an attacking guard as fraschilla noted but if he can conserve his energy and attack when we need it the most thats fine. He understands he needs to prove his pure point guard ability so itll be interesting.,

Reaction Score
What I'd like to see
Boat 12
Purvis 15
DHam 10
Omar 6
Jr 6
TS 6
AB 6
PN 6
Facey 6
Rock just grab rebounds

That's 73 ppg which should be plenty if the team continues playing KO defense. Also fairly conservative player-by-player averages.

Reaction Score
I will say Rodney. I predict not 3 ppg will separate Rodney, Boat and DHam though. Balanced attack. I really hope we run a lot. Plenty of athletes and depth.

Reaction Score
Boat 15
Rodney 14
DHam 11
Omar 10
Amida 6
Phil 5
TSam 4
KFace 4
Cassell 3
Lubin 1
Lenehan 1

Total: 74

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Here's my prediction for the scoring next season. Facey and Calhoun are the two biggest wild cards in that deck.

1. Purvis
2. Boatright
3. Hamilton
4. Brimah
5. Calhoun
6. Nolan
7. Facey
8. Samuel
9. Cassell
10. Lubin
11.Lenehan
12. Amilo
13. Walk-on #2
14. Walk-on #3

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It will be without a doubt, count on it, sure as sheet, lock it up, write it down. put money on it, dead on, surefire, undoubtedly and without question:

The Purv.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It will be without a doubt, count on it, sure as sheet, lock it up, write it down. put money on it, dead on, surefire, undoubtedly and without question:

The Purv.

However it turns out, I think that it would be best for UConn if Rodney was the leading scorer, with Daniel Hamilton approaching Boat and Rodney's average as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
The ball will be in Boat's hands particularly at crunch time and he will go to the line, which will bump his points totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom