Practice facility - we have trailers and a start date | The Boneyard

Practice facility - we have trailers and a start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't we get the necessary funds to break ground back in August? Whats with the delay? This project has "big dig" written all over it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just worried that the project manager is going to quit just short of getting some real traction and the new guy will just the whole thing up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't we get the necessary funds to break ground back in August? Whats with the delay? This project has "big dig" written all over it.

Sigh.

They announced in mid-October that they had hit $24M which would allow them to finance the remainder and to break ground.

I'm not sure what your construction experience is, but if you decide you're going to be able to build a $32,000,000 building on Monday, you might not be able to start on Tuesday.

It is a somewhat complex operation to put in motion.

Please do not respond with any "Yeah, buts..." because they'll be inane and force me and probably Pudge to actively hunt you down and kill you and your pets.

Reaction Score
Obviously you don't work in real estate or construction. As Fishy said any commercial construction project is pretty complex. You don't just start days after you have the money. I'm a real estate developer and we got permits for a big residential development back in November 2011. We are breaking ground this April. There's a lot of "stuff" that needs to get done before you put a shovel in the ground.

Reaction Score
Relax guys no need to attack me here. No I do not work in real estate development, but we have been hearing about this practice facility for several year. I've also observed ongoing construction on the UConn campus for 15+ year. I'm just a fan that's anxious to get the project underway.

Reaction Score
Fishy said: Please do not respond with any "Yeah, buts..." because they'll be inane and force me and probably Pudge to actively hunt you down and kill you and your pets.

Not with that cute Avatar you wouldn't!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait this work isn't done in the dead of winter?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's all confirmed - they're breaking ground the practice facility this spring.

The construction trailers are already on site.

Any update on whether they intend to add any options to the website to donate something less than $250K?

H

Huskieforlife

Sigh.

They announced in mid-October that they had hit $24M which would allow them to finance the remainder and to break ground.

I'm not sure what your construction experience is, but if you decide you're going to be able to build a $32,000,000 building on Monday, you might not be able to start on Tuesday.

It is a somewhat complex operation to put in motion.

Please do not respond with any "Yeah, buts..." because they'll be inane and force me and probably Pudge to actively hunt you down and kill you and your pets.
Yeah, but.....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any update on whether they intend to add any options to the website to donate something less than $250K?

They will, but I'm not privy to their schedule - at this point in a project this large, they'd still be targeting large donations.

I was involved in a project roughly this size and we didn't target small donors until very late in the process - when you have something to show, you start selling bricks, plaques, fixtures, etc., etc.

That phase will last well after the facility is completed.

Reaction Score
I only wish I had the $10 million to donate so that I could name it the Jim Calhoun Basketball Development Center, and, ya know, enough more millions that those 10 would seem like a drop in the bucket. As long as I'm wishing, right?

-Mano

D

Deleted member 3149

After going through the new practice facility and speaking to the most genuine coach in college basketball, why on earth would a recruit not pick UConn? (Aka NBA U) . Many titles will be coming our way over the next 20 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A
I only wish I had the $10 million to donate so that I could name it the Jim Calhoun Basketball Development Center, and, ya know, enough more millions that those 10 would seem like a drop in the bucket. As long as I'm wishing, right?

-Mano
Agree. That name is better choice than my idea "The Bite Me Emmert Center"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought you meant movie trailer...

Gives me chills everytime. Whoever did this should be in charge of making a new ad for us to broadcast during games. Absolutely perfect.

Reaction Score
First time seeing that. Gave me goose bumps. Gonna see it one more time.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

There is actually an option for small donors right now. It's via the UConn Foundation's donation page honoring Jim Calhoun. They have options for donating to either "UConn Basketball Development Center (#22423)" or "The Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center (#22227)"

You can find that page here: UConn Foundation: Honoring Coach Jim Calhoun

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Looking forward to the Pavers going on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom