Post Temple Injury Update | The Boneyard

Post Temple Injury Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/uconns-melifonwu-is-day-to-day.html

>>On Monday's conference call with the media UConn football coach Bob Diaco said that starting safety Obi Melifonwu, who appeared to injure his shoulder in the second quarter of the loss to Temple, is considered day to day and he is hopeful that Melifonwu will be able to play against Tulane on Oct. 11. Diaco said Melifowu was having his best game of the season before he was injured.

The news is not as promising on starting right tackle Dalton Gifford and backup safety Ellis Marder who Diaco said with both "be out a while" with lower-leg injuries suffered against Temple.

Although Gifford started, Andreas Knappe played almost the entire game on Saturday. Redshirt freshman Tommy Hopkins will be Knappe's primary backup while Gifford is sidelined.<<

Reaction Score
Gifford hurt his knee. You could tell live. I don't think it was an ACL, because he moved a little too well for that afterwards, but certainly could have been some other tendon.

Reaction Score
Gifford hurt his knee. You could tell live. I don't think it was an ACL, because he moved a little too well for that afterwards, but certainly could have been some other tendon.
yes, saw that limp... should take himself out if he can't contain rushers... don't need false pride killing your qbs.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Obi reaction seemed to be much worse than reported. Held forearm immediately and then seen in warmups with arm in sling after half on sideline.
Shoulder is my assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro