Power Rankings UCONN 16 | The Boneyard

Power Rankings UCONN 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Florida lost Patric Young, Casey Prather, Scottie Wilbekin and Will Yeguete from last season. Billy Donovan's team returns Kasey Hill, Michael Frazier II, Dorian Finney-Smith, plus it adds talented prospect Devin Robinson, but the program lost nearly 42 points per game when its talented crop of seniors left the building."

How on earth is Florida rank in the to 10 in pretty much every poll? Head to head UConn beat them twice they lost 4 starters we lost 3, talent for talent we have more and Kevin Ollie is 2-0 over Billy Donovan..... I just don't get their hype

Reaction Score
Come on man, we thrive as an underdog, let them say what they want to say

but as a side note, you need to understand that Ollie having a solid first year and an amazing run in his 2nd does not make him the best coach in the world. He's as competent as any other great coach in the country, but just understand where these writers are coming from... we couldn't get Louisville's number despite having the ability to get those 6 great W's in a row

Reaction Score
"Florida lost Patric Young, Casey Prather, Scottie Wilbekin and Will Yeguete from last season. Billy Donovan's team returns Kasey Hill, Michael Frazier II, Dorian Finney-Smith, plus it adds talented prospect Devin Robinson, but the program lost nearly 42 points per game when its talented crop of seniors left the building."

How on earth is Florida rank in the to 10 in pretty much every poll? Head to head UConn beat them twice they lost 4 starters we lost 3, talent for talent we have more and Kevin Ollie is 2-0 over Billy Donovan..... I just don't get their hype

And florida was 35-0 against everyone else. Ease, up, bro.

Reaction Score
Why do people care so much about preseason polls?

Larry Brown is 2-0 against Kevin Ollie, but we were just named preseason favorite on media day. Who cares?

Reaction Score

Larry Brown is 2-0 against Kevin Ollie, but we were just named preseason favorite on media day. Who cares?

Yup. And SMU returns every single player of note from last year's team and added Justin Martin from Xavier.

Reaction Score
Come on man, we thrive as an underdog, let them say what they want to say

but as a side note, you need to understand that Ollie having a solid first year and an amazing run in his 2nd does not make him the best coach in the world. He's as competent as any other great coach in the country, but just understand where these writers are coming from... we couldn't get Louisville's number despite having the ability to get those 6 great W's in a row

how can i understand where these writers are coming from? they have a final four team who lost 4 starters in the top 10 ok i can live with that but then they have the defending national champions 7-10 spots behind that final four team who lost to the defending championships... it's perception my friend.
i know that UCONN can compete and beat pretty much anyone no matter if UCONN is ranked or not but it matters to recruits... when is it going stop being ok being looked down at, always getting picked against. UConn won 2 of the last 4 champions ships, 3 of the last 10 champions ships... when is UCONN going start getting respect?

Reaction Score

i care? don't you?

Reaction Score
And florida was 35-0 against everyone else. Ease, up, bro.
They also lost to Wisconsin...

But yeah, I think it would be fair to be up in arms if the team wasn't ranked or something (getting the name out there only helps), but I think 16 is okay, so I'm not going to be up in arms about who, exactly, is ranked ahead of us.

Reaction Score
I care about the final standings, not preseason guesses.

you don't see the recruiting classes that these preseason to 10 teams get? do you only watch the last games of the season?

Reaction Score
how can i understand where these writers are coming from? they have a final four team who lost 4 starters in the top 10 ok i can live with that but then they have the defending national champions 7-10 spots behind that final four team who lost to the defending championships... it's perception my friend.
i know that UCONN can compete and beat pretty much anyone no matter if UCONN is ranked or not but it matters to recruits... when is it going stop being ok being looked down at, always getting picked against. UConn won 2 of the last 4 champions ships, 3 of the last 10 champions ships... when is UCONN going start getting respect?
Maybe they decided they players we lost were more important and better than they players they lost?

Maybe they thought their younger players who didn't play much last year have more potential than ours do?

Maybe they think more highly of Florida's recruiting class?

Maybe they thought "that dante from the Boneyard will cry like a little girl with a skinned knee if we rank Florida higher in the preseason rankings, and that would be funny to see".

It's a mystery.

Reaction Score
you don't see the recruiting classes that these preseason to 10 teams get? do you only watch the last games of the season?
I really don't think recruits analyze pre-season or post season polls, other than walking around high school campuses and AAU games bragging about who's recruiting them.
These are teenagers who want to play on the big stage and get to the NBA. UConn offers that opportunity as well as a dozen other schools.

Every school has a recruiting advantage that they exploit to the fullest, and it ain't pre-season or post season polls. In fact Championships while important as they may seem are not a deal maker to these kids. The deal maker is the recruiter and how they sell the program. Some recruiters (including cal) can sell their arse off, dazzling a kid to no end.

If we are missing out on recruits then we need to sell a little harder, but even if we do, we are not going to get them all or all those we want to get.

All I'm saying is don't underestimate the talent and skills of a 'master' recruiter.

Reaction Score
Are you really saying that recruits are picking schools based on preseason rankings? Wow.

I watch as many games as I can. Who said anything about watching games? I'm talking about the unimportance of rankings.

Reaction Score
Are you really saying that recruits are picking schools based on preseason rankings? Wow.

I watch as many games as I can. Who said anything about watching games? I'm talking about the unimportance of rankings.

are you going to argue for the sake of it? preseason rankings do matter those top 10 are consider contenders bro they are hyped all preseason bro name a recruit that doesnt want to win a championship bro do you get the picture bro? take louisville recruiting classes do you not see the difference in their recruiting classes? even in the big east they were't recruiting like that bro lol... I'm messing with you it's obvious that I know more =)

Reaction Score
are you going to argue for the sake of it? preseason rankings do matter those top 10 are consider contenders bro they are hyped all preseason bro name a recruit that doesnt want to win a championship bro do you get the picture bro? take louisville recruiting classes do you not see the difference in their recruiting classes? even in the big east they were't recruiting like that bro lol... I'm messing with you it's obvious that I know more =)

Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro