Possession by possession breakdown of second half (only for those who like torturing themselves) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Possession by possession breakdown of second half (only for those who like torturing themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope I'm not in the minority - I love the (over)analysis and considering the amount of posts written without giving any thought, I feel fortunate to see this type of detail. I would have loved to rewatch the second half to see how things went astray, but its way more convenient spending 10 minutes reading about it.

I do agree with tenspro that not flashing people to the middle was a slightly bigger issue than you believe. Even if it not wide open, the defense still collapses and leads to more openings overall. Giffey is ideal for this role, and as mentioned, we had success with running Bazz to the line last year. DD was also good in this position, even with his flaws, simply because he scored so well from here. DD actually did flash several times last night (if my memory serves) but quickly bailed to set a screen for Bazz. Can you imagine that we spent a year watching AO try make sound decisions from the high post v. zone D?
I noticed on several occasions the guards and small forward were not very well spaced in the backcourt, which allows the zone defense to crowd the elbows/foul line, keeping them from dumping the ball into the high post/ foul line area. The lack of spacing also rendered swinging the ball to break down zone ineffective. Two big problems when trying to beat a zone defense.

Reaction Score
I noticed on several occasions the guards and small forward were not very well spaced in the backcourt, which allows the zone defense to crowd the elbows/foul line, keeping them from dumping the ball into the high post/ foul line area. The lack of spacing also rendered swinging the ball to break down zone ineffective. Two big problems when trying to beat a zone defense.

Interesting. I'll have to rewatch...err...have Champs rewatch and confirm.

Reaction Score
wow impressive.........i think!!:eek:...........just for the fact you could watch that 2nd half again!!

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I am not reading Champs' post (although I'm sure it's incisive) and I question the sanity of anyone who did.

I read it. Its no longer than a lot of newspaper articles that I read and the analysis is soooooooo much better than the reporters who merely summarize a point rather than providing a detailed analysis like Champs does. KEEP POSTING. Nomar - love your posts on uconnball.com, but this is some good here and worth the read.

Reaction Score
I read it. Its no longer than a lot of newspaper articles that I read and the analysis is soooooooo much better than the reporters who merely summarize a point rather than providing a detailed analysis like Champs does. KEEP POSTING. Nomar - love your posts on uconnball.com, but this is some good here and worth the read.

I assume it is really good stuff but I'm with nomar…….:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc