Pre Game Bar Recommendations | The Boneyard

Pre Game Bar Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for some Pre game recommendations...

Anyone know of any bars that run beer deals before Uconn games?

Reaction Score
No idea but I usually hit the Tavern House before games. I assume most places have some kind of happy hour deal. Though as a New Haven guy, Hartford is a bit if a mystery to me.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Russian Lady has 3 dollar miller lite bottles Vaughn's and city steam are nice places but I'm not sure if they have any specials

Reaction Score
Vaughns pratt st $3 pints 4 dollar apps
Tavern downtown allyn st beer deals and $1 sliders
The hartford room (new place not sure of deals) assulym ave
City steam main st $3 microbrews 3 dollar apps 16 dollar beer towers
Trumbull kitchen trumbull st 3 dollar beers weird 2 dollar tappas apps that are good

Unfortunately coaches closed, but I know rocking horse and russian lady have specials as well on ann ucello

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pour house as well

Reaction Score
If you strictly want beer Pigs Eye has $2 drafts for all 18 drafts on tap on Mondays

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
None. This victory is one of the few things I want to be completely sober for.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The hartford room (new place not sure of deals) assulym ave
Just noticed this place for the first time last night on the way out of the game. The Founders neon light caught my eye (it's one of my favorite beers, only recently available in Connecticut, and still far from widely available). Also noticed the Sierra Nevada neon, so I'm guessing they have some good beers on tap generally. Anyone been there yet? If so, I'm interested in a review of the place.

FWIW, I met up with my friends at Salute, which also had pretty good happy hour specials on food and beers, both of which were decent.

And while I'm at it, props to the XL Center for adding some better beers in recent years, and still getting better. It's nice to have a few decent options now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I met alexd, beerfan and their crew there at 5:30. It's really the new location for East Coast Dog. alexd enjoyed his Sierra Nevada while I enjoyed my Brooklyn Winter Lager. The place has been open for 2 weeks and serves up over-the-top gourmet dogs and asst sides. They were so not ready for a UConn game night as their unqualified short order cooks screwed up all the orders and backed up the line to the point where every dog was on the house. We each had a regular Mucke and a Hawaii 5-O that featured a Mucke wrapped in bacon topped with a teriyake glaze, onions and pineapples. Very good dogs.

Reaction Score
Just noticed this place for the first time last night on the way out of the game. The Founders neon light caught my eye (it's one of my favorite beers, only recently available in Connecticut, and still far from widely available). Also noticed the Sierra Nevada neon, so I'm guessing they have some good beers on tap generally. Anyone been there yet? If so, I'm interested in a review of the place.

FWIW, I met up with my friends at Salute, which also had pretty good happy hour specials on food and beers, both of which were decent.

And while I'm at it, props to the XL Center for adding some better beers in recent years, and still getting better. It's nice to have a few decent options now.
as Dove stated they are brand new. I haven't sampled the beer menu but have tried some of there dogs and am very impressed. The owners are great guys as well and I expect they will be much better equipped for crowds next time.

Reaction Score
Here's another vote for The Hartford Room/East Cast Dog. Seasoned fried were good too. Had a Goose Island IPA also.

Dove is right...they were totally unprepared for the crowd. On the plus side, they must have advertised pretty well to be open just 2 weeks and pack the place like that. Good to hang with you again Dove.

After the game, Beerfan and I hit the new Rockinghorse Saloon next door to the Russian Lady. Wall to wall younger crowd, country tunes and dancing female bartenders ala "Coyote Ugly"..."Save a horse, ride a cowboy" indeed...very different for downtown Htfd.

Reaction Score
as Dove stated they are brand new. I haven't sampled the beer menu but have tried some of there dogs and am very impressed. The owners are great guys as well and I expect they will be much better equipped for crowds next time.

Speciallist...when I got there the place was empty...had a chance to chat with both owners and get "the tour"....nice guys. One of them used to be a boss man at The Counter in Blue Back Square. Cool reggae, dub and ska tunes all night...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reviews guys. Did any of you happen to notice whether they had any Founders products on tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom