predict: uconn vs duke | The Boneyard

predict: uconn vs duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We get down by 10 early, then we show the heart of a champion and claw our way back. The game seesaws until the end when Boat steals and goes in a for a layup to win it.

Reaction Score
UConn 72
Duke 68
....must limit our turnovers and turn them over, Duke is young so I'm optimistic.

Reaction Score
I watched Duke play earlier against Wisconsin and was shocked how good this Duke team is considering their collective age. I don't think we have a chance without a healthy Purvis to take the heat off of Boat and Hamilton. Duke 79-'Dogs 67.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched Duke play earlier against Wisconsin and was shocked how good this Duke team is considering their collective age. I don't think we have a chance without a healthy Purvis to take the heat off of Boat and Hamilton. Duke 79-'Dogs 67.
They shot 65% in that game. I doubt we'll see a performance like that again.

Reaction Score
Duke only won their last game at home against nobody by 13. Today's line at a neutral court is 11. While I understand that you don't transpose results one game to another, we don't want to get slammed. Duke 75 UCONN 71

Reaction Score
If we had a solid rotation with defined roles at this stage, I think we could hang with them. But due to the injuries and youth, I think we're asking far too much out of them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Duke 74, Good Guys 63. Sincerely hoping that I'll be wrong.

Reaction Score
It is sunny with temperatures in the 40's today. That feels more like March than December. We know what happens when we play dook in March over the past 20 years.
Huskies - 78
BD's - 74

Reaction Score
Hoping I am wrong; but, I suspect that Brimah will have issues with Okafor and the refs and Duke has better 3 point shooters than UConn does. Still, Ollie will get UConn to fight, just not enough scorers right now. Duke 63 UConn 56. With more experience as the season wears on, it will be a different story in the Dance.

Reaction Score
UConn 73 Puke 69

TSam goes off for 26 & 8 with 4 3s
Facey double-double

Reaction Score
Are you guys serious? There is nothing - NOTHING that has happened yet in this season that should make any of us predict a UConn victory tonight. Duke went to Wisconsin and outplayed one of the 3 best teams in the country on their home court.

I am a UConn fan going back to the 80's, so I despise Duke with the best of you - but I'm not delusional. We do not have the cohesion nor the talent to pull out a victory in this game. In March? Maybe, depending upon how we start to gel from here.

Be happy if we stay competitive for most if not all of the game - be ecstatic if we lose by less than double digits.

Anyone who says otherwise is a total homer, or has been under a rock since about November 1st.

Reaction Score
Are you guys serious? There is nothing - NOTHING that has happened yet in this season that should make any of us predict a UConn victory tonight. Duke went to Wisconsin and outplayed one of the 3 best teams in the country on their home court.

I am a UConn fan going back to the 80's, so I despise Duke with the best of you - but I'm not delusional. We do not have the cohesion nor the talent to pull out a victory in this game. In March? Maybe, depending upon how we start to gel from here.

Be happy if we stay competitive for most if not all of the game - be ecstatic if we lose by less than double digits.

Anyone who says otherwise is a total homer, or has been under a rock since about November 1st.

The point of a prediction thread is not nuanced analysis. It's to flex your homerism and/or sense of humor.

By the way though, it's dumb to say everyone should be "ecstatic" with a single digit loss. You can be, that's your prerogative.

Reaction Score
Duke wins a laugher 76-51. Okafor will completely dominate Brimah inside.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.

And I think you underestimate our *potential* talent and overestimate both Duke and Wisconsin. Of course we are expected to lose, but you act like winning isn't possible and I simply don't understand that. Not after what we've seen over the years.

And I don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a UConn fan could be ecstatic with a UConn loss, ever.

I have to ask: Are you serious?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not sure who's going to put the ball in the hoop for us, but I think it's a two-possession game with two minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom