Post game quotes | The Boneyard

Post game quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... why is Uconn not posting the quotes from the post game?!
Went to the St. Joe's web site and they have the St. Joe's quotes posted in PDF - and obviously an official NCAA document, but nothing from the Uconn site. Really really annoys me. Would prefer having a camera in there, but at least the transcript could be posted - takes about two minutes to scan and load.

http://www.sjuhawks.com/pdf9/2665344.pdf

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I read the (very classy) comments and was pleased to note that Coach Griffin didn't sugar coat her description of the game as some great "learning" experience.:rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Searched the NCAA website earlier and while ALL of the men's pressers are available NONE of the women's are... at least that I could find. :mad:

Reaction Score
On UConn’s defense

“I think their defense, for us, it was hard because we had to focus on our outside shot and those weren’t falling. I thought we ran our offense really well and we were getting whatever shots we wanted to, they just weren’t falling.”

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
On UConn’s defense

“I think their defense, for us, it was hard because we had to focus on our outside shot and those weren’t falling. I thought we ran our offense really well and we were getting whatever shots we wanted to, they just weren’t falling.”

Yeah, funny how blocked shots never seem to fall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They did get many open shots last night and that was probably the most disturbing part of the game.
I agree with Ice. It seemed that we focused on offense more than defense for the second game in a row. Also, Joes shot 35%, which is above average against us. I think we need to close out better if we play the Irish.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Okay,I read a lot of comments on playing Notre Dame on this thread and a few others.
We should really be commenting on our play against any team left,not specifically the Irish,because,there is a chance the Irish may not even get to the championship game.
Few,if any,people are thinking that Baylor ,or Kentucky could get in.Sure,the Lady Huskies and the Lady Irish are the cream of the crop during the regular season.However,Each of these other teams,and the rest of the teams still around,have talent,and anything can happen in one game,whether sweet sixteen or elite eight.
I would not discount anyone that could do all the right things for one game,and Baylor with a very hot Sims,or Kentucky with great rebounding and hot shooting,could very well spell the end to the Irish's run to the final four.
Seems very unlikely,some think,but,if you look at the tournament so far,a few very good teams were knocked out already.
If I know anything about this coaching staff,it is that they will not be looking hard at anything but the next game to play.
They will also address anything not up to team defensive or offensive standards during practices.
Rest assured,Connecticut has KML really getting back her groove,and it will not matter who is next or after that.
My opinion,is,that this is the best starting five in women's basketball,no contest.

Reaction Score
Louisville gets to the Final Four, and they aren't afraid of Notre Dame, and have a team that could surprise Notre Dame in the semi-final.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Please not to call us Lady Huskies...just sayin....

Reaction Score
Again - why is there no mention of Stanford. They can be a formidable foe. Remember, we beat them early in the season. And even with their bad losses to Washington and USA, still have to be reckoned with. Look, if your making book, Uc0nn is 95% sure of being in the final game. I would put ND at 75 % and the rest of the field at 50%.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some,not all,of the posts in this thread,could,possibly,be easier read if the writer would,or would,discover the location of,and use of,the space bar on his,or her,keyboard so readers,like me,are not distracted from the excellent content.Thanks.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not really afraid of Stanford. Sure, they aren't the same team we played in November, but neither is UConn. And UConn doesn't have losses to Washington and USC.

Reaction Score
Some,not all,of the posts in this thread,could,possibly,be easier read if the writer would,or would,discover the location of,and use of,the space bar on his,or her,keyboard so readers,like me,are not distracted from the excellent content.Thanks.

icoUldnThaVesaIditbeTtermyself

Reaction Score
Okay,I read a lot of comments on playing Notre Dame on this thread and a few others.
We should really be commenting on our play against any team left,not specifically the Irish,because,there is a chance the Irish may not even get to the championship game.
Few,if any,people are thinking that Baylor ,or Kentucky could get in.Sure,the Lady Huskies and the Lady Irish are the cream of the crop during the regular season.However,Each of these other teams,and the rest of the teams still around,have talent,and anything can happen in one game,whether sweet sixteen or elite eight.
I would not discount anyone that could do all the right things for one game,and Baylor with a very hot Sims,or Kentucky with great rebounding and hot shooting,could very well spell the end to the Irish's run to the final four.
Seems very unlikely,some think,but,if you look at the tournament so far,a few very good teams were knocked out already.
If I know anything about this coaching staff,it is that they will not be looking hard at anything but the next game to play.
They will also address anything not up to team defensive or offensive standards during practices.
Rest assured,Connecticut has KML really getting back her groove,and it will not matter who is next or after that.
My opinion,is,that this is the best starting five in women's basketball,no contest.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
01John655.jpg

Reaction Score
Again - why is there no mention of Stanford. They can be a formidable foe. Remember, we beat them early in the season. And even with their bad losses to Washington and USA, still have to be reckoned with. Look, if your making book, Uc0nn is 95% sure of being in the final game. I would put ND at 75 % and the rest of the field at 50%.
Hmmm..... Let's see 95% + 75% + 50% = more than 2 teams in the final

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Semper, talk about an inside joke. It is all Koinonia to me.

Reaction Score
Yeah, funny how blocked shots never seem to fall.

I thought the game was a rout to start. They have some moxy though - and their players some had goood handle etc. But when you can't get easy baskets - and you're saying "we got whatever we wanted from our offense" as a reference to being forced to shoot jump shos all day--- good luck with that.

Interesting though the coach said maybe a team can try to press UCONN. I wonder if ND would try that. And/or if ND will also try a junk defense.

Reaction Score
Their outside shots weren't falling because UConn's defense forced them to take those shots from NBA range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom